VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

We wanted to send a message: 'Look at what you've done to her'

Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft says the statements made by Johnny Depp's attorney Adam Waldman - which are the reason Heard is countersuing Depp - "took on a life of its own".

Ms Bredehoft says they have "followed her everywhere" and that Heard has lost several work opportunities.

Aquaman was Heard's "opportunity" her "blockbuster", Ms Bredehoft says, but as it was coming out, "everything shut down".

Heard's lawyer reminds the jury of previous testimony by an expert who predicted the actress's career trajectory, saying she could have earned up to $50m in the following years "instead of her star being completely extinguished".

Ms Bredehoft says the jury also needs to consider "emotional distress damages" and says these are "even more extreme".

"Every time she is called a liar... it causes her to relive all of it," Ms Bredehoft says.

She says this has "destroyed" Heard's life and "consumed her".

Speaking about trolling of the actress, the lawyer says: "She's getting death threats. They're threatening to put her daughter in a microwave for God's sakes. She can't get away from this...

"No human being should be put through this."

Ms Bredehoft tells the jury that when Depp sued for $50m, they wanted to "send a message back" to sue for $100m "because look at what you've done to her".

She tells the jury they are not necessarily being asked to award $100m but wants them to be "fair and reasonable".

You never really know what people think. Jury's have surprised us before so I'm not very confident that the jury here will vote team JD. For me it's clear who the criminal is, but I have done research etc, something the jury was not allowed to do. MOO
Pinellas County jury in Casey Anthony trial comes to mind. Not to mention OJ Simpson trial.

I can’t tell if Elaine is faux or real crying..
Red eyes , down turned mouth.
I would be like all visualizing my vaca away from Amber crazy town.
Yippee almost outta here!

Yup crying for the loss of her dignity and for the fact that she's probably very clear this case is all but lost and that AH will turn on her in the end.

Will AH have the resources to appeal an outcome if it isn't in her favour?

Same here. I thought Casey Anthony's was a slam dunk.
I will never forget the lame excuse that jury presented for their decision to acquit. "We didn't know who was supposed to be watching Caylee." After all of the evidence that was presented, this is what they came up with? :mad:

Wow, are they really saying Depp NEVER took personal responsibility or accountability for anything? And he won't leave Amber alone?

wow. That is pot kettle black...

I don't think it is though.

While I have no argument whatsoever against Heard's refusal to 'mea culpa' - and it is to her real detriment in credibility terms and is doing her absolutely no favours - Depp is extremely practiced at presenting himself in a light that, on the surface, looks like honesty and humility, but is, when examined in the cold light of objectivity, Depp admitting only to things that he knows will generate sympathy and empathy. He knows his audience. JMO.

I really feel for the Jury that's tasked with having to make sense of such toxic, chaotic senselessness on both their parts.

I hope it/they collectively send both of them on their way with a sharp, stinging dose of 'home truths' reality, and zero damages, and that it's an epiphany moment for both so they take stock and just... stop.

Last edited:
I recall him saying it came to a general tip email that is then received simultaneously by himself and producers among others. 15 minutes later it was aired with sound effects and a watermark.

I don't want to miss EB trying to spin Amber as teh victim this one last time during cross or I would try to find a link to that specific testimony

Yep, I believe he explained there are various methods in how a tip can be processed.

If the story has been referred to the team from 'management' then it has already been agreed as from a trusted source and ready to go straight online.

The AH / JD clip came from 'management' and was therefore ready to go and was uploaded within 15 mins of receipt after having something added (I want to say 'buffers and bumpers'?) at the beginning and end.

What would be most indicative of who shared the footage would be how long it was from the incident itself.

There's no live updates about jury observations as they're having to tweet them when there are breaks as they're not allowed to tweet live from the courtroom.
Yes, I know they can't tweet in court. I was wondering if they were there at all.

I hope that Camille on rebuttal mentions that the jury should look at the Molly take what I want texts and the fact that they are listed as INCOMING. meaning JD didn't lie. He didn't send that text. He received it.

EB and BR sure said “ it doesn’t matter” about a lot of things.
BR actually said “ it doesn’t matter how JD’s finger was cut, AH could have cut it off with an axe … “
Sorry I don’t remember how he finished that sentence.
Lot of don’t look at this… look over here.

JMO
But Ellaine it DOES matter how his finger was cut off.

I will never forget the lame excuse that jury presented for their decision to acquit. "We didn't know who was supposed to be watching Caylee." After all of the evidence that was presented, this is what they came up with? :mad:
That case was beyond frustrating … like you, I thought it was a slam dunk. Talk about wanting to wash that smirk off someone’s face! :mad:

She has no polish or finesse! I would not have been comfortable with the way she puts herself together, nor her mannerisms. Choppy and sloppy.

Maybe her heart's not in it?

I wonder how legal representatives behave either consciously or unconsciously when they become aware that their client is a slippery liar? Do they just belt up and go thru the motions in a performative manner?

Same here. I thought Casey Anthony's was a slam dunk.

I didn't follow it but wasn't the kicker there that a juror said they all thought she was guilty but there was something about the law that meant they couldn't return that verdict?.
Please forgive me if I've got that totally backwards because I'm just pulling a memory from something I think I've read before, so MOO and hopefully someone who actually knows the case will be able to tell me :)

ETA @BetteDavisEyes has already covered it down thread a bit. Thankyou

I need to understand this "one incident of physical, emotional or verbal abuse" to find JD guilty.

So if one reacts by yelling back, or telling AH that she's awful, that counts as DV?

It's called 'reactive abuse' - when someone has been provoked and pushed to the edge and then finally 'goes off'. Reactive abuse as far as I know is not generally considered to be the same thing as being a perpetrator / abuser but I suppose it could be, depending on context and how far it went. Otherwise it could be considered a form of self defence?

I just read something someone said on twitter - but I don't think I'm allowed to post it, so I looked it up and it's true!

Apparently, ''In February 2020, Depp changed his legal team from Brown Rudnick LLP to Schillings LLP, after his previous lawyers accidentally leaked 70,000 of his text messages to NGN's legal team.''

So out of all those texts/audios that were leaked, this is all AH's team got?? Out of all the texts/audios incoming and outgoing JD never says anything damming? It's actually hilarious that AH's team couldn't even find more terrible texts/audio. Because they don't exist. They sure like to go on about what a foul mouth JD has.

Here is just one article about this.
Johnny Depp ordered to disclose audio recordings before libel trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads