VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Chanley Painter is saying that Heard’s case could start as early as tomorrow and the first witness being her forensic psychologist. Heard still may testify Wednesday.

Turns out that her new PR Shane arrived in court with her today.

I wouldn’t discount any goss Chanley has, but it’s also possible that she might not be asked to set foot until Thursday, if not next week… we don’t know how fast the witnesses will fly.

The Aquaman star had been set as the opening witness in the defense case, as Deadline exclusively revealed last week. However, as is not unusual in such trials, events have pushed a shift in approach. After the testimony of forensic psychologist Dr. Shannon Curry on behalf of Depp on April 26, Heard’s legal team led by Elaine Bredehoft and Ben Rottenborn have decided to put clinical and forensic psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes on the stand in Fairfax County, VA first on Tuesday.

Heard is now scheduled to follow Hughes’ testimony in the defense’s case this week, we heard. Reps for Heard had no comment on the schedule change when contacted by Deadline today.
Amber Heard Lawyers Shifts Testimony Tactics; Johnny Depp Had $22.5M ‘Pirates’ 6 Deal – Deadline

I am curious to see this forensic psychologist on Tuesday. I need to go back a few pages and find that witness list and see if this person acted as an expert previously in this dispute. I am looking for Depp's motion in limine (18) that outlines plaintiff's objections to Dr. Hughes. Trying to prep before she takes the stand so I have an idea of what that will look like.

The Aquaman star had been set as the opening witness in the defense case, as Deadline exclusively revealed last week. However, as is not unusual in such trials, events have pushed a shift in approach. After the testimony of forensic psychologist Dr. Shannon Curry on behalf of Depp on April 26, Heard’s legal team led by Elaine Bredehoft and Ben Rottenborn have decided to put clinical and forensic psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes on the stand in Fairfax County, VA first on Tuesday.

Heard is now scheduled to follow Hughes’ testimony in the defense’s case this week, we heard. Reps for Heard had no comment on the schedule change when contacted by Deadline today.
Amber Heard Lawyers Shifts Testimony Tactics; Johnny Depp Had $22.5M ‘Pirates’ 6 Deal – Deadline

I am curious to see this forensic psychologist on Tuesday. I need to go back a few pages and find that witness list and see if this person acted as an expert previously in this dispute. I am looking for Depp's motion in limine (18) that outlines plaintiff's objections to Dr. Hughes. Trying to prep before she takes the stand so I have an idea of what that will look like.

Looks like she testified in the NXIVM trial. It sounds like she could be describing AH

Expert Witness at NXIVM Trial Describes How Abusers 'Gaslight' Their Victims

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/sites/circuit/files/assets/documents/pdf/high-profile/depp v heard/cl-2019-2911-plaintiff-obj-def-witness-lst-3-29-2022.pdf

sorry, it’s only the witness list, not the motion

yeah, I found that doc but not the motion in limine described in it. I did find a link with all docs pertaining to this case but not sure if it's ok to post here. A lot of docs filed in this cause but may try to locate it if I get a break in my workday.

guy is explaining at length the moral clause, it's return with a vengeance to the contracts with studios as a result of the me too movement (Weinstein, Cosby, etc)

Now using Kevin Spacey as an example. He was removed from a film even after he had shot all his scenes and replaced with another actor who was then spliced in (seemlessly apparently)

another project Spacey was removed from after filming was not refilmed with another actor but just sits in a can. production decisions on the part of studios. They want no appearance that they are participating in the victimization of women.

Disney (and other family friendly companies) is one of the most sensitive of those companies to the appearance of appearing to employ someone with such allegations.

I've just found a link showing Richard Marks' testimony so far and I'm loving this guy,not least for the fact that he just confirmed the new series of Bosch is about to drop!.
He reminds me so much of Sid in Blue bloods!

Mr. Mark's impression prior to the marriage with AH and the subsequent bad press - I don't recall hearing bad press about JD, he had the reputation of being relatable/one of the guys (wish he hadn't used that term because AH team with twist it to mean one of THOSE guys the me too crowd wants gone)

cross starting now.

I love this witness. When asked about Pirates he said it is his opinion that Disney still wants to work with JD and will do whatever they can to do so but NOT under this Cloud (being AH and her false accusations)

unnamed random website :p:rolleyes:;) Marks is having none of their BS

Redirect. Publications that carry the most weight IMO are variety, hollywood reporter wa-po Wash J, NY Times, etc.

Previous negative articles about JD didn't change the baseline (what he was earning or could command) the op-ed was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper