GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand your point. BL was taken into custody in Virginia so they have jurisdiction. I doubt the two ever crossed state lines. I'm happy they were found alive.
JMO

Virginia State Police said Isabel Hicks has been located safely and the AMBER Alert has been canceled.

The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office said Bruce Lynch Jr. was taken into custody after a vehicle pursuit in Caroline County.

Isabel Hicks located safely; AMBER Alert canceled

Last edited:
:D So glad I stayed up after work tonight even though I really just wanted to curl up under the covers.

If needed (but hopefully not), please alert so we can change name to initials. It will be a large undertaking but we will.

(not really important now but I am curious to learn where the car they were found in came from)

She’s been found?!? I’ve been off line. Wow! She’s okay?

From the article
CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. — Isabel Hicks, the 14-year-old Louisa County girl who was the subject of an AMBER Alert, and her alleged abductor Bruce Lynch were found Wednesday night, Crime Insider sources told Jon Burkett.

The pair was stopped in a vehicle in Caroline County, Burkett reported.

Neither the teenage girl, nor the 33-year-old man were injured during the traffic stop.

I really wish we had a heart button!!

She’s been found?!? I’ve been off line. Wow! She’s okay?

Yes, at least relatively ok. I was offline too while at work and signed back on for a “quick minute” just to check on things and here I am this many hours later and still overjoyed about this outcome.

(Don’t know if you’ve read through it all yet, but his mother was actually who turned him in so to speak. So heartbreaking, yet so heroic).

(Don’t know if you’ve read through it all yet, but his mother was actually who turned him in so to speak. So heartbreaking, yet so heroic).
I missed this- when/in what capacity did she turn him in? TIA!
What incredible news- i was getting so scared for her especially as everything started to feel so desperate and the weather being so bad... so happy for her family and interested in how this all actually unfolded.
WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! :D

ETA: wow it was his own mother?!? I wonder why she didn’t let them in and call from there.. but either way, wow what a hard call to make indeed! Definitely a heroic act!

Last edited:
I missed this- when/in what capacity did she turn him in? TIA!
What incredible news- i was getting so scared for her especially as everything started to feel so desperate and the weather being so bad... so happy for her family and interested in how this all actually unfolded.
WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! :D

The door they had knocked on was his mother’s and she was who told them they were wanted before they ran off again
The pair was spotted together late Monday night when they approached Lynch's mom's home in Montpelier and knocked on the door.
AMBER Alert Update: Isabel Hicks, 14, is safe; alleged abductor in custody

Last edited:
Funny how some want to argue an opinion. LE said early on they thought the teen went willingly. Their concern was that BL was reported to be suicidal, was in possession of a gun and could harm himself and the teen. An absolutely valid concern and I applaud LE for pulling out all the stops to find them both. If BL abducted the teen against her will, I'm confident he will be prosecuted.

Clearly, BL has mental health issues that need to be addressed. I think it is a given that the teen will receive support.

JMO

Well, the focus on this fully grown adult predator getting the “help he needs” and not his young child victim is somewhat striking to many of us, I would venture to guess.

As far as this girl going willingly, and yes I am making an assumption about the purpose for the abduction of this one child, here is what ET had to say at the sentencing of her predator, after she went “willingly” (I think it’s an important read for anyone who might be confused as to who the victim is in a case like this):

"When I started school, you picked me out of the crowd. I was just a kid who wanted to make friends, but you were someone who had a plan. You saw a broken girl who was lonely, scared, and traumatized. You made her feel safe and loved because you saw what she needed and made her believe you would be her 'protector.'"

"You act like you care now and that you’re full of all this regret, but where was any of that before? Where was any of that when you first had me alone in your classroom closet and violated me over and over again for months? Where was any of that when you spent untold amounts of time and effort into manipulating, pressuring and deceiving me into thinking that you were the only person that cared about me?"

"All you were was a man who wanted sex, and you manipulated me and used me just for that," she said at the end. "But the truth is, no matter how much time you have to serve, you will never be able to undo what you did to me. I will have to live with the scars you left on me forever."
Teacher who fled with teen student and forced her to have sex with him every day jailed

Going willingly with being 14 speaks volumes to me. He had been grooming her. We have seen many cases like this. I don't know if this is one of them but my gut tells me so. IMO

Of course. She was coerced and deceived.

Poor kid. I hope she can heal fast. The predator is going to be serving up to 10 years in prison for taking her. Hopefully that will help her.

Yes, at least relatively ok. I was offline too while at work and signed back on for a “quick minute” just to check on things and here I am this many hours later and still overjoyed about this outcome.

I got the sense that some believe family was helping him or had made contact with him in some way. It looks like that was true except she certainly didn’t help him.

I’m so glad she did the right thing for this child. I can’t really imagine what she’s going through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back