VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. JM's previous arrest record - has anyone figured out if it was JM who was arrested for indecent exposure, or was that his father?

Check the birthdates. Looks like the trespassing and both DIPs are dads.

Maybe MLE would want answers if it were their relative..thats usually how it works. If its not their relative missing they wont mind letting a possible perp have every possible excuse and use the justice system for themselves and not the possible victim.

I am now wondering if someone who is involved in Hannah's disappearance has threatened to harm JM mother and grandmother if he talks. There is a far greater threat to JM than the police it seems. JM is in an untenable position. I hope if LE can talk to him, they can reassure him that his family will be safe.

Oh, no!

Mike Murillo of WTOP has spoken to Chief Longo this morning and has stated they don't know where Jesse Matthews is.
4m

Longo says "We've turned up some spots where we think he may have been. Those turned up with negative results." @WTOP #HannahGraham

I mentioned it earlier, but by using this "speeding" they can come up with a warrant and this will allow them to easily apprehend him without question. They are using this to their advantage, so that they can bring him in when they want and make the claim it was for his reckless driving. Not that he is a criminal at this point, but criminals are often brought in via simple traffic violations.They felt the need to have him on their radar and this was the way to go about it.

He had family members with him.

“Jesse Matthew showed up at the police station yesterday, walked right through the front door with a couple family members,” Longo said. “He got inside and asked for a lawyer. We found him one. He talked to a lawyer and … they walked out the door.

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...cle_865681c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html

Virginia State Police spokeswoman said in an email late Sunday that State Police officers were conducing "surveillance" of the vehicle at the time but did not pursue Matthew.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...m-charged-with-reckless-driving-leaving-.html

State and federal investigators followed the vehicle, but had to give up the pursuit because the vehicle was traveling too fast.

“State and federal authorities who were overtly monitoring his movement saw him get into a car and leave a location to Albemarle County at a high rate of speed, driving in a matter that was reckless and placed others in danger,” Chief Longo said.

Accordingly, Virginia State Police charged Matthew with two counts of reckless driving, a Class 1 misdemeanor, and an arrest warrant was issued.

Longo said he would not speculate on why Matthew sped off, but said investigators are “aggressively pursuing his location.”

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/21/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jesse-matthew-in-hannah-graham-mystery/

Does anyone remember where the scent dogs trailed Hannah's scent?? I want to see a map of that, in comparison to the known sightings. Also, before the videos were found, a woman DID come forward that saw Hannah in the downtown mall area, and police kinda brushed her off, thinking she wouldn't have gone in that direction. We know now she did, and I hope that lady is asked again. But from what I remember, she was sitting in her car (the witness was) and saw Hannah on foot, at an intersection near that mall area. And there was the talk about the water street garage??? Was that video, or dog trailing?? I know there was photos of that garage posted, and people said it's locked after 1am. It was also stated that LJ's car was parked in an open parking area.

"IF" only one door on his car opened ****We don't know that as fact**** then either Hannah would have entered the same door as LJ and crawled into the passenger seat, or the back seat. That's important to me. As I stated last night, long legs and a dashboards don't go together. I noted in the photo of LJ's car that the driver's seat was back as far as it could go, but the passenger seat was NOT....but, I don't know if that seat was moved or not. The car was two door only, correct?? So if Hannah was in the back seat, she would have had no way of escaping.

And some that searched after the meeting for searchers...they were told to look for certain items of Hannah's, her white shoes, her top, and her cell phone which had a pink cover. I don't recall her pants being mentioned. Could her pants or panties be what investigators found in the car??? I would think seeing any woman's panties in the car would raise an eyebrow or two..........if forensics is what they are waiting on, maybe that's an item they are trying to prove does belong to Hannah. :(

I am not asking this to be disrespectful of you but it is the obvious question:

MLE, you wouldn't want the last person to have been seen with Hannah, a well intoxicated 18 year old girl who has now gone missing and about whom her parents are worried sick and pray for her safe return, to be brought in - on outstanding warrants for reckless driving - so that LE can talk to him again?

He has already made it crystal clear that he will not be talking. So it is useless.

If they find hair strands in Matthew's car or apt. it doesn't mean a thing. He can claim that he picked them up when he put his arm around her when on the downtown mall.

It depends where they were found.

Is it possible LE is lying about losing him? Perhaps they are hoping he will lead them to HG.

BBM, near the end of yesterday's presser, a reporter asked LE if, with all of the video surveillance tape they have of Hannah & JM, did they have any of her leaving Tempo or of the vehicle. LE didn't address the vehicle but said they have of her and JM leaving Tempo together.

You may be agreeing with that (I couldn't tell when reading your post) and just stating that they have no video of them after that point and, on that, I agree with you.

I am pretty sure the sheriff (not Longo) said, in answer to a question, that they have video footage of the two of them together after leaving Tempos (not in the act of leaving Tempos).

No way, no how is Longo giving ALL the information to the public! No way! Something leads him to LJ and thus far nothing has lead him away from LJ. There are few homes that have cameras, but I'm not sure about that immediate area. There are game cameras for hunters, which might be valuable in this case. Especially is LJ is NOT a hunter, thus would have no idea where those cameras are, or who put them there. Sadly, there are national forest all around that area. I don't know the back roads there, heck I get lost in Charlottesville EASILY! But it's an area that locals could very well know the backroads, and the side streets to avoid traffic. I personally hate driving in heavy traffic, and it's heavy at UVA. Locals that drive there all the time would know which areas you can avoid, and still get where you need to be.

I'm about 2hrs from there. Even local parents are getting upset, and ready to pull students out and transfer them. Problem is, I'm afraid this type stuff happens at all big universities! My nephew is first year at a big uni in NC. The same weekend Hannah disappeared, a very intoxicated young lady came up to him, wanting him to ride the bus with her to get where she needed to be back at her dorm. He did as he doesn't drink. How easily that young lady could have gotten in a dangerous situation though! She didn't know him, didn't know he doesn't drink, etc. My nephew is an 18yr old with a much more mature brain! We've always said he has an 'old soul'. He feels guys only offer girls alcohol or drugs for ill intentions. He sees no value in alcohol or drugs at all. Says if a girl doesn't want him sober, he don't want her drunk. He has stopped dating girls because he thinks they reveal too much, and he said 'things should be left to the imagination'...yeah, not your typical 18yr old. He has had an eye opening experience thus far in uni.

Anyway, this whole LJ being on run deal. I don't know if he has left the Charlottesville area or not, but every time my dogs barked last night, I was spooked! While I can conceal and carry, I typically don't since I'm not out at night, or in seedy areas. But I'm rethinking that stance. We don't know who the predators are!!! It's not like hunting wild animals, and you know which will turn on you, and which high tail it when they see yoru movement!! No....could be the person standing next to you in a store, or sitting beside you in church. Scary!

I live about 2 hours from there and not in a seedy area so I hope you're not in my neighborhood. Please don't start carrying your gun around because of this. Statistics say that you are more likely to shoot me by mistake (or heaven forbid, start a new Trevor Martin scenario) than to have JM actually show up at your house. How come people who overestimate the chance of random crime...the people who get scared by what Fox news has to say, are the people who feel the need to carry a gun?

To make this relevant and not political, over-thinking this doesn't help. There's no conspiracy here, it's not sex-trafficking or an ISIS kidnapping (yeah, someone actually suggested this might be the case since her dad works near DC....he must be a spook!). Her scenario up to 1:20am happens thousands of times every weekend and almost all of them end with the kid waking up in their bed with a hang-over, laughing about how lost they were. The circumstances here are terribly unfortunate but pretty straight forward. Someone knows more than they are saying. That person is JM. He could be of help to LE but is choosing not to because of his rights. I guess every has the right to be a selfish a-hole.

I asked about that a while ago. And no one commented. THAT is odd. I wonder if she was at another residence, and something happened THERE to cause her to just run run run. Like maybe she was trying to lose someone on her trail. Question is, why wouldn't she run back to the party she was at previously, where people she knew were??? And she had her phone. Dunno, but that time gap is mighty curious. JMO

She was not just a little lost. She was way, way lost, and the thought is that she was on something, her mind was not working well. She was on the opposite side of where she lived from where she wanted to be--she was that far off. She is a UVA student who likely got an off campus apt for the first time this year, and didn't have her bearing straight. Went off to a party and went altogether the wrong direction with no idea where to go. Her path is all wrong. Her friends were busy socializing and doing whatever at the party so no telling if they even heard her call or text. Last text was at 1:20 AM from what LE has said (though not 100% that the time is exact, as texts can sometimes not go through right away) and all it said was that she was at the intersection of two streets, and that info apparently was not correct from what LE could get from cell phone data. Who she was with, on foot, or in a car when she made that text, has not been released. Don't know where LE think she was when she made the text--I believe they do have an idea where that was. The time is very close to when she left Tempo, I believe.

She did not ask for help or directions from what video footage shows. Likely she did not want to call campus security or police, or even approach someone of authority because they might call the police, and she seemed to be either drunk or on something and she is underage. If such authorities came to her, they would likely notice this, ask for id and she could be in trouble Have seen this around universities. She really should have found a high profile spot like a gas station , called everyone she knew till she got someone and asked if someone could come get her.

My son got an SOS call from a friend once in such a situation that was highly charged--girl was in terrible state of mind, angry at boyfriend who was sons friend. I called the police and her parents immediately rather than let him go charging out here. Parents were not extolling their daughter's virtues after that, but she was taken home safely with loved ones right thre. If a passing car had picked her up, with an evil person in it, the story could have had a different ending. Or if my son had gone there, taken her to her home or to a place she wanted to go, and then she disappeared, it could have been a complicated situation for her and him.

But Hannah Graham was totally lost on the whole wrong side of town from where she wanted to be. She was waaay off and could not run back anywhere because she didn't know where anything was from where she found herself. She was very lost.

They do not have video of HG and JM after Tempo

They have eyewitnesses who saw them leave Tempo

Police said they have video of JM car leaving the area but they can't tell if HG is in it, that seems to be why Longo has twice pleaded with the public that if they saw her in his car they should tell police

It makes me wonder also Cramoisy! I'd like to know if JM and HG had a drink at that last restaurant or if JM bought a six pack to go. If there is video of JM & HG drinking on the premises then it seems like LE could charge him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or something if he paid for the drinks. If a six pack was purchased to go then it makes me think they went elsewhere to drink.

BBM You can't purchase beer, wine or liquor to take off premisis in Virginia after midnight (legally)

Re. JM's previous arrest record - has anyone figured out if it was JM who was arrested for indecent exposure, or was that his father?

I think it was his father, but that could mean just relieving oneself in an inappropriate place........JMO

I asked about that a while ago. And no one commented. THAT is odd. I wonder if she was at another residence, and something happened THERE to cause her to just run run run. Like maybe she was trying to lose someone on her trail. Question is, why wouldn't she run back to the party she was at previously, where people she knew were??? And she had her phone. Dunno, but that time gap is mighty curious. JMO

I agree, and there could be some very valuable information from that time frame as to why she went to McGradys and than down to the Mall ending up at Tempos. I do not think she was lost. From all accounts she was a very smart resourceful young woman, with a phone. If she was worried I think she would have used that phone to relay that somehow.

There have been lot's of banter about how LE is handling this case. I think it's all strategy on Le's part and it is so interesting how each case like this that we hear about is handled by le with the media and public. In this case people are saying LE is revealing too much, putting too much out there. Its such a contrast to the Sarah Goode case handling by le. There was virtually a media blackout. There was complete silence from le, until an arrest was made. That was due to the fact that they knew from the beginning who was responsible. Once they found her body, and forensics, it was just a matter of days before they made an arrest. And ya know what? The person responsible was the last person she was with and he also fled to a different state a few days after the killing.
In my opinion, JM is bringing all this speculation on himself. He knows they want to speak to him, he goes to the police dept, talks to a lawyer and walks out without saying anything. All of his actions after leaving the police dept are bazaar to me. LE is not going to just give up on their quest to speak to him. If he would have just talked to them from the get go, he wouldn't be getting all of this attention and having so many people questioning why he just won't talk. And honestly, if he is innocent, that makes his silence horrendous to me. I can understand why a guilty person won't talk, or even an innocent person who might be afraid but a body was found already.....but I don't understand an innocent person, who was the last person known to see this girl, who is still missing....he can help find this girl. This girl is missing, could be still alive and suffering.....We see so many cases of these young girls disappearing and the outcomes.....every minute, hour, day that JM does not talk could possibly be costing this girl her life. I pray that they find her safe. The feelings of uncertainty, helplessness, frustration that her parents must be feeling must be unbearable.
This is all just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members