VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CPD knows exactly where JLM is hiding out. He may already be under arrest. Who knew before Longo told us that JLM had come into the police station 18 hours before the press conference and then taken off?

Someone had asked on the last thread something to the effect of "what if the POI does turn himself in and, when questioned, admits to giving Hannah a ride, but dropping her off?" Then what...or what next, as some posters have queried. My thoughts: this gives LE something to work with. Where did you part ways with her? Did anyone see you do this? Was she extremely intoxicated? Did she go with or talk with another person--description? If there are surveillance cameras or witnesses in the place where Hannah was dropped off, they can follow up. Maybe fine tune the search area. Remembering C'ville is a college town so on weekends 1am or 2am is just as alive as the middle of the day in some ways! See? JM could help so much, even if he is innocent of any wrongdoing, he is the link, one way or the other, to what happened after she "fell off the radar", so to speak. And of course, if he is guilty, then LE can, hopefully, find forensic evidence (or when what has been collected already comes back, it can possibly provide evidence of a crime). To me, so much hinges on JM and his contact with her, whether innocent or guilty.

Praying Hannah is found soon, and for strength for her parents!

In the one in a million chance I actually see him here in Korea, I'm not going to drop the dime on him until the Charlottesville police present some compelling evidence instead of trumped-up charges on unrelated offenses. As bad as JM is looking at this point, the Charlottesville police look even less trustworthy.

Yeah, the reckless driving is the dumbest charge I've ever heard of. I've skipped probably 100 pages of this thread, so forgive me if it's been asked, but, did anyone actually witness said "high speed chase"?

My understanding is POI spent an hour at the police dept. He didn't just walk in, ask for an attorney, and walk out. Source: Saturday press conference

yes, he was there for an hour talking to a lawyer before leaving

any sign of him today?

Thinking about this, Longo didn't say JLM didn't talk to them. He said he didn't know any more about what happened to Hannah after JLM left than before he arrived. I don't believe either he or the detective said how JLM spent that hour.

Longo has stated that Matthews said him and HG has a couple of drinks then left Tempo and went their separate ways. I'm sure there is a link somewhere(I can't find it now).

Tempos would have a record of the sale. We do not know if she had a drink or not. Or if it was an alcoholic beverage. JMO

Longo has stated that Matthews said him and HG has a couple of drinks then left Tempo and went their separate ways. I'm sure there is a link somewhere(I can't find it now).

This information came from family, not police:

"Matthew’s grandmother, Christine Carr, told MailOnline on Saturday: ‘I have been talking with his mother.

‘He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car.

‘The girl went her way and he went his.’"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-admits-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-

Photobucket, where I normally store photos, is no longer working for me, so I'm uploading this map directly to the images folder here at Websleuths.

Where was she in between #3 @11:50 to #4 McGradys @12:46. That is a full hour between being with friends and showing up on camera at McGradys. I guess it was most likely spent with someone or is there another party she went to but isnt on the timeline?. It did not take her one hour to walk to McGradys.

I really don't think keeping silent is helping him. They will not arrest him solely on his interview. They have to have evidence to arrest someone. So if he knows he is innocent then he knows they will find no evidence of Hannah ever being in his vehicle.

Yet, her runs and isn't cooperative with LE.

I don't think he has to worry about providing a drink to an underage young woman. The bartender would have much more to worry about. He/she had to see Hannah drinking the drinks since JM said they sat there drinking them.

Of course he can legally clam up and not speak with police but he shouldn't be shocked that to most that shows he is trying to hide something.

Innocent people are more than willing to speak with LE because they have nothing to hide.

If they were going to charge him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor they would have already done so.

Imo, his race has nothing to do with this case. It is the fact that as of now he was the last to be seen with a missing person.

IMO

I think Longo shouldn't be as aggressive in interviews. Next press conference he should speak calmly and tell JM he has nothing to fear if he is innocent.

No way, no how is Longo giving ALL the information to the public! No way! Something leads him to LJ and thus far nothing has lead him away from LJ. There are few homes that have cameras, but I'm not sure about that immediate area. There are game cameras for hunters, which might be valuable in this case. Especially is LJ is NOT a hunter, thus would have no idea where those cameras are, or who put them there. Sadly, there are national forest all around that area. I don't know the back roads there, heck I get lost in Charlottesville EASILY! But it's an area that locals could very well know the backroads, and the side streets to avoid traffic. I personally hate driving in heavy traffic, and it's heavy at UVA. Locals that drive there all the time would know which areas you can avoid, and still get where you need to be.

I'm about 2hrs from there. Even local parents are getting upset, and ready to pull students out and transfer them. Problem is, I'm afraid this type stuff happens at all big universities! My nephew is first year at a big uni in NC. The same weekend Hannah disappeared, a very intoxicated young lady came up to him, wanting him to ride the bus with her to get where she needed to be back at her dorm. He did as he doesn't drink. How easily that young lady could have gotten in a dangerous situation though! She didn't know him, didn't know he doesn't drink, etc. My nephew is an 18yr old with a much more mature brain! We've always said he has an 'old soul'. He feels guys only offer girls alcohol or drugs for ill intentions. He sees no value in alcohol or drugs at all. Says if a girl doesn't want him sober, he don't want her drunk. He has stopped dating girls because he thinks they reveal too much, and he said 'things should be left to the imagination'...yeah, not your typical 18yr old. He has had an eye opening experience thus far in uni.

Anyway, this whole LJ being on run deal. I don't know if he has left the Charlottesville area or not, but every time my dogs barked last night, I was spooked! While I can conceal and carry, I typically don't since I'm not out at night, or in seedy areas. But I'm rethinking that stance. We don't know who the predators are!!! It's not like hunting wild animals, and you know which will turn on you, and which high tail it when they see yoru movement!! No....could be the person standing next to you in a store, or sitting beside you in church. Scary!

Here's a potential risk: If your nephew did as he did, and then left her off where there are no cameras,no one to see her past that point and he walked a ways without seeing anyone or getting caught on camera, and that young woman disappeared as Hannah and other young woment have, your nephew could be in trouble. Not arrested as there would not be enough evidence, but yes, they might take his car for forensics if he had one there, and want to question him to the inch of his life, and his parents would likely get him a lawyer who might tell him not to say anything. That he's at great risk. If girl is found dead and the only indentifiable DNA on her, maybe obtained by clutcing at you,your hair falling on her, from handling her when she stumbled, yes, there could be huge ramifications from that if the actual perp made a truly clean get away. Anyone in this situation of having a lone person lost, inebriated, needing help, should call in some person of authority so that the disconnection from the scene is clearly there.

I know personally of three young people who died from college drinkiing, substance abuse activities after they went off a lone. In two cases, they simply lay down on a sofa and died with commotion and partying all around them--not discovered as dead for a while thereafter. The third was a young man walking home alone from a party who might have lost consciouness, and died of alcohol poisoning and hypothermia. All great young people, smart, talented, much loved by parents, well liked, and yet they ended their lives that way.

Longo has given out no info on what JM told the police. Any info has been third hand from reporters, not Longo.

They have also stated that they have video from elsewhere AFTER the Tempo visit of them together. That makes JM a liar. Is that not grounds to arrest him and question him further to straighten things out?

It just really frustrates me that so much time is being wasted like this :(

Jesse Matthew doesn't strike me as a very sophisticated criminal type. If he had anything to do with Hannah's abduction/demise the evidence of that would be everywhere around him. Sounds to me like the police have nothing. Nothing in the car, nothing on his clothes, nothing in his apartment.

I also find it impossible to believe that Longo does not know the details of the reckless driving incident. Leads me to believe it never happened.

"The commonwealth does not believe there is significant probable cause at the moment" - Longo

Also, he doesn't really know the circumstances of the wreckless driving incident. Kind of odd.

"The commonwealth does not believe there is significant probable cause at the moment" - Longo

Also, he doesn't really know the circumstances of the wreckless driving incident. Kind of odd.

Which I don't believe for a second lol.

They're not wasting time…we just don't know what they're doing and we're not doing anything to help except wasting time.

Jesse Matthew doesn't strike me as a very sophisticated criminal type. If he had anything to do with Hannah's abduction/demise the evidence of that would be everywhere around him. Sounds to me like the police have nothing. Nothing in the car, nothing on his clothes, nothing in his apartment.

I also find it impossible to believe that Longo does not know the details of the reckless driving incident. Leads me to believe it never happened.

If this is actually what happened, then I feel really, REALLY bad for JM. I sincerely don't believe he's related to her disappearance.

If they find hair strands in Matthew's car or apt. it doesn't mean a thing. He can claim that he picked them up when he put his arm around her when on the downtown mall.

Time is not being wasted. Time is being bought.

Police know Jesse Matthew didn't do it. They hope the real abductor will keep Hannah alive long enough for them to find her.

They have also stated that they have video from elsewhere AFTER the Tempo visit of them together. That makes JM a liar. Is that not grounds to arrest him and question him further to straighten things out?

It just really frustrates me that so much time is being wasted like this :(

JM is really bringing all of this on himself by trying to elude speaking with LE.

What innocent person does that?

If he does have a lawyer then his lawyer can be right there when LE interviews him.

He is sure not acting like a person who has nothing to hide. Imo, he does have something to hide and that is why he is playing the cat and mouse game with LE.

IMO

I can think of one category of innocent person who might do that, purely out of fear, especially if he's not overly bright: a black man in the South being accused of having killed a white woman (or worse, a white teenage girl). I'm not saying I think he's innocent, because I really don't know what to think--and he is certainly doing everything in the wrong way--but seriously, if he didn't kill her, he must be terrified.

If he did kill her, throw the book at him.

After he gets a fair trial.

It seems as though JM is very scared. Not necessarily scared of the police, but of something far greater. The impression I got from the threads over the weekend was that JM had a lot of friends, was well liked, held a full time job, volunteered his time to coach. He attended Liberty University, a deeply Christian Evangelical based school that was founded by Jerry Falwell. The posters that knew him seemed to like him very much and thought he was a nice guy.

So where did things go off the rails? What did JM get himself into? What happened to Hannah after she left with him? I wish I had the power to appeal to the decent part of him. Sometimes the right thing is the hardest thing to do. Hannah's parents deserve an answer. JMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966