VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JM worked as a "transporter/orderly" in a hospital setting, I imagine that most scheduled surgeries occur during 6am-5ish. Does JM have a college degree? Does VA high school athletics association allow a non degreed person to coach or assist.

He attended Liberty University, IDK if he graduated. But he volunteer coaches for a private school so it would probably be a non-issue what the VA High School Athletics Association thinks, no?

Call me crazy but I don't think WG exists. I mean I know there was some guy in the Sal's video, but I don't think he called in any tips. I think that was a LE tactic and they assumed the man who was following Hannah in the Tuel's video snatched her up...y'know when they thought JLM was a reflection and therefore was not walking at her side.

I think they jumped the gun.

JMO but in their minds, earlier in the investigation, they saw some creepy guy in black jeans, white shirt, with a slight beer belly following her around the corner.

Not trying to pick be mean but JLM has more than a slight beer belly.

And I think the part about being in physical distress is code for stumbling around drunk which might have come from the McGrady's video and/or doorman as well as running down Preston in the middle of the night and walking all wonky in the Sal's video.

IMO you don't need a witness to see she was in distress. It is all there on tape.

Also I imagine running full speed down Preson made her all sweaty by the time she got to Sal's.

I am going to bet most of the people on the mall on a friday night are dressed in nice clean clothes and not dripping in sweat or walking frantically.

This is a really interesting thought. Do you think perhaps, once they obtained more surveillance, they see WG leave and realize he has nothing to do with this. But then what is the real WG thinking right now? They must have had some contact with him, right? I have been wondering if WG is afraid for his own personal safety, since is known in this case as the one who reported JM, but for the police to report JM on WG's behalf....that would cause some safety concerns that WG may not be cool with.

It's moving so fast, I have no idea if this was answered. Forgive me if it has been.

I am a legal resident of the USA, I'm a Legal Alien, as is my daughter. We have had to go to the DHS building and have had our fingerprints, palmprints, photos and handwriting samples taken. I have a Green Card, as does my daughter, but my son was born here and is automatically a US Citizen. It can be...difficult...going through airport security, especially when my son was too young to go by himself. Trust me. Every.single.aspect. of my life, my daughter's life, and Hannah's and her family's life, is 100% documented by Homeland Security. They do not mess about. If Hannah's fingerprints were found anywhere, they would on it. She, and her family, are on file. If the FBI is involved, they have every single detail of this family available asap.

This is not an assumption. My family is in the exact same position as Hannah's. They have EVERYTHING. They probably know more about my family history than I do. It is a very long, hard, complicated, and intrusive process to get a visa, after 9/11,

Was it that way before 9/11? IIRC, she's been in the US since she was five, which if my math is right would be a year or so before.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Also...we don't know that JM said anything to police about he and Hannah leaving bar and splitting up. Grandma said that he said that and reporter reported it. It doe not lock him into anything, Imo. She may have misunderstood him, or he lied to her, but not to police. It is not a crime to lie to Grandma.

Grandma might not agree with you there...:wink:

I don't know what these "feeds" are but I never see local news online and I am on my ipad all day long. I have to go to the local news web site especially to see what is happening in town. And I only do that maybe once a week, I admit. Most major national news comes up here on Ws in the "In the News" thread. And sometimes I read a national news site like the AP.

Not to mention LE was describing a man who looked nothing like JM. Why should he think it was him, even if he did see something about a girl missing? And maybe Hannah never told him her real name or that she was a student. She may have pretended to be older. I would not have given my real name if I went for a drink with a man I just met, and if I was eighteen, I know I would not have admitted it.

Most people I know use their gadgets only to text or play games. Or check weather or buy movie tickets. Not to check breaking news. It is a shame but true.

If she is in the river, it is possible they will never find her.

It's not that big of a river; clear water and easily wade-able this time of year. Plus, there are a lot of canoers and kayakers. On the contrary, I think she would have been found already if she were in the river.

I'm really amazed that other people don't know as many people as I do that don't keep up with the news. Some people literally just have no interest in it. Even if it is on in the room they are in, they will tune it out.
I despise watching the news and never do.
The only way I find out about cases like this is my board friends or missing persons groups I belong to on facebook.

I have seen you say that you are on the fence, however you have yet to suggest he may be guilty of kidnapping or killing her, which statistically is the most likely outcome and statistically, he is the perp. Am I open to the idea that this isn't the case? Of course! But I am struggling to understand why you are spending so much energy on defending him.

Why shouldn't I? He is a POI, not a suspect. He deserves every bit of benefit of the doubt as much as suspicion of guilt. I don't feel the need to repeat what other are already saying, as much as I feel the need to point out scenarios that are being overlooked and ignored.

This is not a board where we all need to be on the same page, or all need to condemn someone because we care about the missing person.

The burden of proof is not on you. It is on the prosecutor.

Absolutely. The state has to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not the other way around. But what muddies the water is a POI/Suspects actions during an investigation. Potential jurors are watching (if they watch the news or read, that is) and though they may not have formed an opinion one way or another, they do remember.

"Most people I know use their gadgets only to text or play games. Or check weather or buy movie tickets. Not to check breaking news. It is a shame but true."

Not my generation and the ones younger than me. Unfortunately our phones are our lifelines.

Looking at his records and info (including condition of his car), I don't think JM could very well afford to buy strangers drinks.

He had garnishments from unpaid bills. To those that are saying questioning will ruin his life, he has already been convicted of at least one misdemeanor, so he has to acknowledge that on all job apps that ask, have you ever been convicted of a crime? The one I looked up was Trespassing After being warned.

He has been charged with a (non-violent) Felony. He is familiar with criminal defense attorneys.

The alcoholic drinks he was buying for young girl may be more telling...

What are you suggesting here? That he knew her? Just trying to understand. I don't think people buying things outside of their means is at all uncommon so just trying to understand the point exactly

I teach in a public school in VA and at both the HS and MS levels, there are parents without degrees who are assistant coaches.
He attended Liberty University, IDK if he graduated. But he volunteer coaches for a private school so it would probably be a non-issue what the VA High School Athletics Association thinks, no?

Looking at his records and info (including condition of his car), I don't think JM could very well afford to buy strangers drinks.

He had garnishments from unpaid bills. To those that are saying questioning will ruin his life, he has already been convicted of at least one misdemeanor, so he has to acknowledge that on all job apps that ask, have you ever been convicted of a crime? The one I looked up was Trespassing After being warned.

He has been charged with a (non-violent) Felony. He is familiar with criminal defense attorneys.

The alcoholic drinks he was buying for young girl may be more telling...

Has he been convicted of a felony? It is my understanding job applications ask only to disclose convictions.

As a sophomore being only 18, Hannah may have been used to lying about her age. I was in the same position as her. I went to college at 17 and was 18 in my sophomore year as well, when many of my friends were turning 20. I basically lied or was deceptive about my age to anyone who wasn't my actual friend... at that age it is a little embarrassing to be younger than everyone else.

We don't know if she did but that was my experience. And also why I got an ID from an older friend. Because when you're a sophomore in college a lot of your friends can legally drink-- it's a big drag being someone who can't.

Absolutely. The state has to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not the other way around. But what muddies the water is a POI/Suspects actions during an investigation. Potential jurors are watching (if they watch the news or read, that is) and though they may not have formed an opinion one way or another, they do remember.

BBM - Which may be why I am so adamant about pointing out our right to remain silent. I try and have faith in our justice system and want it to work the way it was meant to, and not just let emotions take over.

What? How is that possible? I'm being serious, not snarky. I really want to know how that is possible. LE was able to spot Hannah across the mall, walking very fast ... I had to squint with my eyes on the screen to see that it was her. But the POI was right there in our faces. He was clear.

You will have to ask her. She was more than shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove