VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. You drop your baby girl off. She immediately goes missing and you stay out of the debacle per your lawyers advice.

There's definitely nothing guilty to see here. I agree with a sarc hug. Lol.

But seriously. I understand what you are saying but maybe he should be more in tears in front of a camera or something. Jmo

The most important thing he can do is answer the police questions honestly, accurately, and fully. That's what I expect from him. Anything more is at his discretion. But many people would advise him to say nothing without an attorney present. That's my point.

The most important thing he can do is answer the police questions honestly, accurately, and fully. That's what I expect from him. Anything more is at his discretion. But many people would advise him to say nothing without an attorney present. That's my point.

But if you want the public to search for your daughter whom was last seen with you. Than maybe you should try to ease the publics mind of the thought that you may have done something.

If the public thinks the stepfather probably killed her. Than the public would not search with the hopes that she's still alive. Now of course family and friends will. But the general public whom usually join in on community searches as well may elect to not give it 100% if they think the silent stepdad has probably disposed of her body or something. Jmo

Now I don't know if Wes Hadsell actually murdered AJ. But I did respect his efforts at first to lead the charge. Even though it seemed bs after a while.

So if Wes told me that we are searching north today. I would have said. Okay Wes; I will be searching south instead. Lol.

Agree. He should have been leading a search from the drop point with every family member passing out fliers while telling store owners to please hold any video footage of that day.

Why start a search near the luggage when you know where you dropped her off at. Jmo.

If the relationships are strained and people are suspicious I can understand why he would want to avoid mingling and why they might not want him around.

But if you want the public to search for your daughter whom was last seen with you. Than maybe you should try to ease the publics mind of the thought that you may have done something.

If the public thinks the stepfather probably killed her. Than the public would not search with the hopes that she's still alive. Now of course family and friends will. But the general public whom usually join in on community searches as well may elect to not give it 100% if they think the silent stepdad has probably disposed of her body or something. Jmo

Now I don't know if Wes Hadsell actually murdered AJ. But I did respect his efforts at first to lead the charge. Even though it seemed bs after a while.

So if Wes told me that we are searching north today. I would have said. Okay Wes; I will be searching south instead. Lol.

Step-daughter, though I know in some families it doesn't make a difference. I don't know their history. But this isn't up to him. I don't want to defend the guy because we're not friends or anything, and I'm not convinced he's not hiding something, but it might be the family telling him he's done enough now please back off and let us find our daughter.

Do you really think people would hesitate to help if they assume he did it because he's not showing up? I'm seriously asking, because if I were there his lack of participation wouldn't stop me from helping her family. I hope you're wrong and no one is shrugging it off for that reason.

Agree. Le would have mentioned the time of mall if they wanted people to come forward and say I seen her after the supposed drop off.

Where's wavy kid when you need him.

Wavy kid lmao. I almost choked on my diet coke.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Lol I laughed so hard on the inside when I saw this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Step-daughter, though I know in some families it doesn't make a difference. I don't know their history. But this isn't up to him. I don't want to defend the guy because we're not friends or anything, and I'm not convinced he's not hiding something, but it might be the family telling him he's done enough now please back off and let us find our daughter.

Do you really think people would hesitate to help if they assume he did it because he's not showing up? I'm seriously asking, because if I were there his lack of participation wouldn't stop me from helping her family. I hope you're wrong and no one is shrugging it off for that reason.

Lol. Someone doesn't want a present this year. Lol. Disagreeing with the beloved Dexter is a Websleuth cardinal sin. Lol. And you're 2 for 2. Lmao.

But seriously. I do agree that sometimes it's best to know when people don't want your help. Especially since you did enough by not doing a simple task of getting your stepdaughter to the airport or metro.

So I do agree with both sides of how he may feel and why he may not be talking to the public.

So no worries. Santa will still be coming to Canada. Lol. But the presents may be of lesser value now. Lol. Hugs with a side order of I'm just messing around.

Lol. Someone doesn't want a present this year. Lol. Disagreeing with the beloved Dexter is a Websleuth cardinal sin. Lol. And you're 2 for 2. Lmao.

But seriously. I do agree that sometimes it's best to know when people don't want your help. Especially since you did enough by not doing a simple task of getting your stepdaughter to the airport or metro.

So I do agree with both sides of how he may feel and why he may not be talking to the public.

So no worries. Santa will still be coming to Canada. Lol. But the presents may be of lesser value now. Lol. Hugs with a side order of I'm just messing around.

I will never happen again. I swear.

Now tell me who is wavy kid please. :)

eta the BBM: Oh yeah, he screwed up and I'm sure he's heard about it. That's where I get the "Haven't you done enough?" part.

Lol I laughed so hard on the inside when I saw this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Wavy and Smokey definitely saved Wes at the beginning. But the half an hour stare down at the only gas station with no cameras during lunch time before getting reamed on by his boss for being late due to him receiving thumbs up emojis. Was definitely the give away. Jmo.

eta the BBM: Oh yeah, he screwed up and I'm sure he's heard about it. That's where I get the "Haven't you done enough?" part.

BBM: I'm dying to know also!!

There is a case in VA (Anjelica Hadsell / Wesly Hadsell) of a stepdaughter who went missing while last being seen by stepdad at a gas station with no cameras while on her college break.

But it was stated that she was supposedly seen after the gas station meet up by a neighbor kid who waved at her while she was driving by. So we called him wavy kid. Especially since wavy news did a lot of the coverage.

Now it seemed like Wavy wasn't sure of the day. But Wes Hadsell made sure that wavy mentioned his sighting to LE with the hopes of an alibi or something.

So this is why I said where is Wavy kid when you need him since Katelin hasn't been seen since leaving stepdad at the only spot of a mall that didn't have cameras.

Btw. Anjelica was found abandoned at a property that stepdad frequented by for work purposes. Her cause of death was acute heroin poison. The stepfather had got caught with heroin residue in his hotel along with phone pings that anjelica or her phone was at the hotel at some point. But since they can't totally get him for murder at this point. The feds are crucifying him for being a felon who got caught with ammunition during a hotel search.

So he is still in jail and facing big federal time until the government can link him to Anjelica overdose or disposal of her body.

This is just really strange to me this whole case...I mean when you look at a case like Heather Ciccone's by comparison you can see the logic in not hearing anything for a while as they are waiting on evidence, have already executed warrants, and she is (unfortunately) deceased and that is known. But the fact as far as we the public and seemingly also the family know this is still a MISSING PERSON and I just totally don't understand not hearing a single peep whatsoever from any official source for this long...for the possibility KA is out there and there appears to be no kind of organized search or information from ANYWHERE is absolutely baffling to me. This is now just another week going by with NOTHING and she still may be out there. I just don't see this as a place where LE wouldn't be pulling out all the stops to find this girl unless they really know something definitive but if they do why not tell the public something-anything?? I just don't get it. I welcome any thoughts if you can help me imagine a logical option...

This is just really strange to me this whole case...I mean when you look at a case like Heather Ciccone's by comparison you can see the logic in not hearing anything for a while as they are waiting on evidence, have already executed warrants, and she is (unfortunately) deceased and that is known. But the fact as far as we the public and seemingly also the family know this is still a MISSING PERSON and I just totally don't understand not hearing a single peep whatsoever from any official source for this long...for the possibility KA is out there and there appears to be no kind of organized search or information from ANYWHERE is absolutely baffling to me. This is now just another week going by with NOTHING and she still may be out there. I just don't see this as a place where LE wouldn't be pulling out all the stops to find this girl unless they really know something definitive but if they do why not tell the public something-anything?? I just don't get it. I welcome any thoughts if you can help me imagine a logical option...

I couldn't agree more! I would think there would be someone in the family or even a friend that would be pulling out all the stops to organize searches. We haven't heard of anything organized by LE or family. I don't get it.

It seems like the local government in Heather case doesn't want to release the names nor information of the people whom have talked thus far for fear of retaliation.

Now please don't bash me. But once or twice; The thought did cross my mind of a possible relation of the Katelin and Heather case. So sometimes I do wonder things.

But that is common in most sluethers. Jmo

But after seeing the Facebook pages. I truly don't think that heather and katelins cases are are connected Jmo. But it did cross my mind at some point.

It was stated that Katelin's phone is prepaid. So i doubt sm internet usage would be heavy on that phone. Only calls and texts i think.

Plus I'm not sure if it would have great gps technology. But idk what kind of phone nor prepaid svcs she had. Plus idk if you can track those phones via prepaid provider. Idk

It's hard to say what VM is offering, but I believe their renting Sprint Towers. I was on AT&T prepaid AKA (gophone) with my iphone I bought on CR, and getting unlimited talk/text & data for $45.00 a month, but recently I switched to H2o, and now get the same thing (unlimited talk/text/data) for $35.00 a month. You would think AT&T would give the betting deal (odd) since they own the towers, but they don't.

But anyway your right. She was probably just doing a $19.95 per month thing with talk/text. Come to think of it Verizon does same.

Anyway I didn't mean to ramble on here. Please continue Dex. I think you might have been on to something....

There is a case in VA (Anjelica Hadsell / Wesly Hadsell) of a stepdaughter who went missing while last being seen by stepdad at a gas station with no cameras while on her college break.

SRSBM

I don't like these similarities. Not one bit.

It's hard to say what VM is offering, but I believe their renting Sprint Towers. I was on AT&T prepaid AKA (gophone) with my iphone I bought on CR, and getting unlimited talk/text & data for $45.00 a month, but recently I switched to H2o, and now get the same thing (unlimited talk/text/data) for $35.00 a month. You would think AT&T would give the betting deal (odd) since they own the towers, but they don't.

But anyway your right. She was probably just doing a $19.95 per month thing with talk/text. Come to think of it Verizon does same.

Anyway I didn't mean to ramble on here. Please continue Dex. I think you might have been on to something....

A poster upthread suggested that if the phone is known then it could be pinged by the provider data.

So since Katelin's phone was actually registered. Then hopefully the provider svc can help .

from “Memory Man” by David Baldacci:

In the world of the twenty-four-hour news cycle, the Watson family would be sliced and diced to such a degree that no matter what exculpatory facts were revealed later, the truth would never be able to rise above the earlier electronic tsunami.

Just got all caught up!

There are some common things I have noticed in the voluntary disappearance cases I have followed. The people were either underage, and therefore could not just leave, or they were under a lot of pressure (married, family/kids to support, crazy school program). From the outside looking in I see a young lady who is of age to come and go as she pleases, yet still young enough to not have major responsibilities. She's technically still single, no kids to support, not living near stressful family. There are high pressure school programs with high dropout/failure rates but Cosmetology School is not one of them. The thought of someone disappearing themselves over beauty school is absurd to me. I hope no one takes offense to that comment, as I mentioned in a previous thread, I am a hair stylist myself and it's been a lucrative career for me, but it is what it is. I'm just not feeling this angle.

If step Dad dropped her off and he's telling the truth, then I expect there should be video surveillance from the mall or SD should have seen her hop in another car and drive away almost immediately IMO. I'm assuming this was a small blind spot from the cameras that he supposedly dropped her off at, not a black hole vortex. So where is she?

The text messages aren't all that vexing to me, we've seen them before, the perp trying to buy time but the family always has the gut feeling that it's not their loved one. These are people who think it's logical to murder for whatever reason, so expecting them to use sound logic is futile. To be honest, the text to the fiance could have worked on me. I am very shy and may very well have held off on contacting my guys Mom if I got a text like that. I might have wanted to hold off to find out what the issue was before freaking out.

I'm not one to grab a pitchfork and I won't throw anyone under the bus without more information, but any time I raise my eyebrow at the story of the last person to see the missing person, it has not turned out well. That's all I have to say about that.

I also want to add that in almost EVERY single case I have followed there are comments as to why we aren't getting more information, and why are they holding their cards so close to their vests, don't they want to find her???? etc etc etc. EVERY single case we say this. When LE isn't talking it's because they simply don't need to. Either they really do have info that she is missing voluntarily or they know exactly what happened and need to find a body and or collect more evidence. The only time they talk is when they are desperate and have nothing at all.

I feel so bad when I know family is reading because our theories and speculation seems so cold, the intentions are well though and I pray for Katelin and her fiance/family. I hope the theory I lean towards is wrong.

Just got all caught up!

RSBM for space, but this entire post is yes. Jbelle your insight is brilliant. Side note, the mobile site needs the Thanks button.

My own piece of minor input (please don't start a massive discussion on it again, I think we've gone over it enough, but just for information's sake) I am of an age with Katelin and grew up in an area without metros, with a mother who insists that if you're early you're on time. I ALWAYS aim to arrive at the airport 2 hours before my flight, because traffic is unpredictable and the security line might be long and you never know when two hours early can become the difference between making your flight or not. It was mentioned that Katelin had never (or rarely) taken the metro before that day. Personally, faced with a situation like that, I would have asked to be dropped off early to allow myself cushion time, since I'd have no idea what the metro would do to my time and I'd be nervous as well. It is absolutely not at all surprising or unusual to me that she might be at the airport by 2 for a 5:40 flight.

Now, that has no bearing on whether or not I believe she was at the airport. But I wanted to get that out there.

A poster upthread suggested that if the phone is known then it could be pinged by the provider data.

So since Katelin's phone was actually registered. Then hopefully the provider svc can help .

I totally agree. The phone number would be tied to the ESN/IMEID for that phone. Having that last ping would really shine some light. If that last ping showed the phone was in the Springfield area, and if it was several hours after SD returned home; then that would be significant to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme