VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone says that she texted me at 12. I would think they mean 12 their own time and not the time of the person that texted. Jmo.

Maybe. But why then text Mom to say she arrived at airport?

I really don't think Katelin sent those texts. Why send 2 completely different messages to your loved ones, a minute apart, one saying 'I'm leaving' and the other, 'I'm staying'? I think it was someone else who acted in haste and didn't really think thru the messages and the reactions they would trigger. I think they're kicking themselves now, thinking, "why didn't I say this instead?" Or "why'd I send that second one to Amber; if I hadn't, I would have bought myself more time..."

Whoever sent them was in a panic, trying to buy time, and trying to eliminate anyone from looking for Katelin on either end - VA or AZ. Jmo

Does anybody else find it odd that she would text that she got to the airport at 2:00 pm, when her flight didn't leave until 5:40 pm?
I don't think that's too weird. We dropped my daughter at airport several hours early a few times. She didn't mind because she was doing things on her laptop and phone. BUT , we dropped her directly at airport.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've seen a few mentions in the thread about similar cases involving people voluntarily going missing. Can anyone give me a few names? I'm still new-ish and only know of runaways. Not quite the same thing. Thank you!

If someone says that she texted me at 12. I would think they mean 12 their own time and not the time of the person that texted. Jmo.

Cell phones are weird. My husband's smart phone always knows what time it is where it is - so messages are sent relative to local time; but if the cell phone is turned off, and someone sends him a message, the "received" time-stamp is when the phone actually receives the message after he powers-up the phone - and NOT when the message was sent by the other party.

Not that this helps the discussion, much.

I wish we knew if these texts were sent BEFORE or AFTER the SD supposedly dropped her at the mall. :waitasec:

I've seen a few mentions in the thread about similar cases involving people voluntarily going missing. Can anyone give me a few names? I'm still new-ish and only know of runaways. Not quite the same thing. Thank you!

Jennifer Wilbanks aka the runaway bride.

After posting and correcting twice, I've looked at the map posted earlier. I blew it way up to see the street names in the area. River Road, east of Rt. 1 travels from William Street west, under Rt. 1 and ends.

Riverside appears to be it's name on the other side of the river and is not directly connected! No wonder I'm confused! LOL! I've been here, in the Falmouth area for over 15 years and it still is confusing!

Even more confusing is that it is neither of those roads. It is state road 618 . The road you use to get to Motts Run Reservoir Recreation Area. River side drive is in fredericksburg city , River road near the 95 exist in falmoth is actually in Stafford ,and the river road Katelins lugagge was found on is a Spotslyvania road.

Hope that helps.

So some kind of timeline:

- Katelin exchanges text with Amber at 12:30PM EST (10:30AM MST)
- Katelin sends last text to Amber and mom at 4:00PM EST (2:00 PM MST) regarding "made it to airport" and "I'm not coming back right now, plans changed"
- Flight scheduled to leave Reagan International (DC) at 5:40PM EST for Las Vegas

Working with 3 different time zones here due to VA, AZ, and the Las Vegas Airport.

I've read the recent discussion here and still stand by this timeline...can someone point out why it wouldn't be correct from the information out there? Unless Amber confused time zones when asked.

[QUOTE=nic
Thank you again for continuing to provide us with all of your help.

"Arriving to the airport 4 hours early for a flight is a bit odd, no?"

Well, also considering the time factored in that it would take to go to the mall and take the Metro to the airport, too.... it seems unlikely to me that she would have been at the airport at that time.

I cant remember - do we know an exact or approximate time SD said he dropped her at the mall?

LE know the number of Katelin's phone, so wouldn't they be able to track where the last message was sent from? If she was still at the ex-stepfather's place, it would look suspicious, but doesn't prove he had anything to do with her disappearance.

He would probably say he had no knowledge of why she sent the message saying she was at the airport, as they didn't leave his place for the airport/mall until shortly after 2:00pm (or words to that effect).

Its really quite simple to be honest. LE knows ALOT more than the have offered us. They don't need the publics help, if I had to guess. If they did they would be asking for more at this time and they are not. Meaning one of two things, a) they already know what's going on no matter the circumstances surrounding it, and are not yet prepared to release their information to anyone.
Or
b) they are still working on the other case in the town that until that one is completely solved ambers is unfortunately on the back burner. Which I find a little unlikely personally. Of course just moo

Its really quite simple to be honest. LE knows ALOT more than the have offered us. They don't need the publics help, if I had to guess. If they did they would be asking for more at this time and they are not. Meaning one of two things, a) they already know what's going on no matter the circumstances surrounding it, and are not yet prepared to release their information to anyone.
Or
b) they are still working on the other case in the town that until that one is completely solved ambers is unfortunately on the back burner. Which I find a little unlikely personally. Of course just moo

I am going with A. I am still looking at SD sideways. I still think it is possible that it was not KA that sent the texts. If it is true that they were sent that early then I highly doubt she was really at the airport when Mom got that text. Especially if she was dropped at the mall. Why would she send Mom a text saying she was at the airport if she was really shopping at the mall at that time? Makes no sense to me.

It is also weird that SD has not reached out to the fiancé. If I dropped a teen off somewhere and they went missing immediately afterwards, I would be speaking to their loved ones trying to help figure out what happened and where they went/who took them. JMO

Okay, thank you- someone asked Amber "was it 2pm your time when you got the last text message?" and she said "yeah"...so that is where I took my information from. No big deal- all good now I think?!

- Katelin exchanges text with Amber at 12:30PM EST (10:30AM MST)
- Katelin sends last text to Amber and mom at 2:00PM EST (12:00 Noon MST) regarding "made it to airport" and "I'm not coming back right now, plans changed"
- Flight scheduled to leave Reagan International (DC) at 5:40PM EST for Las Vegas

Arriving to the airport 4 hours early for a flight is a bit odd, no?

BBM. I've been saying that all day. I find the "I made it to the airport" text coming 3 hours and 40 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave as a big red flag. IMO, The texts were already suspicious, the timing makes them even more so.

I think SD admitted he had Katelin as he said he dropped her off at the mall, but as for proof??? Do you mean a witness?

Either a witness or video, something other than he said/she said. We need to go back to the beginning from the exchange of Katelin from her Mom to her SD. Did this actually happen? This is what I would like proof of first.

You are correct in that SD did say he had Katelin. This story is missing so many pieces available to the public, I am just thinking out of the box given to us.

It is also weird that SD has not reached out to the fiancé. If I dropped a teen off somewhere and they went missing immediately afterwards, I would be speaking to their loved ones trying to help figure out what happened and where they went/who took them. JMO

I hadn't heard this. Seems like it might be awkward to reach out cross-country.

Either a witness or video, something other than he said/she said. We need to go back to the beginning from the exchange of Katelin from her Mom to her SD. Did this actually happen? This is what I would like proof of first.

You are correct in that SD did say he had Katelin. This story is missing so many pieces available to the public, I am just thinking out of the box given to us.

I asked about that the other day, too. It would be great if we could go back to at least Friday of that week and get a timeline of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214