VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple years back, When the economy tanked and my world went to hell, I made a decision to remove all "outside news" (local, political, national, mags, EVERYTHING) from my life. It was all I could do to focus on MY immediate family. The news is draining- not everyone can handle it.

Also- on that Parker guy from 8News just put on his fb that law enforcement said that report was false. That they are not in talks to turn himself in.

The news is draining!! I have actually stopped watching it, and instead just read. That has helped me. I go through periods where I cut it out completely too.

And yes, I saw Parkers update. I am disappointed lol.

'
Charged with a Felony.

Is it the Government then? I have filled out applications where it asks, have you ever been convicted of a crime?

If so, please provide the date and charge.

'

You can be charged with a crime that you are ultimately not convicted of, and conversely can be convicted of a charge. This website helps to clarify:

http://work.chron.com/can-still-job-got-arrested-but-not-convicted-21382.html

Some employers only care about felonies, but it depends.

It should not make you appear to be innocent or guilty. Especially when we have no idea what he has told the police, and what his lawyer has said. If people choose to see it that way, they aren't respecting the right to remain silent. Which happens, but you still have that right.

Exactly. The Fifth Amendment protects citizens from self incrimination. However, I would appeal to his conscience. Please tell what happened because of the goodness that is inside.

What are you suggesting here? That he knew her? Just trying to understand. I don't think people buying things outside of their means is at all uncommon so just trying to understand the point exactly

Maybe buying her drinks was an investment, and not a casual thing.

"

I get my news here. Don't read, listen or watch anything local.

Exactly. The Fifth Amendment protects citizens from self incrimination. However, I would appeal to his conscience. Please tell what happened because of the goodness that is inside.

In most cases I would agree, and if I was Hannah's family that would be my only goal right now. But given LE's actions (And that isn't to say they are wrong), he would be wise to listen to his lawyer, innocent or not.

This is a really interesting thought. Do you think perhaps, once they obtained more surveillance, they see WG leave and realize he has nothing to do with this. But then what is the real WG thinking right now? They must have had some contact with him, right? I have been wondering if WG is afraid for his own personal safety, since is known in this case as the one who reported JM, but for the police to report JM on WG's behalf....that would cause some safety concerns that WG may not be cool with.

I think WG looked so blurry they figured no one would know it was him, and he was alone. I seriously don't even think he is the guy we see walking in the Tuel's video. I don't think he ever turned that corner.

If you watch the Tuel's video again and pretend JLM is a reflection and therefore does not exist, the guy trailing behind Hannah does look kind of creepy. And I counted about 10 other people after him. So it is an obviously busy place and it's not like she was alone in a dark alley.

[video=youtube;UmfLTWEuQEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmfLTWEuQEU&safe=active[/video]

It should not make you appear to be innocent or guilty. Especially when we have no idea what he has told the police, and what his lawyer has said. If people choose to see it that way, they aren't respecting the right to remain silent. Which happens, but you still have that right.

Perhaps it should not, but it does. You have the right to remain silent, but it's a red flag that can be used against you in a jury of your peers.

Nope he said he knows they left together via eyewitnesses, but he BELIEVES that she was in the car. JMO

Sorry... I do not know how to officially link tweets...but during the presser today... This was tweeted.. And posted on WS:

[Melissa CBS6: Detective: We do have video of Hannah Graham and Matthew together after they left Tempo Restaurant.]

HTH...:seeya:

Perhaps it should not, but it does. You have the right to remain silent, but it's a red flag that can be used against you in a jury of your peers.

Semantics, but I don't believe it can be used against you in a jury of your peers. In an actual jury, someone may hold that grudge, but they are technically not allowed. Semantics, I know.

I think it is entirely possible there are people in the Charlotteville area who did not hear of Hannah's disappearance. I am surprised anyone believes it's not possible. Of course, it's possible. Many things are possible. It is not possible that Hannah vaporized into thin air, That's about all that is not possible. That JM drives a wreck of a car, has a track record of not taking care of his car, that he likely tried to pick up or even picked up an already confused, lost young woman, ceratinly possible. Despicable, yes, but not necessarily a given that he harmed her or killed her. That he's gulity of terrible, unsafe driving, refuses to talk to police after consulting with an attorney, none of these things are certainties that he harmed Hannah or even had anythng to do with her after leaving Tempo with her.

But, it doesn't look good for JM. IT's also possible he did have something to do with Hannah's disappearance and right now he's LE's best bet. So far, last person to have seen her, his car apparently near where her scent ended, something suspicious found in car and apt that adds to possibliities that she may have left the area in the car.

But seriously, yes, it is certainly possible that JM or anyone in that are might not have heard about Hannah's disappearance.

The hair, the build, the clothing, the walk ... all identifiers.

I'm not picking here....really! : )

Obviously, I don't know the guy, but from the videos I've seen (which definitely aren't all of them) I never would have guessed he was over 6 ft. He looks much shorter to me. As for weight, it would purely be a guess. If he looks around 5'10" to me, I'd guess he's about 225 lbs.

And that's how eyewitnesses screw things up.

Oh, and the first time I saw it, I thought the guy in white was a woman.

So much bad information. Very frustrating.

Prayers with Hannah's parents this evening.

And what is foremost in my mind, is that if her body is out there, and he has knowledge of that, it is monstrous to allow the family to continue to suffer and wonder, knowing that you can give them answers, but won't to save your own skin. It makes a person so much worse in my eyes. But that is just my opinion.

With respect, I remember that post, but he/she does not know JLM. She just knows he's an assistant coach of her son's team, and her son couldn't even remember if JLM had been at practice last Saturday. She's an acquaintance, not somebody close to him.

Really? To me the references below indicate otherwise, but I guess I could be reading them wrong :waitasec: but it seems like it's more than someone who just has seen him around, as she also mentions character, knowing him enough and what he looks like to have not even thought of him while watching the video and discussing things here because from knowing him, that ran contradictory to thinking he could possible have done something to Hannah.

In terms of her son not remembering if he was at practice that morning (which I can't find that post at the moment) where she said said he didn't remember, she also said that he has said practices all run together and he would ask his teammates. (And frankly I totally understand practices of sports running together, especially in terms of if someone who isn't expected to be there every time was even there at something a week ago...and I imagine it's even more true asking for a HS guy to to have noticed, let alone remember! :scared:LOL)

But aside from not being sure if he was there because practices run together, to me it seems important to note the below - that he does not always go to nor does it seem to be obligatory or shocking if he doesn't.

... it is not a big deal if the volunteer coaches miss practice. Coach Matthew has missed in the past when he has had to work, and there were no repercussions. So, if something DID happen Friday night and he WAS involved, he could have missed practice with no one really caring. . . . . . which makes me think that if he WAS at practice, there is less reason to think he was involved. I am soooo torn-up about this! <snip>
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986877#post10986877

OMG! I've been on this site for the past 5 days . . . . . and just the name of the POI released. I know him! He coaches my sons football team! I cannot believe I did not recognize him from the video. I think I just did not even associate him with the potential to commit a crime! He is the nicest, caring, Christian man . . . . . Always helping the boys, encouraging them, as a volunteer.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986162#post10986162

Yes! TCS. I cannot tell you what a wonderful, caring, dedicated, Christian man and coach he is. I am soooo shocked I about this! I know that friends/neighbors of victims always say this, but this is different! I have watched the videos at least 30 times and although the guy in the video is obviously him, I never, ever even thought of him. For 5 days, I looked at the video and he never came into my mind as him! I saw him the Friday night the incident occurred at the TCS football game (against Hargrave). I even took pictures of him and the boys. I am shaken!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986705#post10986705

I know! I am heartbroken about this! I know Coach Matthew and truly cannot believe that he is capable of doing something to anyone!

As I've been following this case for a week, I was convinced by the circumstantial evidence, the media and Chief Longo's appeal to the community that the black guy with dreads did it. . . . . . that was until they released his name and I realized that I know him. I truly cannot believe Coach Matthew had anything to do with this. I am so torn-up about this!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-6&p=10986757#post10986757

His car had that damage way before last Friday night. He's been driving it that way for as long as I've known him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sville-13-Sept-2014-8&p=10990145#post10990145

Anyone who has knowledge:

I'm pretty sure LE only speculates that he was parked somewhere on 4th? Although, now I've read that they do indeed have footage of that car leaving? So that confuses me.

My main question though, is anyone familiar with the area enough to know how parking is down there? Was he most likely in a garage, on street parking, in a lot? Also it's hard to tell on maps exactly where these areas would be, so if anyone could shed some light I'd appreciate it.

I think they want witnesses that saw the car that night so they can determine a direction it went after jm left the bar like out of town or a deserted road etc. Not just to see if hannah was in the car.

Maybe this is a tactic to get more people to come forward. They may already know he did it but they want to strengthen their case by getting a lot of evidence, witnesses etc. But after this breaking news, they know he did it. I'm pretty sure they have evidence. If they don't, then maybe they are just so desperate to find Hannah that they'll do anything.

'
It appears you have to look up everything by county, of which there are many. I know he has at least one misdemeanor conviction that is not traffic related. I went into another criminal charge he had - and it's clear he has experience with criminal defense attorneys. Plainly evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove