DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Heard Net Worth
I bet the legal fees are in the millions. According to this and some other sites her net worth is 2 1/2 million. If she loses this case she may very well have to file bankruptcy. So her team may not get paid along with her pledges. jmo.
Found this on their legal fees.
the Depp team is all from CA, so they are all racking up hotel, food and travel expenses as well. FWIW.

Here are the jury instructions. I believe these are the ones the judge read Friday.

On page 14, Defamation by implication says that they must consider the op-ed as a whole, including the way it was constructed.

This is the testimony for how it was constructed:

From this, I gather that her lawyers tried to make sure the NDA was not violated, but they did not look out for defamation, probably because they believed Amber was telling the truth. They tried to keep inferences to whom they were talking about out of it, but obviously, they are talking about JD. Who else could she possibly mean? USA Today drew the conclusion immediately after its publication. But that's okay because it might break NDA, but it is defamatory?

The term "Sexual violence" is mentioned 4 times. 3 in the body and once in the title. #metoo, the sexual violence hashtag and movement, is referenced. Donald Trump's sexual assault is also brought up. So if people infer that the article is about JD, then aren't they inferring that the domestic violence Amber spoke out against is Sexual violence?

In order for Amber to then be telling the truth, she had to speak out against JD's sexual violence against her 2 years ago. She did not do that. So case closed, but I hope the jury sees this and gets it right.

I tend to think it is defamatory. He has proof that within days he was canceled. But I just don’t know how it can be determined that she did it purposely. Polygraph? Doesn’t do anything as far as court goes though.

Wouldn’t there have to be a formal report along with hospital documentation for her to claim SA? Otherwise any and everyone can be accused. In that case what would prevent him from hitting back with she is the one who was sexually violent??

Does anyone else think that AH's male attorney moved to sit by her this week because so many people have talked about the rapport between JD and his attorneys? It seemed forced and fake just like everything else this team has been about. Sorry. JMVHHO

My little timeline again with a few changes.

May 20 2016
JD's mother passes away
JD tells AH he plans to file for divorce

May 21 2016
JD goes to penthouse he shares with AH to discuss divorce and he plans to gather belongings
(his crew posted outside door)
JD & AH quarrel about the birthday "grumpy"
Murphy is called and whatever he says makes AH angry
T-W is called and remains on phone
RP somehow appears in penthouse (unseen by JD's crew outside PH door)
AH alleges JD hit her with phone
JD says he tossed phone onto couch
RP alleges she is protecting AH
JD (with crew) leaves
T-W calls 911, RP calls 911
Two sets of officers arrive and do not see evidence of DV (none shown on body cam from one set of officers)
Isaac Baruch sees/communicates with AH and/or pals during this time and he sees no marks (redness nor bruising) on AH's face

May 22 2016
AH has locks changed
Franco spends evening with AH

May 23 2016
AH files for divorce

May 24 2016
AH atty's send JD "blackmail" letter (give me penthouses, vehicle, etc and I won't mention violence)
JD will not agree to be blackmailed
AH confronts Housekeeper(Vargas) at Sweetzer address about birthday "grumpy", Vargas saw no marks on AH's face

May 26/27 2016
JD leaves for NY and on to Europe with Hollywood Vampires tour
TMZ is notified of plans to file TRO and note a bruise/mark on AH's face

May 27 2016
AH files for TRO
Approx 3 wks later - AH complains to JD that she only has 21 days to be out of penthouse - JD tells her to take 2-3+ months to move

May 28 2016
AH is photographed by TMZ - AH has NO visible bruise/marks on her face

July 2016
AH begs JD to meet (breaking TRO) and when they do, AH shouts at him, "tell people you're the victim... see who they believe, etc"

August 6 2016
AH is scheduled to be deposed regarding her abuse claims against Depp. She arrived late and was uncooperative.
August 9 2016
Depp’s attorneys file a motion seeking to dismiss Heard’s request to extend the restraining order. Heard is ordered to appear for deposition on August 12.
August 12 2016
Heard’s attorneys seek a one-day postponement of her deposition AND TMZ receives a video (taken in February by AH) leaked by owner (AH) of JD slamming cabinet doors **

The same day, TMZ posts a video it says is from May 21 that shows Depp throwing a wine bottle and glass while talking to Heard.

I did not realize on July 2016
AH begs JD to meet (breaking TRO) and when they do, AH shouts at him, "tell people you're the victim... see who they believe....

I can't remember what thread it was mentioned in last week, that AH didn't turn in/over her devices? How does she get away with that? Did she say she used a burner phone and doesn't remember the phone number? Do companies/data providers of burner phones keep track of text messages? Do you know if her emails were turned over?

How can a case go to trial if one party is hiding major evidence? It is so unfair. I don't understand how she keeps getting away with things. Couldn't they have subpoenaed IO Tillman, RP and her sister's phone records to see if they were a conspiracy on certain dates in the penthouse? Why wasn't this told to the jury that she refused to turn over her devices? So many questions. TIA
Well, as we know from many a past testimony in other cases, it’s nigh onto impossible to get Apple to release anything from its subscribers due to privacy concerns and she’s apparently always had iPhones, so…

i saw people saying that we will probably encounter a flurry of post-verdict motions etc. about things that couldn’t be brought up in the trial; and I would imagine Judge Penny will include sanctions for her and possibly also Elaine et. al. on the topic of discovery; so that could also allow for rumors about EB’s visual displeasure/tears behind the scenes.
Imo, he was dealing with a mere child. Men and their hormones, or whatever they are. Ugh. imo.
this is never more apparent than it was after I forced myself through the four hour, twenty minute argument between the two of them (you owe me a margarita for sticking with it, @ZoriahNZ , lol), which he recorded… I kept flashing back to arguments I had with friends and boyfriends in college, before I got a prescription for anxiety.

Any time he suggests a new coping mechanism to her - and he went through at least five iterations - she’s all ‘yeah, yeah, absolutely, hmmm, that sounds good, you’re right…’

only to turn around and jump right back into his chili 5 minutes later, every time, because SHE’s in fact still and really unsatisfied with the coping mechanism he suggests; and won’t accept anything less than ‘Until Death’ from him.

I mean, I get why she’s saying it because one can also clearly hear that, reading between the lines, he’s so over this and would leave her just as easily as he would stay with her if she continues to abuse him with solid objects but damn, TAKE A HINT, LADY.

She‘s so clearly and obviously aware that she’s the supplicant and that she needs him much more than he needs her… all the while simultaneously telling him it’s he who is lucky to be with her …She’s flat out exhausting.
Absolutely sickening. What a fraud.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial discussion thread. Elon Musk and his opinion, and the opinions of other random people/celebrities are off topic.

Also, leave the minor child out of this discussion unless there is relevant court testimony.

From what I saw during the trial, AH had a self perceived expertise in many areas of life. At the age of 26.....and with limited scholastic enhancements. ( Makeup classes?)

She was an 'expert' in all things about addiction.
She was an 'expert' in all things about relationships.
She was an 'expert' in all things about Hollywood and careers.
There is a "HUGE" difference between 'hit' and 'punch', and by God you better know it.

And above all else.....NEVER walk away from her when she is trying to make her point.

What absolute hell to live with

She was an 'expert' in all things about synonyms.
She was an 'expert' about woodwork and who comes out of it.
She was an 'expert' about different flooring and their aesthetics.

The real puzzle is why any organizations, businesses, etc would continue to support AH... particularly the ACLU!

We can all choose to believe (or disbelieve) a human being (man or woman) but to DEMAND we all wear blinders while doing so is an insult to human beings. Much akin to proselytizing.

jmo

I suspect things will change when the verdict is issued and the mainstream media start running some stories.

However, I follow a wide variety of social media of various feminist commentators and mental health professionals and am shocked at what I'm reading. Many many people (highly educated women) believe that AH is a victim of some horrific misogynist crime and a 'set up' and that women's rights and DV / IPV / SA / hate crime issues are now going back in time to being belittled and swept under the carpet. They are saying the trial was rigged and it's all being driven by 'powerful forces'. When I try to point out that it seems JD was the victim here, they shoot me down in flames.

I was thinking about the kitchen cabinet video again last night, and found it unimaginable that if somebody were being abused that they could stand there and be taping their partner violently smashing Cabinets around them! It just doesn’t make sense, because you would think that she would be so scared once he was in that mood that she would want to run, not stand there and film!

Unless she was already well aware that JD would never lay a finger on her even if / when he was in the habit of slamming around cabinets and writing on lampshades.

When AH kept saying "I wanted him to leave me alone, blah blah blah.....", anyone know/have any guesses as to why Johnny's team couldn't bring up that she violated the TRO and that she made other attempts to contact him too?

I was wondering this too but I concluded that highlighting this incident could possibly be a bad idea as JD should have responded differently when she broke the TRO and visited him asking him if he still loved her and asking him to hug her or whatever it was. In an ideal world, he should have refused to speak with her, called security, and reported it to the police.

I believe she could have been setting him up there too.

I tend to think it is defamatory. He has proof that within days he was canceled. But I just don’t know how it can be determined that she did it purposely. Polygraph? Doesn’t do anything as far as court goes though.

Wouldn’t there have to be a formal report along with hospital documentation for her to claim SA? Otherwise any and everyone can be accused. In that case what would prevent him from hitting back with she is the one who was sexually violent??

In her own words she admitted in court she did it purposely - something along the lines of having to confront JD by way of the op ed because he's a powerful man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow