VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

He was charged. Charges were droppped. This happens alot when a bunch of guys (yes usually males) get into a fracas and someone snatches something of someone else. He is not a convicted felon. Whatever charges they had on him were dropped. Unles he had multiple charges of the sort, I would not put a lot of credance in this. Many AA males have such charges as the police tend to be very quick to charge them. Things are changing but slowly in this regard.

From the article:

The charges stem from an incident on June 4, 2009 where Matthew was accused of assaulting someone while attempting to steal a cell phone. Matthew was arrested on July 8, 2009. The charges were eventually dropped.

This makes me wonder if it wasnt the ex-girlfriend mentioned by JLMs grandmother.Maybe he showed up at her place, wanted the phone back because he paid for it and she called the cops.

Pure speculation at this point but it would definitely explain the charges being dropped if she had a change of heart and they smoothed things over afterwards. Happens all the time in domestic dispute cases..

Personally, if I were the police Id be very interested in speaking to her to see what kind of light she could shed on his character...or lack thereof.

I wonder if LE used gloves of the same type in their searches. If so the ones found yesterday will match up to LE gloves.

I agree. JM looks young to me now, the sketch seems to be of somebody older. The Facial hair is similar but that's it to me. Just my opinion.

I believe the 2005 sexual assault victim was attacked at night and from behind. This is what I recall, but I'm not sure I could find any news articles to confirm this.

sitting on hands :gaah: waiting for new thread, and one which will be a forum with subjects being split out as we are NOW finally over 1,000 again.

I cannot follow everything and trying to catch up and find myself skipping 100's of posts. And I missed poster, missed sooooooooooo much doing so.

Please please please please mods break this into a forum with sub-threads. :praying:

I think they should wait till Hannah is found. jmo

A picture of the original sketch of the MH suspect - made in 2005 by the Fairfax rape victim - is here
http://www.examiner.com/article/mor...e-gets-major-break-evidence-points-to-suspect

It's been a while, and I don't pretend to have been an expert follower, but did follow the MH case quite a bit. The Sketch was made based on the original NoVa victim's description, but if age-progressed, would have been what the Suspect looked like with MH. Not long ago. JM would have been younger. Anyway, like I said, imo, the two guys don't look alike. Any more than 2 same-height same-weight males of the same race would if you cut their facial hair the same way (which is not a common style). Identifying features are not the same.

As for my continued theory, I think something bad happened to HG after Tempo and JM was with her (maybe he'd been participatory- supplying more alcohol or maybe drugs) and he freaked out, and got rid of evidence, etc. I do think another or others are involved in some way.

Anyway, before people start jumping at me for stating something they don't like, this is all clearly just my opinion- seems strange we always need to state that obvious though!

Ok, I conducted the second phase of our high tech forensic experiment to see if the black gloves I have can appear purplish.

I went in the bathroom in the dark and shined the flashlight (with different settings, including strobe) on my disposable black gloves.

They still look black to me, lol.

Now, a red light or LED light might have different results.

(Johnny Cochran on OJ: "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!"----NOT)

First, thanks for the discussion of the gloves, it let me get through the pages faster. LOL And second, I don't know how you guys have time to find tweets and news articles, etc. and still keep up with the reading of these posts. These threads are going so fast, I have only caught up to the end twice now in a week.

Also wanted to say that HG's case was on our local news last night, in Los Angeles as well as on my home page this morning when I booted up. Longo is getting the word out far and wide. Now I read he's hit all the morning shows. Now I'll go read the 50 posts that were made while I made this one. LOL

I wonder if LE used gloves of the same type in their searches. If so the ones found yesterday will match up to LE gloves.

That is what I am thinking. I can't imagine that evidence would be visible, probably their gloves, (le).

I would be very surprised if he turns out to be the man responsible for all of the other disappearances/murders.
I think there are multiple offenders. Just a hunch.

Could the "mug shots" really be drivers' license and/or employee ID pictures? Can LE subpoena (or whatever the term is) employer IDs?

IDK if employers keep those records (pic./SS#) together, though?

But, yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a wanted poster with the SS# on it.

The poster states the mugshot/photo was taken on Friday. Unless he just happened to update his photo ID for his employer/DMV, I doubt it would be from them?

sitting on hands :gaah: waiting for new thread, and one which will be a forum with subjects being split out as we are NOW finally over 1,000 again.

I cannot follow everything and trying to catch up and find myself skipping 100's of posts. And I missed poster, missed sooooooooooo much doing so.

Please please please please mods break this into a forum with sub-threads. :praying:

It's been less than 11 hours and we are at 1,123 posts, and just too fast to follow and I've missed to much. Break out's please for topics mods! IMHO

I agree. I missed out, how do we know the POI is MIA? BTW, the guy standing by the taxi looked awfully old. I thought it was the POI's papa.

I never claimed anyone said that they were "sure" he wasn't guilty. I said people are saying "what if he isn't guilty?" I'm asking, and maybe I phrased it clumsily, what it is that makes them doubt his involvement? Because I don't know if he is guilty or innocent but I can see exactly why LE are after him. People have talked about him suing police if he's innocent. If he's guilty though they have played it right.

This is what you said "Everyone is saying "what if he isn't guilty?" Hang on one second, what if he is the person who disappeared Hannah? Why are people so sure this man didn't hurt Hannah? I don't know one way or the other but there are so many people shouting about this guy not being involved. Well he is involved, inasmuch as he's the last person seen with Hannah and he won't co-operate.

My response was asking you to back up your specific comments - where you see people "so sure this man didn't hurt Hannah" and "so many people shouting about this guy not being involved". Just point me to some of these "so many people" who are shouting that JM isn't involved.

Could he sue for the social security accident? Or "accident"?

Could a defense attorney use that as an example of incompetence?

I don't know what the privacy laws in Virginia are. Generally, public disclosure of an SSN is illegal. There may be some distinction in the law between accidental and intentional. I'm guessing LE may have bought themselves some grief on this one.

Also, we have to remember..this sketch was given buy a person who saw him while being assaulted. She did a darn good job, but when it comes down to details..don't pick at it too much (meaning..if the face shape is a little off, or if the hairline is off...)

Ok, I found some information on the Fairfax attack. The victim said his age at the time (in 2005) was between 25 and 35 years old.

So, 25+9 = 34 and 35+9=44 so he should now be between 34 and 44 years old which he is not... he would have had to be 23 at the time and with his baby face, I doubt she would have missed the description on the old side. JMO
I don't know I feel he looks older without his dreads. Even older than he does now. And not to mention, I don't think she really knew how old he was hence the big gap 25-35 years. Also I think it was mentioned that that photo was age progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop