VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not picking here....really! : )

Obviously, I don't know the guy, but from the videos I've seen (which definitely aren't all of them) I never would have guessed he was over 6 ft. He looks much shorter to me. As for weight, it would purely be a guess. If he looks around 5'10" to me, I'd guess he's about 225 lbs.

And that's how eyewitnesses screw things up.

Oh, and the first time I saw it, I thought the guy in white was a woman.

Hahaha!!! I agree. But you and I don't know him. People who know him WELL had to have known who it was. JMO

WG's behavior also suggests to me he was following her before the initial video clip we saw. She was walking fast and it's not like he stepped forward to see what was going on and then realized she looked distressed- he stepped out with purpose and immediately was following.

That makes me think he was following her beforehand, she stopped for some reason (maybe to check her phone or re-orient.) He has to keep walking so it wouldn't look weird and he passes her. Then... He stopped again in the video we saw so he could get the chance to follow her again.

Yeah my money's on WG at least being involved.

I've seen a couple mentions of how neighbors, people that know JM, etc feel about him and how they don't see how he could be responsible for something like this so I just want to caution anyone that puts much stock in those statements that no one knows what a person does behind closed doors..reference any number of famous serial killers in history..just a reminder for kind of "the other side of the fence"

Anyone who has knowledge:

I'm pretty sure LE only speculates that he was parked somewhere on 4th? Although, now I've read that they do indeed have footage of that car leaving? So that confuses me.

My main question though, is anyone familiar with the area enough to know how parking is down there? Was he most likely in a garage, on street parking, in a lot? Also it's hard to tell on maps exactly where these areas would be, so if anyone could shed some light I'd appreciate it.

The only thing I know, from what others have said is that that garage closed sometime around 1:30am and he most likely was not parked in it due to that.

It just strikes me that from the very first contact with LE after being identified, he has refused to speak. Most innocent people are fine with speaking about an event in which they didn't do anything wrong. They want to help, they have nothing to hide, they are innocent, they want to speak out and get their story out there. Then, if they feel like police are not treating them right or are treating them like a suspect, they clam up. But they at least give that initial interview and cooperate at first. We have seen people who are later found to be guilty that had no problem speaking with LE.

Also, another thing - what the heck is up with him going to the police to get a lawyer from them? Most people handle getting their own lawyer or wait till they are charged to be assigned one. But expecting the police to get a lawyer even before you are charged with something and then fleeing from the cops after that, breaking laws that now GIVES them a reason to arrest you. I don't think I have heard such a thing before.

I was surprised when she was described as having light brown hair, because to me it looks reddish.

And on one of the cable show mentions last week (I can't recall which? JVM maybe?) they were calling her blonde! :scared:

WG's behavior also suggests to me he was following her before the initial video clip we saw. She was walking fast and it's not like he stepped forward to see what was going on and then realized she looked distressed- he stepped out with purpose and immediately was following.

That makes me think he was following her beforehand, she stopped for some reason (maybe to check her phone or re-orient.) He has to keep walking so it wouldn't look weird and he passes her. Then... He stopped again in the video we saw so he could get the chance to follow her again.

Quoting myself here.. But as I keep rewatching the more I think what I said could be a possibility. If that is when he started following her, he would hAve deduced in basically two steps she was 'in distress' or half a second she was in distress- that's how much time it took her to walk past him in that doorway

If he is innocent then there should be something that can back up his alibi (like his roommates or other people, receipts, video or events that can prove he was not with Hannah after the time he claims that he parted ways with her.

I'm going to suggest that perhaps this is because he has just seen the Randy Taylor trial. RT claims he was innocent. Yes, he was with Alexis. Yes, she was in his trailer. No, he was not the last one with her and yes he can describe the person who was. He can, in fact, tell you where she is at this moment. No body has ever been found.

Yet RT is in jail serving two life terms.

I'm not sold on JM as the perp at this point. JMs behavior is in line with many of the "creepers" I noticed back in my undergrad day. These are older than college age townie guys who hang out in college bars looking to take home a girl who had a few too many.

Say JM took her back and had boarderline non consensual sex with her. This would explain physical evidence and JM keeping his mouth closed. This does not mean he did it.

Hannah could have woke up from JMs place disoriented, and left the apartment quietly in the wee hours in the morning. 3-4am. This would be the time she was taken by an experienced criminal, especially with the MO/victim matching past crimes in town.

But again, she's not a close friend of his. He coaches her son's team, and her son didn't even know if the coach had been at practice last Saturday or not. Would I recognize the grainy video of somebody I'd had maybe a dozen interactions with? Maybe or maybe not. Would I recognize the grainy video of a family member of mine or a friend I'd known for years? Probably.

JMO

A video showing walking can be strikingly identifiable, even if the face is grainy. I remember being very surprised to see I recognized my Mom from 7-8 blocks away from high up on an elevated train platform - in a big crowd. It was her gait that made me so very certain.

It just strikes me that from the very first contact with LE after being identified, he has refused to speak. Most innocent people are fine with speaking about an event in which they didn't do anything wrong. They want to help, they have nothing to hide, they are innocent, they want to speak out and get their story out there. Then, if they feel like police are not treating them right or are treating them like a suspect, they clam up. But they at least give that initial interview and cooperate at first. We have seen people who are later found to be guilty that had no problem speaking with LE.

Also, another thing - what the heck is up with him going to the police to get a lawyer from them? Most people handle getting their own lawyer or wait till they are charged to be assigned one. But expecting the police to get a lawyer even before you are charged with something and then fleeing from the cops after that, breaking laws that now GIVES them a reason to arrest you. I don't think I have heard such a thing before.

Keep in mind that one article says detectives talked to him at the apartment, but wanted to talk to him again. For all we know that conversation could have been "Yes, I met her at the mall, we had a drink, I left by myself and went home. Don't know what else to tell you" and now he wants a lawyer because of all the LE activity. Or it could have been "Yes, my name is JM, I'm not saying more than that". Who knows...only LE knows.

The only thing I know, from what others have said is that that garage closed sometime around 1:30am and he most likely was not parked in it due to that.

In the first press conference, did Longo not say the car was parked on 4th St? Seems like I remember him turning around to ask another officer for confirmation and he got it.

The garage is now open 24 hours as of August. One of the locals will have to post the link for the garage as I do not recall the name of it.

Anyone who has knowledge:

I'm pretty sure LE only speculates that he was parked somewhere on 4th? Although, now I've read that they do indeed have footage of that car leaving? So that confuses me.

My main question though, is anyone familiar with the area enough to know how parking is down there? Was he most likely in a garage, on street parking, in a lot? Also it's hard to tell on maps exactly where these areas would be, so if anyone could shed some light I'd appreciate it.

There are two paid parking garages, one closes at midnight, the other closes the top section at mignight but shares the ground floor with CPD., that stays open. There is also many areas of street parking, and small lots scattered around the area. I doubt he was in the garage that stays open due to CPD, and theres no way that car is currently registered, the inspection sticker expired june 2014.

In the first press conference, did Longo not say the car was parked on 4th St? Seems like I remember him turning around to ask another officer for confirmation and he got it.

It is possible, I believe I have read that.

Semantics, but I don't believe it can be used against you in a jury of your peers. In an actual jury, someone may hold that grudge, but they are technically not allowed. Semantics, I know.

I am open minded, I will listen to the evidence. I watched the Scott Peterson trial with an open mind. But we can't help what we think and believe. Those sneaky little thoughts and red flags nag at us, and we end up voting according to our beliefs, even in a jury room.

Oh, I thought he stated they weren't sure where it was parked at.. but perhaps suggested some places it could have been parked where someone may have seen it? Can someone weigh in to confirm or deny?

I am open minded, I will listen to the evidence. I watched the Scott Peterson trial with an open mind. But we can't help what we think and believe. Those sneaky little thoughts and red flags nag at us, and we end up voting according to our beliefs, even in a jury room.

Absolutely. We just owe it to our justice system, if anything (Because who knows when we need it to work for us) to try and follow the rules as they were meant to be followed.

After that wildly inaccurate description of bald guy -- whether it was the best information at the time or a deliberate lie -- I have a bit of reservation about the accuracy everything LE says. Not that I necessarily think they're wrong, or deliberately misleading. Just...I need salt to believe every detail of their description of their interactions with JLM is wholly accurate. I'll wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand