VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume she's attempting to impress the jury, with her hairstyles, make-up, power suits, so on and so forth.
Because the evidence her legal team had to work with, (hopefully) wasn't enough, and she knows it.
It's all a performance for her. She is her best when she is manipulating, it's how she gets what she wants imo.

Sky News

Closing arguments for Johnny Depp begin

Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez is first addressing the jury, reminding them that it was exactly six years ago today - 27 May 2016 - that Amber Heard filed for her restraining order against the actor.

"And In doing so ruined his life by falsely telling the world she was a survivor of domestic abuse at the hands of Mr Depp.

"We ask you to give Mr Depp his life back by telling the world that Mr Depp is not the abuser Ms Heard said he is, and hold Ms Heard accountable for her lies.

"What is at stake in this trial is a man's good name, even more than that, what is at stake in this trial is a man's life. The life that he lost when he was accused of a heinous crime, and the life he could live when he is finally vindicated."

Ms Vasquez said when Heard filed for her restraining order, she tipped of paparazzi and photos captured "what she wanted them to see - the image of a battered woman".

But the dark mark on her face appeared "six days after last seeing Mr Depp - it was a lie".

If I’m understanding the judge correctly, it seems Amber made a huge mistake confirming the op ed was about Johnny yesterday.
what I heard in instructions is jury can also consider "implication" rather than precise naming of abuser....her comment yesterday will leave no question....no implication even needed now...I imagine her team were dying inside when she said that. Putting her up again...big big mistake.

Sky News

'There is an abuser in this courtroom, but it is not Mr Depp'

Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says that while Amber Heard's first-person piece did not mention the actor's name, it was clearly referring to him.

She tells jurors that behind the scenes of Depp and Heard's relationship, things were very different.

"There is an abuser in this courtroom, but it is not Mr Depp. And there is a victim of domestic abuse in this courtroom, but it is not Ms Heard," she says.

"The evidence... has shown that Ms Heard is in fact the abuser, and Mr Depp the abused."

She says Depp suffered "persistent verbal, physical and emotional abuse" during their time together.

When their relationship was over she inflicted the "greatest and cruellest injury of all" by publicly and "falsely" naming him as an abuser, Ms Vasquez says.

Heard never thought she would be held accountable, the lawyer tells the court, or have to face Depp here today.

She describes Heard as a "deeply troubled person" who is "desperate for attention and approval".

While witnesses have said the actress can be "pleasant, even charming", she can also be "incredibly aggressive, violent and cruel", Ms Vasquez says.

Last edited:
I feel hearing this reflection of who she is and how others actually see her could be a trigger to real tears. A look in the mirror is tough.
You'd think that, but she is a sociopath incapable of introspection. She can't find anything inside to draw upon to even fake cry. It's amazing how empty she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24