VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think LE didn't want to tip JM off that they were looking for him at that time. Just MOO.

If that was true, and they released that video, it shows a serious lack of intelligence on their part IMO. He was in the video, we could all see it. It is just one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in a while lol.

In the presser today, didn't Longo say they left between 1:20 and 1:40? Or am I hearing things again...?

My recollection is that he was appealing to people to think about 1:20, 1:30, 1:40 and asking if anyone saw the two of them around any of those times. I took that to mean that they think the two could have left Tempos as late as 1:40, but I am not sure he was specific about where he thinks they may have been at 1:40 or whether that was just the latest he thought they might have left the area.

I still for the life of me don't understand how the first warrant they got was to sieze his car. Not to search his apartment but just to sieze his car. And during that seizure all of a sudden they had found something that amounted to probable cause in order to search his apartment.

So what could they have possibly seen in his car that allows for a warrant for his home, but not for his arrest?

I don't get it!:scared::shame::thinking::tantrum:

Thank you! Because how could they get a warrant for his car if they didn't know for sure that she ever got in his car? That's what they're asking the public to verify?

I've never heard of someone going to a police station to ask for a lawyer. There has to be more to that.

Maybe he didn't understand that the judge normally does it at the hearing. He may have seen the perps on TV saying they want to talk to a lawyer during questioning. He may have asked the price of a retainer for the lawyer's services and found out unless a judge declares him indigent, he has to pay up.

Do innocent men commit suicide when the police want to question them as witnesses?
If true, that's weird.

Even if he were cleared tomorrow, his life is ruined and will never be the same. And there will always be people who thought he *got away* with it. So yeah, I can see that happening.

Whether he had anything to do with HG"s disappearance or not, he has plenty of reason to be afraid. He is specifically linked to her fate being on her missing poster. The police have no doubt been aggressive with him. His car was seized, his apartment searched. His lawyer, no doubt, has told him to say nothing and get the heck out of dodge for a while.

LE seems to be pretty danged sure that he has more information than he is sharing. They may not have been able to tie him to his car which appears to have something suspicious in it. LE is limited by very strict rules as to what they specifically have to have before arresting and accusing someone of a crime. They simply do not have enough in hand yet.

Frankly, it doesn't look good for JM, but LE has to get the proof. If there isn't enough for the DA to procede with the case, they are not going to arrest JM or anyone, for that matter.

Chief Longo from the press conference.

"And then she finds her way to second street and market right there next to Felini's restaurant....

An eyewitness saw her make that turn, she comes south bound on second street.

We know that because surveillance cameras tell us that, at least two. (the same two we have seen, Sal's and Tuel)

And in one of those images I thought it was a reflection but we look closer and see she is walking with a man.

I believe that man was Jesse Matthew. I really do.

I believe Jesse Matthew and Hannah found themselves at the Tempo Restaurant. I believe that.

Eyewitnesses told us so.

I believe Hannah left Felini's restaurtant with Jesse Matthew. (I think he misspoke and meant Tempo but JMO)

In fact I believe that Jesse Matthew was the last person Hannah was seen with before she vanished off the face of the earth.

"

Still no mention of the video from Tempo which I am still convinced does not exist despite the link Popsicle provided. Maybe I'm just being stubborn tho...
The info was given by the other policeman in response to a reporters question.

LE still should not be using him wanting to not speak without a lawyer against him. If they have evidence, use it. But don't use someone's right to protect themselves as evidence.

They aren't using it against him. He is the last verified person up to now to have been with Hannah. He's refusing to co-operate with police. Should they just say "oh it's fine. You just take your time to decide if and when you'll talk to us", meanwhile there is an 18 year old girl missing? If he has nothing to hide why doesn't he go to the station, get his lawyer and tell the police what he knows?

Chief Longo "When Mr. Matthew left, at some point thereafter State and Federal authorities who were overtly, not covertly, overtly monitoring his movement....."

So it was State police and FBI.

My recollection is that he was appealing to people to think about 1:20, 1:30, 1:40 and asking if anyone saw the two of them around any of those times. I took that to mean that they think the two could have left Tempos as late as 1:40, but I am not sure he was specific about where he thinks they may have been at 1:40 or whether that was just the latest he thought they might have left the area.
Right, so if they have video of them leaving Tempo, why don't they know what time they left? Hmm...

Its very common right here in VA. Unfortunately one of the problems is awareness. I have spent a lot of time researching human trafficking in the Northern Virginia area. It seems Route 29 is a pretty direct route to NOVA. I wonder if the POI is not connected with a larger sex ring in NOVA. I am sure the FBI are investigating this as its more common that most people think. Girls are moved quickly given drugs, different names and a change of hairstyle. I just saw this very disturbing video of two girls that were kidnapped in Toledo in 2005 and according to stats, human trafficking is much more common now. These girls were found 9 days later and returned home. I think the kidnappers were only sentenced to 8 years.
Link to article on NOVA Sex ring
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...86e1a8-1c9c-11e3-82ef-a059e54c49d0_story.html

Link to article about teens in Toledo kidnapped…if you google you can find special that goes further into the sex trade and what happens. Google the subject and you are going to see many many stories about women who are kidnapped and trafficked. Some of them make it out.
http://www.toledoblade.com/TV-Radio...ledo-teens-abduction-forced-prostitution.html

This. Exactly. I'm sure law enforcement know that they would have a HUGE lawsuit on their hands if JM is in fact innocent.. I can't see them doing all of this and risking it on little or no evidence..IMO. They have something imo.

This a long shot but its possible Hannah knew JM and was going to meet him after the party and they had been texting him that she was lost. But why wouldn't he just come pick her up in his car? Maybe he was lazy.

In the presser today, didn't Longo say they left between 1:20 and 1:40? Or am I hearing things again...?

ETA... wait. If they have video of them after Tempo, wouldn't they be able to pin it down a little closer than 20 minutes??

Yes I am watching it now.

They aren't using it against him. He is the last verified person up to now to have been with Hannah. He's refusing to co-operate with police. Should they just say "oh it's fine. You just take your time to decide if and when you'll talk to us", meanwhile there is an 18 year old girl missing? If he has nothing to hide why doesn't he go to the station, get his lawyer and tell the police what he knows?

Having something to hide, and having something to fear are completely different. He can have nothing to hide, but it is clear LE is after him and therefore he wants to protect himself. Our justice system allows for that, regardless of who is missing. And LE is using it against him, because they are coming out in press conferences speaking aggressively about a POI (Not a suspect!) without any evidence against him.

He did go to the station, got a lawyer, and the lawyer advised him to keep his mouth shut and get out of here, it seems. So he's doing as his lawyer says.

Never mind. I can't delete my post on tapatalk so I have to write something here. This thread is being overrun with rudeness...it's super annoying. I'll be thinking of Hannah's family tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how the Daily Mail found out his name before LE released it?

The Daily Fail, as it's know - without affection - is notoriously unscrupulous. It pays an army of freelancers to doorstep, bribe and dig dirt for unsavoury tit-bits and unsubstantiated gossip as a matter of routine. It got into tremendous trouble for its appalling treatment of a gentleman questioned following the brutal murder of Joanna Yeates a couple of Christmases ago. In Britain, the press cannot comment on cases when proceedings are 'active'. However, as their tarnishing of an innocent man's reputation proved, there is such a thing as going too far even before that stage. One imagines that, being outside local jurisdiction, it was perfectly legal for them to 'talk to' granny in this case. I was, frankly, surprised at their restraint but suspect that's more to do with being burnt in Bristol previously than any genuine sense of decency. I don't imagine, for one moment, that they were 'fed' the information by anyone of import. Merely that they felt, as a foreign paper, no great fear of reprisal when running an exclusive and - in turn - boosting the saleability of their online advertising which is all, to be honest, Paul Dacre seems concerned with.

He may not be able to afford an attorney. It's a pretty bad catch-22 since apparently he has to be charged before he can have one appointed (at tax-payer expense), and charging him may require that he talk to them and give them some reason to charge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae