VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

The Hicksville sexual assault claim - content warning

Amber Heard's lawyer, Ben Rottenborn, is now showing the court a picture of the actress's arm with a bruise.

He says Depp's team are "trying to deceive" the jury by suggesting pictures of Heard with bruises or injuries are fake.

Mr Rottenborn moves on to the "Hicksville" incident in 2013, which took place when the then couple were staying at a trailer park. Heard says Depp was jealous of a women there who had touched the actress.

Mr Rottenborn says Depp "trashed the trailer" and took Heard into a bathroom and did what he called a "cavity search" and sexually assaulted her.

An alert has gone off in court but Judge Penney Azcarate says she thinks it is okay to carry on.

Mr Rottenborn continues, moving on to a text in which Depp called Heard a "lesbian camp counsellor" after she comforted the actor's daughter LR when she was allegedly frightened by her father's behaviour on a yacht in the Bahamas in 2013.

He describes this as "sickening", saying Depp was "ridiculing" Heard for "trying to protect his daughter".

doubling down on the SA with a makers mark bottle. Disgusting that these officers of the court could or would parrot this nonsense when they know damn well it is not true. Their client only recently "recalled" this traumatic incident. Shut up already. It's sad at this point.

And she could have had Whitney or Rocky or IO send the video as well.
Either way, I thought Morgan Tremaine was very clear that in order for a video to be uploaded to TMZ they had to have verified the holder of the copyright?

How the holder of the copyright is not AH, would be impossible. She and JD were clearly the only two people there... if some random uploader didn't get it direct from her, then who?

AH was born in 1986. If it was a common rumor in the 1990s, like she testified to, that JD had pushed Kate Moss down the stairs, it was a rumor she absorbed between the ages of 4 and 14. Aaaarrrgggghh I hope the jury thinks critically.
They went to Jamaica in 1995. I really doubt that rumor persisted until Amber was old enough to understand what it was about. And if she did know it, then she'd know it when she met him. She could have asked him about it or run for the hills because "Katie Moss....Stairs...I'm out of here..."

Last edited:
Either way, I thought Morgan Tremaine was very clear that in order for a video to be uploaded to TMZ they had to have verified the holder of the copyright?

How the holder of the copyright is not AH, would be impossible. She and JD were clearly the only two people there... if some random uploader didn't get it direct from her, then who?
Right, but if her sister sent it to them from Amber's email, could she give them copyright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member