VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we have a normal text at 12:30 and bam nothing! Do we know if amber immediately tried calling right away? Or did she just accept that there was a change in plans and figure Katelin would simply call when she figured it out?

I think Katelin's phone was turned off right after those 2 text messages at 2pm and hasn't been turned back on since. All calls must just go to voice mail.

I think Katelin's phone was turned off right after those 2 text messages at 2pm and hasn't been turned back on since. All calls must just go to voice mail.

Ok, so at this point Katelin sends the text and amber calls or texts? How is it that they become aware immediately that her phone was turned off?

Ok, so at this point Katelin sends the text and amber calls or texts? How is it that they become aware immediately that her phone was turned off?

we dont know but it seems reasonable that if you got that blunt text you would want to talk to the person directly to figure out what is going on. so she may have called immediately or soon after and it was going to voice mail.

we dont know but it seems reasonable that if you got that blunt text you would want to talk to the person directly to figure out what is going on.

Oh for sure, that's why I was asking nic, since she is familiar with the facts. I was just curious if this was literally an immediate thing. Like Amber sends texts, and bam it's off! That to me is very suspicious. It to me makes it hard to think she sent those in the right frame of mind.

we dont know but it seems reasonable that if you got that blunt text you would want to talk to the person directly to figure out what is going on. so she may have called immediately or soon after and it was going to voice mail.

Amber stated that she did try to call shortly after. To no avail.

Oh for sure, that's why I was asking nic, since she is familiar with the facts. I was just curious if this was literally an immediate thing. Like Amber sends texts, and bam it's off! That to me is very suspicious. It to me makes it hard to think she sent those in the right frame of mind.

I think because nic hasn't been verified yet, she will be unable to answer the question. I think her verification is in progress though.

Do we have proof that Katelin's mother actually dropped her off at the SD?

Does anybody else find it odd that she would text that she got to the airport at 2:00 pm, when her flight didn't leave until 5:40 pm?

I don't like being a nudge but the way I understood it, the final text to Amber was 4:00 PM EST (2:00 PM Arizona time, 1:00 PM Las Vegas Time) and above it is stated that the last "Normal" text was 12:30 PM Amber's time (2:30 EST). So, that means that those two text messages were about 1.5 hours apart.

Do we have proof that Katelin's mother actually dropped her off at the SD?

I think SD admitted he had Katelin as he said he dropped her off at the mall, but as for proof??? Do you mean a witness?

I don't like being a nudge but the way I understood it, the final text to Amber was 4:00 PM EST (2:00 PM Arizona time, 1:00 PM Las Vegas Time) and above it is stated that the last "Normal" text was 12:30 PM Amber's time (2:30 EST). So, that means that those two text messages were about 1.5 hours apart.

Amber's mother confirmed that it was 12:30 and 2:00 pm Virgina time when the texts were sent. See post 981: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...field-5-December-2015&p=12251646#post12251646

We don't know the dynamics between Katelin's mom and SD nor Katelin and the SD. For all we know, he'd help the mom out because he'd like to be back together or he could be doing it for Katelin, at her request. We don't know whose idea it was and if anyone had an ulterior motive. We don't know if Katelin was a hothead and got annoyed and tossed her own bag out the window. we don't even know if it was just a decoy bag with stuff she didn't need or want. We have too little info to go on or to even begin looking at the SD, the mom, the sister, the aunt, any cousin, a friend or a stranger she met up with at the mall or even Katelin herself.

ETA: We don't even really know the dynamics between Katelin and any of her relatives, partners or friends and associates.

So some kind of timeline:

- Katelin exchanges text with Amber at 12:30PM EST (10:30AM MST)
- Katelin sends last text to Amber and mom at 4:00PM EST (2:00 PM MST) regarding "made it to airport" and "I'm not coming back right now, plans changed"
- Flight scheduled to leave at 5:40PM EST and arrive in Las Vegas around 10:40PM EST (8:40PM MST or 7:40PM PST

Working with 3 different time zones here due to VA, AZ, and the Las Vegas Airport.

This is the info we had last night at 6:30 EST

As ClaireNC pointed out, post #981 clears up the timeframe of the texts to 12:30 and 2:00 Virginia time. Working backward, if flight was at 5:40 and she planned to be there 2 hours in advance (airport recommendation), she'd plan to be at airport around 3:30ish. Being that SD lives a little over an hour from airport, they'd prob be leaving his house right at 2:00 when those 2 cryptic texts were sent. Sounds like something happened while at SD's house between 12:30 & 2:00, imo, so the "something came up and I can't make my flight" happened while still in Spotsylvania....

As ClaireNC pointed out, post #981 clears up the timeframe of the texts to 12:30 and 2:00 Virginia time. Working backward, if flight was at 5:40 and she planned to be there 2 hours in advance (airport recommendation), she'd plan to be at airport around 3:30ish. Being that SD lives a little over an hour from airport, they'd prob be leaving his house right at 2:00 when those 2 cryptic texts were sent. Sounds like something happened while at SD's house between 12:30 & 2:00, imo, so the "something came up and I can't make my flight" happened while still in Spotsylvania....

Maybe. But why then text Mom to say she arrived at airport?

imo this is a mix-up and it is actually arizona time being referred to, not sure what else i can say other than anyone interested should check it out for themselves

Amber also clarified on the Find Katelin page that it was 12:30 & 2:00 VA time. I can't help but think that if the two people who should be in "the know" confirm those times, and knowing how critical this info is, they are as correct. Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214