VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: What would everyone's position on this case be right now if LM came out and said, "Ok, I did give her a ride, but I dropped her off at the corner of blah, blah."

If you knew for a fact she did ride in the car, would that change your opinion? Would it matter? Remember Natalee Holloway...they saw her ride off in the car with Joran Vandersloot...but they never had anything to arrest him on. He said he left her at the beach. End of story....

Ok, lets say he DID just drop her off and is innocent. If so then he should have some vital information to help with find her. He was the ONLY person that we know of that she talked with (in person) in the last few hours before disappearing. He could tell us what she said, what she was acting like, where she was trying to go or meet with, whether she seemed disoriented and in distressed, etc, etc.

If he is innocent then there should be something that can back up his alibi (like his roommates or other people, receipts, video or events that can prove he was not with Hannah after the time he claims that he parted ways with her. He could have saved LE thousands of hours of work looking and searching for her. But instead, he stays silent until they find him and then he clams up and then flees.

If he really wants her to be found then WHY would he not talk with the cops? If he knows that he left her in good health and unharmed, then there should be further proof of that. But instead, meets up with him and her trail goes cold there. Then from there on out, he has acted with a man who has a ot to hide, not an innocent man who knows he has done no wrong.

IMO Hannah was easily identifiable due to her unique top that was captured so well in the first video that was released, along with her height. I don't think anyone could have identified someone by their face on those grainy videos, and seeing someone completely out of context doesn't help matters either.

The hair, the build, the clothing, the walk ... all identifiers.

Cases need massive and widespread media coverage for most of the people in an area to know about them. It needs to be unavoidable and covered by a wide variety of media outlets. There seems to be a huge gap between the high-profile cases that everyone knows about, and the high-profile cases that people are shocked that so many do not know about.

I would imagine Chief Longo is under tremendous pressure from the US Department of Treasury and the US State Department to get this case solved quickly and Hannah found. With her Dad working for the World Bank...They need to find her now.

You will have to ask her. She was more than shocked.
But again, she's not a close friend of his. He coaches her son's team, and her son didn't even know if the coach had been at practice last Saturday or not. Would I recognize the grainy video of somebody I'd had maybe a dozen interactions with? Maybe or maybe not. Would I recognize the grainy video of a family member of mine or a friend I'd known for years? Probably.

JMO

Was it that way before 9/11? IIRC, she's been in the US since she was five, which if my math is right would be a year or so before.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

If she is 18, that would likely mean a likely 1996 birthdate which would mean she was 5 in 2001.....same year of 911 events. Regardless of that, it is doubtful that she is traveling on a passport or ID issued with a picture of a 5 year old, so her records would have definitely been updated several times since her arrival in the USA. So it is very likely her prints are on file.

BBM - Which may be why I am so adamant about pointing out our right to remain silent. I try and have faith in our justice system and want it to work the way it was meant to, and not just let emotions take over.

But remaining silent at the very beginning of an investigation does not make one appear innocent. If I see it that way, countless potential jurors will, too. They will want to know why, just like many of us here do.

'
Charged with a Felony.

Is it the Government then? I have filled out applications where it asks, have you ever been convicted of a crime?

If so, please provide the date and charge.

'

But remaining silent at the very beginning of an investigation does not make one appear innocent. If I see it that way, countless potential jurors will, too. They will want to know why, just like many of us here do.

It should not make you appear to be innocent or guilty. Especially when we have no idea what he has told the police, and what his lawyer has said. If people choose to see it that way, they aren't respecting the right to remain silent. Which happens, but you still have that right.

I really don't mind going back and forth, especially when there really isn't more to talk about. That is how most conversations go in real life anyways. We may have to say things a few times, but as long as it is respectful it shouldn't be a problem. But if someone has something else to talk about..by all means lol. I'm just waiting on this update from JM possibly turning himself in...

a couple years back, When the economy tanked and my world went to hell, I made a decision to remove all "outside news" (local, political, national, mags, EVERYTHING) from my life. It was all I could do to focus on MY immediate family. The news is draining- not everyone can handle it.

Also- on that Parker guy from 8News just put on his fb that law enforcement said that report was false. That they are not in talks to turn himself in.

I don't know what these "feeds" are but I never see local news online and I am on my ipad all day long. I have to go to the local news web site especially to see what is happening in town. And I only do that maybe once a week, I admit. Most major national news comes up here on Ws in the "In the News" thread. And sometimes I read a national news site like the AP.

Not to mention LE was describing a man who looked nothing like JM. Why should he think it was him, even if he did see something about a girl missing? And maybe Hannah never told him her real name or that she was a student. She may have pretended to be older. I would not have given my real name if I went for a drink with a man I just met, and if I was eighteen, I know I would not have admitted it.

Most people I know use their gadgets only to text or play games. Or check weather or buy movie tickets. Not to check breaking news. It is a shame but true.

The "feed" I mentioned was his Facebook feed since someone brought up that he was active on Facebook..I was stating the likelihood that living in Charlottesville someone on his Facebook feed or more than one would have posted info about the missing Hannah and with it likely pictures..and after having spent time with her he would obviously recognize that picture and it would raise one hell of a flag you would think..

Has he been convicted of a felony? It is my understanding job applications ask only to disclose convictions.

Charged with a Felony.

Is it the Government then? I have filled out applications where it asks, have you ever been convicted of a crime?

If so, please provide the date and charge.

I saw where he was convicted of a misdemeanor - the one I looked up. Trespassing after Warning.

WG's behavior also suggests to me he was following her before the initial video clip we saw. She was walking fast and it's not like he stepped forward to see what was going on and then realized she looked distressed- he stepped out with purpose and immediately was following.

That makes me think he was following her beforehand, she stopped for some reason (maybe to check her phone or re-orient.) He has to keep walking so it wouldn't look weird and he passes her. Then... He stopped again in the video we saw so he could get the chance to follow her again.

If I see it that way, countless potential jurors will, too. They will want to know why, just like many of us here do.

Any lawyer worth anything will just show the video from the press conferences as their "why" and if they are a good lawyer it will be quite compelling.

This is a great point!!! :scared:

The "feed" I mentioned was his Facebook feed since someone brought up that he was active on Facebook..I was stating the likelihood that living in Charlottesville someone on his Facebook feed or more than one would have posted info about the missing Hannah and with it likely pictures..and after having spent time with her he would obviously recognize that picture and it would raise one hell of a flag you would think..

Was it that way before 9/11? IIRC, she's been in the US since she was five, which if my math is right would be a year or so before.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Good question and I don't know the answer. BUT if her dad is working for any kind of US Govt related agency, I would have to assume they were on the ball and checking. Again, I assume.

If she is 18, that would likely mean a likely 1996 birthdate which would mean she was 5 in 2001.....same year of 911 events. Regardless of that, it is doubtful that she is traveling on a passport or ID issued with a picture of a 5 year old, so her records would have definitely been updated several times since her arrival in the USA. So it is very likely her prints are on file.

IDK how many posters are familiar with the John Glasgow case out of Arkansas (Little Rock). When he disappeared, his car was found parked at a mountain trail area. Anyway, police tried to fingerprint the car's interior in an effort to determine whether Mr. Glasgow or someone else had driven the car there. Ultimately, they stated they didn't find usable prints. On an episode of Disappeared about the case, the LE officer indicated that it wasn't altogether unusual not to find usable prints on the car's interior and that it didn't necessarily mean the car was wiped down or anything.

Now maybe that was just that one detective's opinion, IDK. But I thought it was worth sharing. Apparently not the best surface for fingerprints? IDK. Also, between the time of Hannah's disappearance and when the car was taken it is possible there were one or more passengers that rode in JM's car.. perhaps messing up any fingerprints Hannah may have left if she was in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove