VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the flight departure time due 5:40pm. Text sent to girlfriend 2pm in AZ so that's 4pm VA - yes?

If katelin plane was taking off from va at 5pm eastern /2pm western. Then the 5hr flight if straight would leave her arriving at 10pm eastern or 7pm western Vegas time.

So since amber is on the west. Some expected times may get confused from people on the east.

If katelin plane was taking off from va at 5pm eastern /2pm western. Then the 5hr flight if straight would leave her arriving at 10pm eastern or 7pm western Vegas time.

So since amber is on the west. Some expected times may get confused from people on the east.

However from what we were told upthread, the flight was not direct, so it would have taken longer. jmo

I learned something new today. It's been a while since I've conducted 24-hour (or
longer) holter monitor study. These recordings are ordered for patients who experience heart arrhythmia(s) that aren't always captured in a clinical setting. There is a button they can push to "mark" the record when they're experiencing symptoms - which allows the Cardiologist to review the EKG tracing closely at those points.

929b8d2b796e7e1ad0e02f6f2ce9efee.jpg

Via http://www.uc-scanning.com/patient_prep.html

So yes, this electrode could have certainly been for such an exam :moo: HTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However from what we were told upthread, the flight was not direct, so it would have taken longer. jmo

Agree. The Regan airport is not jfk nor lax. So it could have been a connected flight to dc or so to go the rest of the way. The Bob Hope airport in Anaheim Ca does the same thing.

Because some airports only cater to certain states or regions for shuttle purposes to big international airports.

Which gives the perp more time to text that I'm at the va airport. But the dc one is going to be delayed. Jmo

I truly hate flights that are not directed to where I need to go. Especially if I'm on traveling through out the United States. Jmo

Agree. The Regan airport is not jfk nor lax. So it could have been a connected flight to dc or so to go the rest of the way. The Bob Hope airport in Anaheim Ca does the same thing.

Because some airports only cater to certain states or regions for shuttle purposes to big international airports.

Which gives the perp more time to text that I'm at the va airport. But the dc one is going to be delayed. Jmo

FWIW There is a Frontier Airlines flight that leaves Reagan at 5:40 pm and arrives in Vegas at 10:40 pm with one stop in Denver.

We are fast approaching the two week mark. It is bitter cold tonight with a fierce wind :(
From Richmond to DC, the temps are expected to dip to 32* by early morning.

So some kind of timeline:

- Katelin exchanges text with Amber at 12:30PM EST (10:30AM MST)
- Katelin sends last text to Amber and mom at 4:00PM EST (2:00 PM MST) regarding "made it to airport" and "I'm not coming back right now, plans changed"
- Flight scheduled to leave at 5:40PM EST and arrive in Las Vegas around 10:40PM EST (8:40PM MST or 7:40PM PST

Working with 3 different time zones here due to VA, AZ, and the Las Vegas Airport.

- Katelin sends last text to Amber and mom at 4:00PM EST (2:00 PM MST) regarding "made it to airport" and "I'm not coming back right now, plans changed"
- Flight scheduled to leave at 5:40PM EST and arrive in Las Vegas around 10:40PM EST (8:40PM MST or 7:40PM PST

Working with 3 different time zones here due to VA, AZ, and the Las Vegas Airport.

Second bullet, would the times actually be 2:00 EST (12:00 MST)?

I learned something new today. It's been a while since I've conducted 24-hour (or
longer) holter monitor study. These recordings are ordered for patients who experience heart arrhythmia(s) that aren't always captured in a clinical setting. There is a button they can push to "mark" the record when they're experiencing symptoms - which allows the Cardiologist to review the EKG tracing closely at those points.

929b8d2b796e7e1ad0e02f6f2ce9efee.jpg

Via http://www.uc-scanning.com/patient_prep.html

So yes, this electrode could have certainly been for such an exam :moo: HTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have actually worn one of these Holter monitors for a 72 hour period of time. You are to go about your normal activities and sleep patterns. I did have arrhythmia. It would feel as if my heart skipped a beat, then I would feel the beat after that even in my throat. My reading showed arrhythmia. I was prescribed a Beta Blocker - Propanolol. I take it twice a day. The reading showed mine happened more in my sleep. One of my ventricles did not open as it should to let the blood flow out of the heart chamber. I did not like taking Propanolol because it seemed to make me feel tired all the time. I asked my doctor what would happen if I just stopped taking it and he said the arrhythmia could kill me in that it only takes the heart chamber 30 seconds to fill up with blood if the other ventricle did not open. I am still taking the Propanolol, needless to say!

I did not have to push a button or anything because the Holter Monitor automatically recorded the arrhythmia as happened. That was 20 years ago and I'm still kicking! There is no pain associated with it!

I have actually worn one of these Holter monitors for a 72 hour period of time. You are to go about your normal activities and sleep patterns. I did have arrhythmia. It would feel as if my heart skipped a beat, then I would feel the beat after that even in my throat. My reading showed arrhythmia. I was prescribed a Beta Blocker - Propanolol. I take it twice a day. The reading showed mine happened more in my sleep. One of my ventricles did not open as it should to let the blood flow out of the heart chamber. I did not like taking Propanolol because it seemed to make me feel tired all the time. I asked my doctor what would happen if I just stopped taking it and he said the arrhythmia could kill me in that it only takes the heart chamber 30 seconds to fill up with blood if the other ventricle did not open. I am still taking the Propanolol, needless to say!

I did not have to push a button or anything because the Holter Monitor automatically recorded the arrhythmia as happened. That was 20 years ago and I'm still kicking! There is no pain associated with it!

I had a similar ekg done, but it just ran on its own. I have an arythmia also, but mine is caused by low potassium. If mine drops, I start feeling it. Plus mine actually hurts! Mine doesn't seem to concern the doctors much, was just told to make sure I'm getting the right amount of potassium. I was told mine would not cause anything fatal...10yrs later and I'm still good too! 💖

Reagan National is technically in Arlington, VA but that is right outside DC - it has some perimeter restrictions but now has even more passengers going through it than (the more suburban) Dulles International. She was traveling from Reagan National Airport (practically in DC), though I do see that this flight was supposedly a connecting flight.

The arrival time for the Frontier flight from Reagan to Vegas is 10:40 PM PST. Arrival and departure times are generally shown in local time for each location. The flight is a total of 8 hours, with 4 hours from VA to Denver, a 2 hour layover and then another 2 hours from Denver to Vegas.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that she was ever at the mall.

I don't think I need to say any more than that.

Will be happy to be proven wrong when she shows up for Christmas... :(

The arrival time for the Frontier flight from Reagan to Vegas is 10:40 PM PST. Arrival and departure times are generally shown in local time for each location. The flight is a total of 8 hours, with 4 hours from VA to Denver, a 2 hour layover and then another 2 hours from Denver to Vegas.

Okay, so if she was harmed by a person known to her, they more likely than not would have known that she was not due to arrive back in Vegas for MANY hours. So this begs the question (again) why would that person bother texting anyone. Even if she never sent a text to anyone, they probably would have thought, "Oh, her phone died." or "She didn't remember to text and then they told the passengers to turn off their phones." etc etc. They wouldn't even worry until she never got off the plane in Vegas. By that time it would be 11pm. That would be 1am back in VA and the perp would have had basically an eternity to hide evidence, as opposed to tossing some of it alongside a road where it was bound to be found.

(My questions are not directed to you in particular, ClaireNC, I'm just jumping off of your post.)

moo

Lmao. SS. You was the one that reminded me of actual time differences that I had confused in a post upthread.

So this post of yours that I am replying to; Deserves a chuckle emoji. Lol

I love how you just made sure that us sluethers remember the times of some of our areas that we live in.

Just in case the timing gets confused by 3 or 2hr differences from a U.S point of view by some of us that live in different parts of the United States . Lol. Thanks again.

Btw. I'm from ny but now live in ca and still didn't know that az time was different from vegas time.

Lol. Thanks again.

Okay, so if she was harmed by a person known to her, they more likely than not would have known that she was not due to arrive back in Vegas for MANY hours. So this begs the question (again) why would that person bother texting anyone. Even if she never sent a text to anyone, they probably would have thought, "Oh, her phone died." or "She didn't remember to text and then they told the passengers to turn off their phones." etc etc. They wouldn't even worry until she never got off the plane in Vegas. By that time it would be 11pm. That would be 1am back in VA and the perp would have had basically an eternity to hide evidence, as opposed to tossing some of it alongside a road where it was bound to be found.

(My questions are not directed to you in particular, ClaireNC, I'm just jumping off of your post.)

moo

I am beginning to think that she herself sent those texts and then she was harmed.

If Kaitlen planned to disappear why would she text esp. something so mundane as the contents of those texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214