VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempos would have a record of the sale. We do not know if she had a drink or not. Or if it was an alcoholic beverage. JMO
they would have a record of A sale .Not necessarily a sale to whom, right? unless paid by credit card..very true as it's a restaurant so admittance isn't an issue.

I am not asking this to be disrespectful of you but it is the obvious question:

MLE, you wouldn't want the last person to have been seen with Hannah, a well intoxicated 18 year old girl who has now gone missing and about whom her parents are worried sick and pray for her safe return, to be brought in - on outstanding warrants for reckless driving - so that LE can talk to him again?

In the one in a million chance I actually see him here in Korea, I'm not going to drop the dime on him until the Charlottesville police present some point, the Charlottesville police look even less trustworthy.

Where was she in between #3 @11:50 to #4 McGradys @12:46. That is a full hour between being with friends and showing up on camera at McGradys. I guess it was most likely spent with someone or is there another party she went to but isnt on the timeline?. It did not take her one hour to walk to McGradys.

I asked about that a while ago. And no one commented. THAT is odd. I wonder if she was at another residence, and something happened THERE to cause her to just run run run. Like maybe she was trying to lose someone on her trail. Question is, why wouldn't she run back to the party she was at previously, where people she knew were??? And she had her phone. Dunno, but that time gap is mighty curious. JMO

Where was she in between #3 @11:50 to #4 McGradys @12:46. That is a full hour between being with friends and showing up on camera at McGradys. I guess it was most likely spent with someone or is there another party she went to but isnt on the timeline?. It did not take her one hour to walk to McGradys.

I think she was walking around lost that whole time from 11:50 onward. I think this is a good theory:

I think this is the general route that Hannah walked. I think Hannah was looking for a bar and was suppose to meet people there. I think this due to her behavior at McGrady's and that she was mainly walking on main roads, if she was looking for a house party she would be on the side streets

-She walks down Main St. then cuts over to Preston Ave

-She walks up Preston Ave. to McGrady's bar. On McGrady's surveillance video she first walks up to the patio/deck and looks to be staring through the railings to see if she see's anybody she recognizes then she walks around it to the entrance of the bar and it appears that she is denied entry by the bouncer. She then walks away from McGrady's and as she is walking away she turns around in the street for a few seconds and stares at McGrady's as if she is thinking to herself "that could be the bar" and then continues walking down Preston Ave. in the opposite direction she was originally walking

-She has walked the main roads in the area and hasn't found the bar so she probably figures they must be in the outdoor mall so she walks down Preston Ave. to the outdoor mall

Untitled4.jpg

They have also stated that they have video from elsewhere AFTER the Tempo visit of them together. That makes JM a liar. Is that not grounds to arrest him and question him further to straighten things out?

It just really frustrates me that so much time is being wasted like this :(

Realistically, Hannah was probably murdered the night she vanished. Time is wasted only in the sense that the longer it takes to find her body, the less chance there is of finding useful forensics. However, Morgan Harrington was found four months after she vanished, and useful DNA was found. I think it's now a waiting game ... waiting for the results of forensics, and then the manhunt for JM.

I don't believe that an innocent man would what JM is doing. I think there's more to the story than avoiding a discussion about Hannah.

Time is not being wasted. Time is being bought.

Police know Jesse Matthew didn't do it. They hope the real abductor will keep Hannah alive long enough for them to find her.

What makes you think that?

There is NOWHERE I see from any definite source that there is a video of JM and Hannah together after leaving Tempo. If there is , please give the cite. From what I have gathered from the facts given here, neither Hannah nor JM are on camera after leaving Tempo. LEare pretty sure he was in Tempo with Hannah because someone there, possibly a worker, bar tender IDed them, but Longo specifically said there is no video of them or of Hannah thereafter.

If footage of JM could be found immediately after the Temp encounter proving he went off on his own without Hannah immediately after the time he is pegged at Tempo with Hannah, he would be in pretty good shape, Don't think he is on any such film. Also, don't think his car is on any film because otherwise they could see who got into it and left. But they have mananged to locate the car near where Hannah was last seen.

Frankly, if he did go off, drive off alone, it's possible there is video footage that might clear him. That's another reason why I find that there is some credance, or at least good reason to be suspicious of JM. If he gets an attorney and tells said attorney what he did, where he went after parting ways with Hannah, it is possible that the attorney could get verification from videos or witnesses. If not, JM is going to be in more trouble.

I know traffic cameras snap still shots, as ive gotten red light ticket in the mail before lol, thats what they are there for, i am however not too sure if they record or not.. that is a good question, one which id like to know the answer to

In the Alexis Murphy case, which was near Charlottesville, it was revealed the cameras are basic. They knew in that case which direction Alexis and RAT's vehicles traveled at one stop light, but others were there weren't even hooked up to catch red light folks. Decoys more or less. With the history of missing people in the area, I would hope things have improved with the cameras, but I'm not going to say they have. Every time it's mentioned about areas needing more cameras, you have one group spouting it cost too much, another stating it's too much like 'big brother', and then the group that really feels it would help solve crimes and wants them up!

You also have individuals who do NOT trust any govt positional person. It's true. Like the voluntarily giving of DNA...my husband wouldn't. Nope. Not even to clear himself he wouldn't. We were talking about that last night, and this case. Sadly his actions might be lots like LJ, and yet he was no where near that uni, and has never been near there! He says I talk too much, and he's the extreme and wouldn't talk at all. I'm of the mindset that if I know I've done nothing wrong, then why not talk?? Why not tell what I saw or didn't see, etc. He is polar opposite, and would have to have proof they know something or why they suspect him. He wasn't this way a few years ago!!! It's the darn propaganda from some of those you tube sites, and certain public speakers that also happen to have radio shows that he listens to on lunch break, and during commute to work and home. Brain washing I call it....but anyway... it's not a race thing either.

I don't know LJ's experiences, thoughts, etc, as I don't know him. I'm mixed on my feelings on his actions. I don't know what evidence the police does have. I do know I don't have a lawyer I could call up on a moments notice though, and doubtful I have enough money to retain one. Especially if the lawyer thinks it's going to be a high profile case, no telling what the retainer fee would even be.

I want to believe that for the most part police are good guys, and want to help. They want us to abide by the laws and if you're caught speeding or whatever, if you know you were, pay the fine, and go on. I want to believe that if I have a problem and call them, they will come help me, not try to convict me. Yes I could be falsely accused of something. But in my experience with LE, if you are honest with them, and don't get an attitude, show them respect, etc., they are humans and will work with me. Maybe I'm naive.

But my point being, not everyone does think the same. For innocent reasons. YES most police officers want this case solved, and Hannah found and like found last week! They don't want to be looking for her body months from now. They also don't want another unsolved missing person case on their back. I'm sure some would love nothing more than to be able to apprehend someone that could be serial killer! Not only for their ego, but for the safety of the area!!! Lots of pressure on Longo and all the investigators right now.

JMO

They have also stated that they have video from elsewhere AFTER the Tempo visit of them together. That makes JM a liar. Is that not grounds to arrest him and question him further to straighten things out?

It just really frustrates me that so much time is being wasted like this :(
If that is true that makes him a liar as you stated but I don't think they said that otherwise they might be able to arrest him on obstruction/hindering an investigation.

Eh? It's nothing to do with race and everything to do with JM being the last person seen with Hannah. If he was white and refusing to talk to LE I have no doubts that Longo would be just as passionate and just as driven.

While we are all aware that JM is innocent until proven guilty we all know that doesn't mean he has nothing to do with Hannah's disappearance. He could very well be the reason LE can't find her. He could be completely innocent. But he's refusing to help LE and so the police are going to lean on him.

I agree. I don't see anything other than whomever was last seen with Hannah, is the one who holds the key. I hope this thread doesn't get closed because some (not you) refuse to listen to mods.

Actually I think she was walking around lost that whole time

Exactly. That's what we've been told, and that's exactly what she told her friends. She was lost, disoriented, heading one direction on Preston thinking that she was going in the opposite direction on Main. She didn't know where she was and was lost from 11:50, when she left the first party for the remainder of the evening. The text at 1:20AM, stating that she was at 14th and Wertland, was most likely sent when she was at Tempo ... perhaps she was led to believe that she was at that intersection based on information from JM.

Yeah, the reckless driving is the dumbest charge I've ever heard of. I've skipped probably 100 pages of this thread, so forgive me if it's been asked, but, did anyone actually witness said "high speed chase"?

He had family members with him.

“Jesse Matthew showed up at the police station yesterday, walked right through the front door with a couple family members,” Longo said. “He got inside and asked for a lawyer. We found him one. He talked to a lawyer and … they walked out the door.

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...cle_865681c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html

Virginia State Police spokeswoman said in an email late Sunday that State Police officers were conducing "surveillance" of the vehicle at the time but did not pursue Matthew.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...m-charged-with-reckless-driving-leaving-.html

State and federal investigators followed the vehicle, but had to give up the pursuit because the vehicle was traveling too fast.

“State and federal authorities who were overtly monitoring his movement saw him get into a car and leave a location to Albemarle County at a high rate of speed, driving in a matter that was reckless and placed others in danger,” Chief Longo said.

Accordingly, Virginia State Police charged Matthew with two counts of reckless driving, a Class 1 misdemeanor, and an arrest warrant was issued.

Longo said he would not speculate on why Matthew sped off, but said investigators are “aggressively pursuing his location.”

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/21/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jesse-matthew-in-hannah-graham-mystery/

Tempos would have a record of the sale. We do not know if she had a drink or not. Or if it was an alcoholic beverage. JMO

Good point. In the McGrady's video she is clearly drunk and that has not ever been disputed so far.

She walked/ran around from 11:50 - 1:20 am drunk and obviously had no purse on her and no water bottle. She must have been close to being dangerously dehydrated. Surely she would be thirsty and need some water or a soda by then. I hope he bought her a non alcoholic beverage. And I fear that if it was alcohol it might have contributed to her demise, i.e. alcohol poisoning/dehydration.

Graphic warning

In no way do I think JLM set out on the mall Friday evening with the intentions of kidnapping or murdering someone.

I would however consider that if she had died accidentally of her own doing in his presence, or anyone else's, that they might have freaked out and hid the body somewhere.

RE: An excellent article describing use of the term "Person of interest" and how it can devastate lives of innocents.

<BBM for Focus>

The lives of many innocents have been devastated by the taking of an unsuspecting innocent coed; Hannah Elizabeth Graham...
JLM has been identified as a person of interest in HG's disappearance for good reason, imo... He was the last person to see her alive... The last person to see a person missing under suspicious circumstances, and likely the victim of foul play is always a person of interest..

There has been discussion about POI in general and JLM specifically and people who've been targeted but later found to be innocent. That is the context in which I reposted that link.

bbm..We don't live in a perfect world where there is no injustice. Peoples rights have been violated in the past and sometimes there is an air of mistrust with government and law enforcement. An innocent person might say or do something that can be misconstrued either willfully or innocently. We are possibly seeing it in this case with the White Guy. Our rights have to be protected and that's why a lawyer,imo, should represent anyone involved directly in a criminal case.

That is what an attorney is for and he legally could have the attorney in the room with him at all times during the interview. I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't have a lawyer present. It seems even with talking with a lawyer he prefers to flee instead. Very guilty behavior imo.

It has seemed to me that most who have distrust of LE are the ones who have committed crimes and actually have been involved with the criminal justice system. I have no distrust of LE because personally I have no experience of ever having to deal with them. Of course I do read continuously and know there are bad cops just like there are bad apples in all professions. But if I was innocent and they wanted to talk with me I would have no qualms in doing so especially knowing the seriousness and urgency of a missing person case. I doubt I would even retain an attorney if I was just a witness in Hannah's case and nothing more.

It takes much more than misconstrued words to arrest someone. A Judge isn't going to sign an arrest warrant based on 'words' alone.

Something is up and that is why he is refusing to cooperate. Now that is his right of course but it is still very strange if he is nothing more than someone who saw Hannah..which is what he is trying to portray.

Imo, where there is smoke there is fire.

IMO

He had family members with him.

&#8220;Jesse Matthew showed up at the police station yesterday, walked right through the front door with a couple family members,&#8221; Longo said. &#8220;He got inside and asked for a lawyer. We found him one. He talked to a lawyer and &#8230; they walked out the door.

http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...cle_865681c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html

Virginia State Police spokeswoman said in an email late Sunday that State Police officers were conducing "surveillance" of the vehicle at the time but did not pursue Matthew.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...m-charged-with-reckless-driving-leaving-.html

State and federal investigators followed the vehicle, but had to give up the pursuit because the vehicle was traveling too fast.

&#8220;State and federal authorities who were overtly monitoring his movement saw him get into a car and leave a location to Albemarle County at a high rate of speed, driving in a matter that was reckless and placed others in danger,&#8221; Chief Longo said.

Accordingly, Virginia State Police charged Matthew with two counts of reckless driving, a Class 1 misdemeanor, and an arrest warrant was issued.

Longo said he would not speculate on why Matthew sped off, but said investigators are &#8220;aggressively pursuing his location.&#8221;

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/21/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jesse-matthew-in-hannah-graham-mystery/

So all we have is what police say, not any neutral eyewitness accounts?

Re. JM's previous arrest record - has anyone figured out if it was JM who was arrested for indecent exposure, or was that his father?

I would however consider that if she had died accidentally of her own doing in his presence, or anyone else's, that they might have freaked out and hid the body somewhere.

This honestly seems like the most plausible outcome at this point IMO.

Mike Murillo of WTOP has spoken to Chief Longo this morning and has stated they don't know where Jesse Matthews is.
4m

Longo says "We've turned up some spots where we think he may have been. Those turned up with negative results." @WTOP #HannahGraham

BBM, near the end of yesterday's presser, a reporter asked LE if, with all of the video surveillance tape they have of Hannah & JM, did they have any of her leaving Tempo or of the vehicle. LE didn't address the vehicle but said they have of her and JM leaving Tempo together.

You may be agreeing with that (I couldn't tell when reading your post) and just stating that they have no video of them after that point and, on that, I agree with you.

There is NOWHERE I see from any definite source that there is a video of JM and Hannah together after leaving Tempo. If there is , please give the cite. From what I have gathered from the facts given here, neither Hannah nor JM are on camera after leaving Tempo. LEare pretty sure he was in Tempo with Hannah because someone there, possibly a worker, bar tender IDed them, but Longo specifically said there is no video of them or of Hannah thereafter.

If footage of JM could be found immediately after the Temp encounter proving he went off on his own without Hannah immediately after the time he is pegged at Tempo with Hannah, he would be in pretty good shape, Don't think he is on any such film. Also, don't think his car is on any film because otherwise they could see who got into it and left. But they have mananged to locate the car near where Hannah was last seen.

Frankly, if he did go off, drive off alone, it's possible there is video footage that might clear him. That's another reason why I find that there is some credance, or at least good reason to be suspicious of JM. If he gets an attorney and tells said attorney what he did, where he went after parting ways with Hannah, it is possible that the attorney could get verification from videos or witnesses. If not, JM is going to be in more trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member