VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it came from/over the tip line, though, didn't he? Which to me indicates an attempt to anonymize.
I don't think that it was anonymous because how could they figure out who the copyright owner was in 15 minutes, put the bumpers on and get it posted? It was an email but it could have had her information in itIDK

Sky News

The Boston plane incident and 'straight-up taunting'

Amber Heard's lawyer Ben Rottenborn moves to September 2013 in London, saying Depp went on a "multi-day drug binge" and missed work filming.

During this time, he says that Depp warned Heard their engagement would be off if she went to a concert with a friend. "Talk about a coercive control," he says.

Fast-forwarding to the "Boston plane incident" in 2014, Mr Rottenborn reminds the jury of testimony that Depp was jealous that Heard was filming a movie with James F.

Heard says Depp was drunk and taking drugs before they got on the private flight.

On the plane, Depp "straight-up started taunting her", Mr Rottenborn says, calling her a "s***". He threw ice cubes at her and slapped her face, the court hears.

Audio of Depp on the plane is then played to the court once again, featuring the actor groaning.

Mr Rottenborn says Depp has "blackouts where he doesn't remember what happened" and asks the jury if they believe Heard's account or "that person's account, who you just heard".

However, he then reminds the jury of a text Depp sent not long after the flight detailing all the drink and drugs he had taken and saying "I'm done" and "I'm too old to be that guy".

And then another text to Heard: "Once again, I find myself in a place of shame and regret. Of course, I am sorry. I really don't know why, or what happened. But I will never do it again."

Mr Rottenborn asks jurors if Depp can really prove that he was never once abusive.

Sky News

'We all know what happened in Australia'

Ben Rottenborn, Amber Heard's lawyer, now takes the jury back to Johnny Depp's infamous trip to Australia in 2015, shortly after their wedding.

Depp travelled there first while filming Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, with Heard joining him later on.

"He's hanging out with Marilyn M, he's getting drugs from his assistants who are enablers," Mr Rottenborn says, pointing to text conversations sent before Heard's arrival. "They're getting him drugs for days and days."

Heard's lawyer says she had no idea of the "hornet's nest she was walking into" when she arrived in Australia.

"We all know what happened in Australia," Mr Rottenborn says. This row has been one of the most discussed of the trial - and involved Depp severing his finger. Heard has called it a "three-day hostage situation".

Mr Rottenborn says following a row about a post-nuptial agreement, Depp slammed Heard against a wall.

He says he does not intend to go through everything that happened. "You remember her saying that he had her by the neck... seeing the pictures of that broken table. You remember her saying that at some point he had a broken bottle up against her face and he told her he'd carve up her face."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member