VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaannndd....she will immediately file an appeal. When JD left today he said "I have a feeling I'll see you again" or something to that effect. He knows when the trial is over, it ain't over. We can only hope any AH appeal will get rejected. I think we've all had enough of this.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Who would pay for AH's appeal? Who would represent her? I doubt EB and team would want to with such a difficult client.

If there is a hung jury...what happens? A retrial? That would be a nightmare.

Johnny Depp Gets Unfavorable Decisions on Jury Instruction​

In a key ruling on jury instructions, the judge overseeing the case sided with Heard’s lawyers on Thursday that Waldman does not qualify for privilege, a defense from defamation, because his statements were not in response to anything Heard said or wrote. A ruling the other way could have led to jurors outright denying Heard’s $100 million counterclaim against Depp.

Or maybe do some Lifetime movies. Stalked By My Ex.
Or, Psycho Ex-wife. Any other title ideas? Lol. :cool:

She might really find a career. Charlie Sheen did very well by making fun of himself in sitcoms. (Not that I see AH willing to make fun of herself. But, it might be a career path that would work well.)

MOO.

Last edited:
It has been great hanging out with you all. Not sure if I will be able to see much tomorrow but will get caught up here when time permits. Whatever the Jurors decide I respect. I'm just glad JD had an opportunity to tell his truth. There really were some comical moments.

It really is a case of where the perfect cast of characters came together and made it this way. Even the judge said “that was a first” referencing the guy who was testifying while vaping and driving his car. Plus the live alpacas outside of the courthouse!

I agree, every victim should be able to speak their truths even if people dont understan.

I saw this today:A9EC5A79-17BB-4B3B-8542-DF2C84DAE1BD.png

Johnny Depp Gets Unfavorable Decisions on Jury Instruction​

In a key ruling on jury instructions, the judge overseeing the case sided with Heard’s lawyers on Thursday that Waldman does not qualify for privilege, a defense from defamation, because his statements were not in response to anything Heard said or wrote. A ruling the other way could have led to jurors outright denying Heard’s $100 million counterclaim against Depp.

I hope he doesn’t have to pay her anything but as far as Waldman, I think Johnny has enough proof for her defaming him. She sealed that deal today on admission of the op-ed being from her and that it was in fact about Johnny. A few days after it was released he got canceled. She has always denied that it was about Johnny.

aaaannndd....she will immediately file an appeal. When JD left today he said "I have a feeling I'll see you again" or something to that effect. He knows when the trial is over, it ain't over. We can only hope any AH appeal will get rejected. I think we've all had enough of this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Can either one of them file an appeal in a civil case like this?

I would have thought it would be a final ruling since it's civil litigation. But IANAL so I really have no clue.

Who would pay for AH's appeal? Who would represent her? I doubt EB and team would want to with such a difficult client.

If there is a hung jury...what happens? A retrial? That would be a nightmare.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she fires them and leaves them with an unpaid balance. I can see her blaming them for putting her on the stand today.

Alejandro definitely a highlight! When he got so frustrated with being asked if he knew what kind of concealer, foundation, powder, etc AH wears he was all of us. He said I’m so tired of this!

Same with Isaac b when he finally had to break down laughing after the umpteen time he was asked about “ Amica cream” lol
I don’t even know what Amica is !
I started late and also missed these testimonies. Who is Alejandro and Isaac B ? TIA

I'd love to see a poll on how long we all think it will take a jury to reach their verdict.
It's already been mentioned Friday evening, and I think I might agree with that.
Oh the suspense!

This exclusive broadcast would be worth $millions to Netflix or Foxtel etc.

Sold to the highest bidder….I can see it now, SURVIVOR IN SUITS.

I started late and also missed these testimonies. Who is Alejandro and Isaac B ? TIA
This is an Isaac B:

also known as Johnny‘s friend of 40 years. He lived adjacent to Amber’s friend menagerie.

this is an Alejandro:

he was the doorman at said apartment building.

both are IMO excellent watches while u wait.

I hope he doesn’t have to pay her anything but as far as Waldman, I think Johnny has enough proof for her defaming him. She sealed that deal today on admission of the op-ed being from her and that it was in fact about Johnny. A few days after it was released he got canceled. She has always denied that it was about Johnny.
dbm duplicate post

Last edited:
This is an Isaac B:

also known as Johnny‘s friend of 40 years. He lived adjacent to Amber’s friend menagerie.

this is an Alejandro:

he was the doorman at said apartment building.

both are IMO excellent watches while u wait.
I plan to go back and read some of these testimonies I missed. Thank you!

@Gypsy Road
I understand your discomfort and appreciate your thoughts. People of every kind do things they shouldn’t, how they recklessly leave a relationship, marry the wrong person, take drugs, physically abuse and on and on. We wouldn’t have this forum if not for the mistakes people make.

We have been together through the entire trial, and literally there are so many things that happened we are sharing and remembering. It’s not meant to harm anyone. This was an unusual DV case in that we rarely see a male going through it. Johnny made a lot of mistakes but he took responsibility for all of it. She on the other hand did the opposite and its had a ripple effect.

Im a DV surviver, I stand behind women and men who are trying to get out alive.
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I am also a DV survivor. Always behind closed doors. I told no one. I stayed 30 years until he almost split my scull entirely open with a piece of metal rebar and left me badly injured. I understand if anyone wants to call me stupid like many on the internet already have. It was complicated. I was also not a perfect victim in that in the later years of the abuse before I finally gave up a 4 decade relationship - I started fighting back. He became a drug addict towards the end that fueled his aggression, but I stood by him anyway and tried to help him into sobriety, I was called controlling. Maybe I was. I just wanted him to get better. But in the end, after I had to file a TRO and filed for divorce he accused me of the one abusing him. Told lies to the court (with no evidence) that I tried to run him over with my car, and that I beat him throughout our marriage. He tried to say he hit me out of self defense to get off on the assault and battery charges - which thankfully in the end he was not believed. But he dragged me through court for two long years lying till the very end. Nobody knows what happens behind closed doors. And I don’t know what happened here between Johnny and Amber. I see two toxic people and have no doubt there was physical violence on both sides, and to me - Johnny’s texts and vile words leave me somewhat in belief that he is not the gentle spoken man we know publicly. We know exactly who Amber is because she has shown us - combative, needy, aggressive, emotional and at times - a bully. I can not make a decision here. I don’t follow either of their careers and had no idea of these allegations before this trial. I’m just looking at two people and their testimony and feel that neither of them are telling the entire truth, and I also refuse to bash either. I agree that falsely accusing someone is wrong, but I have no idea here.

Agreed. Her behaviour on the stand and they way she said it leads me to believe it is her who can't leave him alone and wants to look at him. In all the audio recordings I heard, AH is the one pleading and begging JD not to leave her. She set out to ruin his life because he was done with her and was ready to move on.
ITA! Projection..

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads