VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

'She's the abuser'

Johnny Depp's lawyer Ben Chew is now opposing this motion to strike.

"She's the abuser in this courtroom," he tells the court, about Amber Heard.

He calls for the motion to strike to be denied and says Heard's "false allegations" meet the threshold for suing for defamation.

Addressing the argument that Heard did not refer to Depp in her Washington Post article, Mr Chew raises his voice: "She didn't have to."

He says credible witnesses have backed Depp and calls for the motion to strike to be denied "in full - and let's hear from Ms Heard".

statement 1 judge taking it under advisement as it concerns a tweet by AH that has yet to be introduced to evidence so she can't rule on that, rest of motion denied.

Sky News

Lunch break while judge makes her decision

Judge Penney Azcarate says she has reviewed all the evidence in the case.

After listening to Ben Rottenborn and Ben Chew's arguments she says she denies the motion to dismiss the case on two parts but on one part she is going to take advice.

She has called a lunch break and the jurors are due back at 1.30pm in Virginia - that's 6.30pm here.

I agree. I am pretty sure it is was Franco. If I remember there was elevator footage of them at one point (I want to say around the time of reported abuse). But I don't think Musk would fit that profile from what I have read about him.

not sure about the drug abuse, but there is definitely security camera proof that Elon Musk also ran around in the elevator with Amber:

Swimsuit-clad Amber Heard is seen cuddling up to Elon Musk in Johnny Depp's private elevator | Daily Mail Online

[Depp’s] legal action further accused Heard of 'spending time in a new relationship' with Musk almost immediately after their wedding in February 2015.

'Only one calendar month after Mr. Depp and Ms. Heard were married - while Mr. Depp was out of the country, filming in March 2015 - Eastern Columbia Building personnel testified that Ms. Heard received Musk ''late at night'' at Mr. Depp's penthouse,' the suit alleges.

'Specifically, Ms. Heard asked staff at the Eastern Columbia Building to give her ''friend Elon'' access to the building's parking garage and the penthouse elevator ''late at night,'' and they testified that they did so.

'Building staff would then see Ms. Heard's ''friend Elon'' leaving the building the next morning.'

JD didn’t just make it up out of whole cloth; and if the above images didn’t make it into discovery here I’m pretty sure we can infer that EM averred his intention to sue if it was in fact used.

Throughout all of the testimony so far, I've not heard one witness testify to seeing any physical violence to or from either party.

I know DV goes on behind closed doors, and it appears to have been acknowledged in the recordings. I'm just slightly surprised, as many say they witnessed the arguments, yet saw nothing.

In all likelihood I will be watching AH's "side" but JD movie watching is an option if I decide my life is too short for it ;)

I might think, as I often do about gruesome WS murder threads, that if the victim had to go through it in the first place I can certainly take it the second but… her previous deposition is already scream-at-the-screen-worthy for me.

Motion Denied - bet money, it's not gonna fly
not entirely..one part "under consideration"...will be denied but at least some hope for defense.

Wonder if they are going to time it to just finish their direct with AH on Thursday afternoon. Then the jury will have a week to think about what she said before they are back in court.
I am sure they are calculating that out....with next week off I wonder how they are doing on the hard stop date that the judge imposed of Memorial Weekend...I assume that includes deliberations and verdict etc. JD has taken a long time and they have equal allocation right?

From what I think I heard today, the judge will rule on the last motion to deny, when it comes up for evidence introduced during the trial. The evidence has not been submitted yet. The evidence (IMO) is a copy of a tweet by AH.

here comes the wife beater, Sun, UK trial phase of the day :rolleyes:

AH counsel now trying to chip away at the forensic accountant's credibility of the periods being calculated and the data used to reach them.

I've not seen any testimony today bit that particular snippet from Heard's lawyers is really starting to grate. Yes,we know. We heard you the first 10 thousand times you told us the sun called JD a wife beater,get over it already. Doesn't matter how many times you say,it doesnt make it true.
If I was on the jury I would be royally pissed off with this, it's like they think the jury is stupid and won't see through the fact that they have no case and no defence so they just keep saying it and hoping it will stick :rolleyes::mad:

Throughout all of the testimony so far, I've not heard one witness testify to seeing any physical violence to or from either party.

I know DV goes on behind closed doors, and it appears to have been acknowledged in the recordings. I'm just slightly surprised, as many say they witnessed the arguments, yet saw nothing.
I have heard several witnesses testify about abuse they have seen. Just yesterday the security guy said she threw a can and hit him in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member