VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Katelin heart doctor possibly tell her that flying is not permitted while needing the heart patch? Just asking.

Maybe Katelin got scared about planes due to a heart condition and didn't want to tell anyone. Idk

Dexter if she was scared I wouldn't think she would be on the flight to Virginia

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Dexter if she was scared I wouldn't think she would be on the flight to Virginia

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Maybe you're right. I just decided to put a plausible to a situation that may help others to digress from what others are possibly thinking. Which wouldnt be a good outcome. Jmo

I am beginning to think that she herself sent those texts and then she was harmed.

As somebody suggested earlier in the thread, the text to her fiancee might have been a cryptic cry for help. She knew how Amber would react.

I'm still confused on the time the texts were sent. It has been posted that it was 2:00 EST and as 4:00 EST. If it was 2:00 EST that's pretty early to be at the airport for a 5:40 flight.

Okay, so if she was harmed by a person known to her, they more likely than not would have known that she was not due to arrive back in Vegas for MANY hours. So this begs the question (again) why would that person bother texting anyone. Even if she never sent a text to anyone, they probably would have thought, "Oh, her phone died." or "She didn't remember to text and then they told the passengers to turn off their phones." etc etc. They wouldn't even worry until she never got off the plane in Vegas. By that time it would be 11pm. That would be 1am back in VA and the perp would have had basically an eternity to hide evidence, as opposed to tossing some of it alongside a road where it was bound to be found.

(My questions are not directed to you in particular, ClaireNC, I'm just jumping off of your post.)

moo

My theory is that whoever sent those messages was perhaps trying to create a believable situation that would make it look like Katelin ran off on her own-- so the police wouldn't go looking for her.

I go round and round with this though. It's just my guess.

As somebody suggested earlier in the thread, the text to her fiancee might have been a cryptic cry for help. She knew how Amber would react.

I've considered this, too. It seems very likely that it could have been.

I'm still confused on the time the texts were sent. It has been posted that it was 2:00 EST and as 4:00 EST. If it was 2:00 EST that's pretty early to be at the airport for a 5:40 flight.

Would that be 2pm in Arizona and then that would be 4pm in Virginia? That would make more sense because that would only be an hour before boarding (Boarding typically being 40 minutes before takeoff.)

moo

Would Katelin heart doctor possibly tell her that flying is not permitted while needing the heart patch? Just asking.

Maybe Katelin got scared about planes due to a heart condition and didn't want to tell anyone. Idk
How recent was the photo taken (with the heart monitor)?

Most likely, it was fine for her to fly. According to a medical professional, who doesn't know her specific situation.

I had a similar ekg done, but it just ran on its own. I have an arythmia also, but mine is caused by low potassium. If mine drops, I start feeling it. Plus mine actually hurts! Mine doesn't seem to concern the doctors much, was just told to make sure I'm getting the right amount of potassium. I was told mine would not cause anything fatal...10yrs later and I'm still good too! ��

BBM:

So glad to hear it, Tabirey!

The arrival time for the Frontier flight from Reagan to Vegas is 10:40 PM PST. Arrival and departure times are generally shown in local time for each location. The flight is a total of 8 hours, with 4 hours from VA to Denver, a 2 hour layover and then another 2 hours from Denver to Vegas.

Thank you, I wasn't aware that it wasn't a direct flight...I estimated 10:40 EST due to that flight being around 5 hours direct. Odd that it actually arrived at 10:40 on PST time- what are the chances with the layover and second flight? Thanks!

I am torn and conflicted. I think she sent the text herself. I can't decide if it was under pressure by someone else to send them, or by her own choosing.

I am super concerned about who all she saw while she was there. I truly believe it was during this time that her plans changed. Just my opinion of course, but it would be very interesting to see who all she hung out with and talked with while she was there, that's going to be the biggest clue IMO!

Who else lives in SD's home? Does she have step siblings?

How recent was the photo taken (with the heart monitor)?

Most likely, it was fine for her to fly. According to a medical professional, who doesn't know her specific situation.

I would think it would be fine for Katelin to fly. Even people needing a heart transplant or any kind of heart surgery have been known to fly. Her family and even Amber has not stated she was on any kind of medication, IIRC. Surely if Katelin was on any medication for a heart problem seems it would have been stated in the flyers, IMO. Also that on her chest is only a lead, not monitor and actually was serving no purpose when the pic was taken.

*BTW, how was Katelin to pay for her return ticket, or did she have a round trip ticket?

Whoo, came back from work and found that the Find page has exploded with a great Q&A (that I suspect may have been carried out in part by some of you :angel: ) . Would be great if we could get a VI all checked out. Anyways, with this new information, I think my personal theory has remained unchanged and might even be a little reinforced. I won't post it again for space-saving reasons. I'm feeling like we're starting to get somewhere - my sleuthy senses are tingling!

Almost like the one to mom, so she won't worry, and the one to Amber hoping she just let's it go for a few days and wouldn't contact the mom. "Oh something came up oh OK, she will contacted me at a later date when she's done" ... But not knowing Amber would actually reach out to the mom asap. Imo whoever sent the texts thought it was a brilliant plan, and knew of the mom and amber and that they needed to say/text something to them..

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you nic for everything. Just being here, and answering questions! Let's hope Katelin is home safe and sound soon.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that she was ever at the mall.

I don't think I need to say any more than that.

Will be happy to be proven wrong when she shows up for Christmas... :(

I agree 100%. It would be wonderful to be wrong in this case, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen.

Are there any tolls around there that use Easy Pass that SD could have been traced through. And hey what not actually drive the route you would take in order to try to make a believable alibi but maybe Katelin never made it in the car or maybe was and was incapacitated or in a trunk with her luggage.

Sorry it's EZpass
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members