VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked about that the other day, too. It would be great if we could go back to at least Friday of that week and get a timeline of what happened.

I agree, at least then we can start to establish so sort of plausible timeline. Like who made the decision to call sd in the first place and ask for a ride to the airport? That would be one of my berry first questions.

I hadn't heard this. Seems like it might be awkward to reach out cross-country.

That's what telephones are for. Or emails. Wouldnt he want to touch base and say " Hey, when I dropped her off she was talking about shopping for your Christmas present"-----OR " She said she couldn' t wait to get back home" ----OR if there was something unusual, like she was expressing hesitation about going to Beauty School or flying back home, wouldn't it be good to share that info with those who are worried about her?

That's what telephones are for. Or emails. Wouldnt he want to touch base and say " Hey, when I dropped her off she was talking about shopping for your Christmas present"-----OR " She said she couldn' t wait to get back home" ----OR if there was something unusual, like she was expressing hesitation about going to Beauty School or flying back home, wouldn't it be good to share that info with those who are worried about her?

I think that depends on the relationship that the people involved have with one another. If there is no relationship or a very rocky one, then I can definitely see little to no communication on either end. moo

Let's say you did your good deed and dropped someone off at the mall as they ask you to do. Then they go missing and you're being questioned by the police. This group of people online are sure that you're guilty of something nefarious and that you should reach out to the fiancé. That's a pretty big load to be carrying.

No, that piece of information has never been disclosed.

Agree. Le would have mentioned the time of mall if they wanted people to come forward and say I seen her after the supposed drop off.

Where's wavy kid when you need him.

IMO there is a reason LE has not released time of supposed mall drop-off to the public.

Either a witness or video, something other than he said/she said. We need to go back to the beginning from the exchange of Katelin from her Mom to her SD. Did this actually happen? This is what I would like proof of first.

You are correct in that SD did say he had Katelin. This story is missing so many pieces available to the public, I am just thinking out of the box given to us.

LE has confirmed (although they have not said HOW it was confirmed) that SD was in the "area" of the mall when he said he was. They said there is no video of SD or Katelin at the mall. I take it this to mean that perhaps his cell phone pinged in the area. ???

According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center. Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there.
http://patch.com/virginia/kingstowne...e-video-police

LE has confirmed (although they have not said HOW it was confirmed) that SD was in the "area" of the mall when he said he was. They said there is no video of SD or Katelin at the mall. I take it this to mean that perhaps his cell phone pinged in the area. ???

Cell phone ping or possibly recorded on a camera somewhere else, like a red light or another store or something. Maybe even toll booth? Not familiar with the map or which roads were supposedly traveled.

If if they have pinged his phone then they must have been able to ping Katelin's phone by now and confirm where the texts were sent from, right?

Agree. Le would have mentioned the time of mall if they wanted people to come forward and say I seen her after the supposed drop off.

Where's wavy kid when you need him.
Wavy kid lmao. I almost choked on my diet coke.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

How long can this go on with no information whatsoever? Why is there no information? Either Katelin went off on her own or someone has harmed her. Her family deserves to know even if we don't.

No one can help if there is nothing to go on. All we have is mysterious and suspicious circumstances. We sit here literally holding vigil for Katelin every day and want to help so badly. We hope for news and there is none.

I wish reporters would ask LE for an update.

I hadn't heard this. Seems like it might be awkward to reach out cross-country.
Seems even more awkward to not be saying anything... jmo (no offense meant to you Han!)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Seems even more awkward to not be saying anything... jmo (no offense meant to you Han!)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If nothing else, as an adult reaching out to a young person who must be in emotional pain. Maybe to tell her Katelin's emotional status or offer some words of encouragement. JMO

BBM:

Either the cell pinged off the nearest tower where SD said he dropped Katelin off or he made a call or calls from his cell. OR it could be as one poster suggested; that there was a GPS on his vehicle known or even not known by him.

IDK.

How long can this go on with no information whatsoever? Why is there no information? Either Katelin went off on her own or someone has harmed her. Her family deserves to know even if we don't.

No one can help if there is nothing to go on. All we have is mysterious and suspicious circumstances. We sit here literally holding vigil for Katelin every day and want to help so badly. We hope for news and there is none.

I wish reporters would ask LE for an update.

I want to know everything also, but LE is not required to give info to anybody before the case goes to court.

Let's say you did your good deed and dropped someone off at the mall as they ask you to do. Then they go missing and you're being questioned by the police. This group of people online are sure that you're guilty of something nefarious and that you should reach out to the fiancé. That's a pretty big load to be carrying.

But at the very start, when it FIRST was figured out that she did not fly home---were people online pointing blame? I don't think so. Wouldn't he want to get to the bottom of things right from the jump? It does not matter if they had close relationship or not with each other. Isn't everyone sharing the same goal of finding out if she is Okay?

It was stated that Katelin's phone is prepaid. So i doubt sm internet usage would be heavy on that phone. Only calls and texts i think.

Plus I'm not sure if it would have great gps technology. But idk what kind of phone nor prepaid svcs she had. Plus idk if you can track those phones via prepaid provider. Idk

But at the very start, when it FIRST was figured out that she did not fly home---were people online pointing blame? I don't think so. Wouldn't he want to get to the bottom of things right from the jump? It does not matter if they had close relationship or not with each other. Isn't everyone sharing the same goal of finding out if she is Okay?

Agree. He should have been leading a search from the drop point with every family member passing out fliers while telling store owners to please hold any video footage of that day.

Why start a search near the luggage when you know where you dropped her off at. Jmo.

It was stated that Katelin's phone is prepaid. So i doubt sm internet usage would be heavy on that phone. Only calls and texts i think.

Plus I'm not sure if it would have great gps technology. But idk what kind of phone nor prepaid svcs she had. Plus idk if you can track those phones via prepaid provider. Idk

You can ping any type of phone. It depends on which phone tower is closest, not GPS in the phone itself.

Agree. He should have been leading a search from the drop point with every family member passing out fliers while telling store owners to please hold any video footage of that day.

Why start a search near the luggage when you know where you dropped her off at. Jmo.

I don't agree. If Kaitlin was fine when he left he is no more responsible to lead to search than the next person. Plus at the beginning I'm assuming he would've been answering a lot of questions from the police. And if he's consulted an attorney he's probably been advised to stay out of it.

I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just saying what seems rational to me. This is not necessarily what I would choose but it doesn't surprise me that someone would choose this course of action.

I don't agree. If Kaitlin was fine when he left he is no more responsible to lead to search than the next person. Plus at the beginning I'm assuming he would've been answering a lot of questions from the police. And if he's consulted an attorney he's probably been advised to stay out of it.

I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just saying what seems rational to me. This is not necessarily what I would choose but it doesn't surprise me that someone would choose this course of action.

Agree. You drop your baby girl off. She immediately goes missing and you stay out of the debacle per your lawyers advice.

There's definitely nothing guilty to see here. I agree with a sarc hug. Lol.

But seriously. I understand what you are saying but maybe he should be more in tears in front of a camera or something. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat