VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm remembering the video correctly it seemed to be more of a country road and not a place where you would see homeless people wandering around. I don't think that's how her luggage ended up where it did or why some items are missing from the bag.

If I'm remembering the video correctly it seemed to be more of a country road and not a place where you would see homeless people wandering around. I don't think that's how her luggage ended up where it did or why some items are missing from the bag.

If found the location on Google maps and it is very rural. One side of the street is all trees, and the other side has private homes that are set on acreage. It looked like any back country road here in NC.

I remember a local on here stating that there this was near some homeless were known to gather. If that is true, that would be another indicator that the suitcase was put there by someone familiar with the area. That is, it was put there in hope that one of them would go through it and compromise the evidence.

BBM. I've been saying that all day. I find the "I made it to the airport" text coming 3 hours and 40 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave as a big red flag. IMO, The texts were already suspicious, the timing makes them even more so.

Well, if Kaitlin had made "other" plans that were unbeknownst to her Mom (and Amber), doesn't it make sense for her to lie to her mother and say she was at the airport?

I've never had difficulty with reception going up I-95 and when I've been riding with others going to DC on business they never had problems either. East of there on Hwy 301 or south of there on Hwy 17 I've had areas with no reception, but not on the I-95 corridor.

What is cell reception like between SD's home and the mall/Metro/airport areas? What about nearby areas?

I only ask, because we're assuming her phone had been shut off immediately after sending the texts, but what if she was just out of cell coverage area? My phone goes straight to voicemail at our house unless my phone is sitting on the windowsill upstairs. I can send texts from lots of areas in our house though.

Neither have I. I have verizon. Only places you tend to run into service issues is on the back country roads, mostly through woodsy areas and many times occurring in the "dips" or valleys between steeply sloped back roads.

Somebody local mentioned that there is a homeless camp of sorts near where the suitcase was found.

Neither have I. I have verizon. Only places you tend to run into service issues is on the back country roads, mostly through woodsy areas and many times occurring in the "dips" or valleys between steeply sloped back roads.

Verizon service is reliable in almost all parts of the county. It is VM and sprint that are not. I switched plans because of this. I hate verizon but it covers where others dont. If you never had sprint or VM you would think everything was covered and it just isn't true.I cant speak on AT&T never had that.

This is just really strange to me this whole case...I mean when you look at a case like Heather Ciccone's by comparison you can see the logic in not hearing anything for a while as they are waiting on evidence, have already executed warrants, and she is (unfortunately) deceased and that is known. But the fact as far as we the public and seemingly also the family know this is still a MISSING PERSON and I just totally don't understand not hearing a single peep whatsoever from any official source for this long...for the possibility KA is out there and there appears to be no kind of organized search or information from ANYWHERE is absolutely baffling to me. This is now just another week going by with NOTHING and she still may be out there. I just don't see this as a place where LE wouldn't be pulling out all the stops to find this girl unless they really know something definitive but if they do why not tell the public something-anything?? I just don't get it. I welcome any thoughts if you can help me imagine a logical option...

I don't participate in SM so I don't know what's being said by her mom or Amber on Facebook. Have either of them or Katelin's sister been saying anything? I can't help but notice that Amber hasn't posted here in eight days. She posted four times and we haven't heard from her since. Could this mean that LE has provided Katelin's mother with satisfactory evidence that Katelin is okay and is away on her own accord?

I remember a local on here stating that there this was near some homeless were known to gather. If that is true, that would be another indicator that the suitcase was put there by someone familiar with the area. That is, it was put there in hope that one of them would go through it and compromise the evidence.

Do you happen to know who wrote it, or where that post might be? I'd love more information on the exact spot her luggage was found.

I don't participate in SM so I don't know what's being said by her mom or Amber on Facebook. Have either of them or Katelin's sister been saying anything? I can't help but notice that Amber hasn't posted here in eight days. She posted four times and we haven't heard from her since. Could this mean that LE has provided Katelin's mother with satisfactory evidence that Katelin is okay and is away on her own accord?

Yesterday Amber said that she hasn't heard anything new from the detective.

There's homeless camps every where. I live in bfe and there's a homeless camps in a few places less people that will harass you.

I'm new here and had a question for the seasoned "sleuthers", if you would:

Have you seen other situations like this where LE discourages a neighborhood search (where suitcase was found, in this case) so as not to disturb potential "crime scene", yet it doesn't appear LE returned to the same area to re-search it themselves? Media silence, and then the comments on "corroborating" that a vehicle was in the area (mall) but nothing further?

Being at the 2 week mark, the family is still frantic for information but no new reports. I agree w/ other comments that LE must know a lot more than they are telling, but at what point do they tell the family what they know? And the lack of media updates in a potential abduction case, does this typically mean they know where the person is? There must be a reason they're not asking the community to search, or running updates on local news - all without a POI, so in your experience, what does this mean?

IMO I don't believe anything nefarious happened with Katelin. She might have wanted other things without the pressure of her gf or parents. She might have felt that she couldn't make any of her own decisions in her own life w/o lectures or someone second guessing her. Katelin might have second guessed her life without wanting to explain herself to anyone, and then poof less than a day later she's reported missing (causing her to freak).

What I'm saying is she might have wanted space without explaining herself to anyone.

She could be freaking out right now because she might have not known this would of happened (get reported missing)and doesn't know how to get out of the situation. This is what I'm hoping this is what I want to believe.

Do you happen to know who wrote it, or where that post might be? I'd love more information on the exact spot her luggage was found.

I don't remember who said it or when. But in 70+ pages it might be tough to find now. If I have time later I might look back for it.

So, in the case of someone who wanted to disappear, do they typically tell the family what they've found (not where the person is, but what led them to this conclusion) and then close the case? Or does it just stay open forever? I truly don't know... (Thanks!)

Verizon service is reliable in almost all parts of the county. It is VM and sprint that are not. I switched plans because of this. I hate verizon but it covers where others dont. If you never had sprint or VM you would think everything was covered and just isn't true.I cant speak on AT&T never had that.

Ha! And Sprint is who I happen to have! But you're right, when driving on Hwy 301 btw I-95 and Maryland, I've had no coverage, but a passenger in my vehicle with Verizon did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20