VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she's seen all over town wandering everywhere and then she meets up with JM goes in a bar and isn't seen again..2+2 is still 4 as far as I'm concerned and if you know that's not the case TELL THE STORY AND HELP FIND HER!! No different for him than any other witness any little detail may help connect the dots..again it's about finding Hannah..period.

Random thought, but I was just watching the presser from earlier today and Chief Tim Longo is extremely impressive.

I have read an awful lot of excuses for why this 32 year old man is doing everything he can to avoid providing information about his interactions with a young girl that went missing on the night he befriended her. Now, he doesn't read the newspapers, doesn't see newspapers, doesn't turn on the radio, doesn't turn on the TV and is simply able to completely avoid all news in this technology crazy world where news comes through loud and clear through nearly every electronic device we own.

And don't forget all the people who know and recognize him as the man on the video, including the high five lady. They don't watch the news or read, either, so they couldn't be expected to tell him the police were looking for him.

For those who think JM is guilty, what do you think transpired after Hannah got in the car (assuming she did)? Did she go willingly? Did she think he was driving her home? Did they both plan to go to his apartment first? What do you think happened there? What is your theory?

I think she trusted him. They spoke outside, she said she was headed to a party. He said, come back in the bar with me while I have one drink or two, then I will drop you off over there, as I know where it is. So, they went in for quick drink. They left. She does not question which way he is going, because she has already stated she is lost. When she notices they have been riding for a while and asks where they are going, he elbows her to the face, knocks her out, and takes her phone. He then continues to drive to a rural area he knows well, about 20 minutes from town, where he rapes and murders her. The end.

I understand the feeling underneath this but actually he does not need to prove his innocence, that's not how our justice system works. Innocent until proven guilty.

Within a doubt. If they charge you then you have to prove you didn't do it. If not you go to jail..

This supposes he was aware that HG was missing and that there was a call for someone to come forward. It is possible he did not know.

Who knows what his past experiences have been? I once voluntarily took a lie detector test at the police department, told the absolute truth and was informed that I failed. Luckily, it was work related and not criminal. However, under NO circumstances would I ever consider taking a lie detector test again. Plenty of people think you must have something to hide if you won't agree to take a polygraph. I know better now. I respect LE, but I know what happens if they believe someone is guilty. I am not saying JM is or isn't guilty - I just want to keep an open mind.

My grandfather used to be one of the most respected polygraphs in the city we lived in. He told me never to take one lol.

I do have to agree with what someone posted a little before. It almost seems as though HG had to have gotten in the car with JM. She is all over this city on cameras. If she took off on her own, why are we not seeing her again? Even if she did go down a side street, you would think eventually some camera or someone would have to have seen her. Not looking too good for. JM, IMO

I may be mistaken, but I thought the stated that white guy followed her and he said a black male with a shaved head and goatee put his arm around her. They seemed to know one another. THEN...I could have sworn I heard that WG said they parted then JM was seen with her. In other words, white guy saw two black males. Closed shaven and then JM. Did anyone else hear it this way, or am I imagining this?????

No - the assumption is that LE publicized the BM had a shaved head to get dreads to put his guard down.

It is very confusing. Honestly, LE's statements and actions are my biggest frustration here. There is one article however that quotes that they talked to him at the apartment, but wanted to talk to him again. Dunno more than that.

My guess is: The police knocked on the door to his aptmt, told him about the car search warrant, then asked if he would talk to them about HG and also asked if he would voluntarily let them search his aptmt; JM said "no" to both requests and then left his aptmt. I think that was the extent of the discussion at his aptmt.

The potential reasons for him not coming forward have been discussed hundreds of times here. We obviously all have our own perspective on how we would behave in this situation.

Yes, and all hundreds of times, I very respectfully and most humbly disagree.

Life isn't black and white. I know plenty of people who do not keep up with the news. It isn't even uncommon.

I agree with your point; not everyone is dialed in. But, JM was active on Facebook, which is where I found out about this case almost immediately, and I live clear across the country.

{We must not have tunnel vision" the chief. What about the man who killed himself today when the police stopped him? Could he be part of the gang? Was anything in the trunk?

I do have to agree with what someone posted a little before. It almost seems as though HG had to have gotten in the car with JM. She is all over this city on cameras. If she took off on her own, why are we not seeing her again? Even if she did go down a side street, you would think eventually some camera or someone would have to have seen her. Not looking too good for. JM, IMO

Possibility: If she went down some side street with no camera's and someone else snatched her...it would make an innocent JM look very suspicious.

Random thought, but I was just watching the presser from earlier today and Chief Tim Longo is extremely impressive.

Agreed, and UVA really seem to be trying to do as much as possible. We have all read horror stories on here about other schools and colleges that almost deny any obligation or commitment to these situations. Kudos to both

There are many that have no clue about missing people or anything other than what was on the cover of the National Enquirer this week.

It is what it is.

But I am suddenly confused why LE didn't issue a Silver Alert. This would be on highway signs and text messages and reach more people.

I have seen instances where it was used for people other than vulnerable senior citizens.

She was supposedly intoxicated so IMO that makes her vulnerable.

I suppose it's too late now, sadly.

I agree with your point; not everyone is dialed in. But, JM was active on Facebook, which is where I found out about this case almost immediately, and I live clear across the country.

Yes, but that all depends on who and what you have on your Facebook. Do you have friends who are the type who share stories like that? Do you have missing persons pages who might share stories like that? My page is very informative, because those are the people and things I'm interested in. Now...my sisters newsfeed...that is whole different story.

For me, the Chief is taunting Matthew, so eventually he will get so angry, he will make a mistake, or get so angry and scared, that if other people are involved, he will tell the police everything he knows. The chief seems like he has a personal vendetta against Matthew. By now you would think someone who knows Matthew would come out and say, yeah, he is creepy, yeah, he is strange and I don't trust him. But so far to my knowledge, nobody has, people think he is a nice guy, etc.

Just my opinion... But...

those that have seen his (possible) creepy side are as creepy as he is...

there is no reason for them to talk to MSM about their common creepiness...

In fact... It may get them in trouble... Kwim?

All... JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member