VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"On Monday, a spokesperson for the 36-year-old actress announced that she hired David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown of Ballard Spahr to lead, with Ben Rottenborn continuing as co-counsel. Elaine Charlson Bredehoft, who represented Heard in the six-week Fairfax County, Virginia, trial earlier this year is stepping down."

"Said Bredehoft, "This is the perfect time to pass the baton. I have pledged to Amber and her appellate team my complete cooperation and assistance as they move forward on a path towards success."

Amber Heard Hires New Lawyers for Johnny Depp Appeal: 'Different Court Warrants Different Representation'
"Pledged" LOL,LOL!

"On Monday, a spokesperson for the 36-year-old actress announced that she hired David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown of Ballard Spahr to lead, with Ben Rottenborn continuing as co-counsel. Elaine Charlson Bredehoft, who represented Heard in the six-week Fairfax County, Virginia, trial earlier this year is stepping down."

"Said Bredehoft, "This is the perfect time to pass the baton. I have pledged to Amber and her appellate team my complete cooperation and assistance as they move forward on a path towards success."

Amber Heard Hires New Lawyers for Johnny Depp Appeal: 'Different Court Warrants Different Representation'
Pledged but not donated, I see.

Amber Heard branded 'relentlessly scheming and belittling opportunist'

• Comedian Doug, 55, has spoken out again to support Johnny, claiming that Amber would use the actor's moments of weakness to 'manipulate' him
  • In 2016 Amber filed a lawsuit against Doug for defamation after he claimed she was trying to squeeze money out of Johnny through blackmail
  • She later dropped the lawsuit, citing that she 'was moving on' with Doug later branding the suit 'comedy fodder'

Amber Heard is branded 'relentlessly scheming and a belittling opportunist' by Johnny Depp's pal Doug Stanhope who claims actress 'seemed to with star's head' when his mother died

Amber Heard branded 'relentlessly scheming and belittling opportunist'

• Comedian Doug, 55, has spoken out again to support Johnny, claiming that Amber would use the actor's moments of weakness to 'manipulate' him
  • In 2016 Amber filed a lawsuit against Doug for defamation after he claimed she was trying to squeeze money out of Johnny through blackmail
  • She later dropped the lawsuit, citing that she 'was moving on' with Doug later branding the suit 'comedy fodder'

Amber Heard is branded 'relentlessly scheming and a belittling opportunist' by Johnny Depp's pal Doug Stanhope who claims actress 'seemed to with star's head' when his mother died

There it is - queen of blackmail. I have to wonder what might have happened if Stanhope was able to win against her in court back in 2016.

adapted into a new film called Hot Take: The Depp/Heard Trial.

Mark Hapka is set to lead the film as Depp while Megan Davis will portray Heard.

I have no intention of watching the movie. I watched the trial. Anything else will pale in comparison. I have my own opinions and exchanged them with fellow members here. I have zero need to hear what some producers think of the hot mess we witnessed.

That said, in recent news:

Amber Heard is facing another courtroom showdown — but this time it is over who has to foot the bill for her astronomical legal expenses, which surpassed $8 million before the start of ex-husband Johnny Depp’s six-week defamation trial against her, according to a report.
[snip]
Heard has enlisted a brand-new lawyer, Kirk Pasich, to deal with the insurance quandary.
[snip]
Puck reported that her total legal costs to defend herself in the defamation case could come out to over $15 million in what could be the most expensive libel action in U.S. history.
Amber Heard faces a new court battle over the epic costs of her defense

The 36-year-old actress and her baby were seen enjoying the sights in Palma de Mallorca, a stunning resort city on the Mediterranean, on Thursday.

She resurfaced amid her seemingly never ending battle with Depp. Just this week, Amber changed lawyers yet again in her attempt to force two insurance firms to pick up the multimillion dollar bill for her libel payout.
[snip]
Heard was ordered to pay her ex-husband more than $10 million in damages at the end of an explosive defamation trial in June.

She is currently represented by David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown in her appeal of that verdict.
[snip]
The actress has also recently hired Kirk Pasich on her legal team in an attempt to get multiple insurance companies to cover her legal bills, which may surpass $15million, according to Puck News.
Depps of despair? Amber Heard resurfaces for the first time since her Johnny Depp legal catastrophe for a Spanish getaway ... as she hires yet ANOTHER lawyer to help tackle massive $15m legal bill

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase
Back