VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she did maybe leave her clothing, and a homeless person found it and carried it away?

I wonder if she did maybe leave her clothing, and a homeless person found it and carried it away?

I also wonder if the luggage/bags were thrown from a vehicle. That would allow items to scatter and maybe as you said, someone picked items up.

[QUOTE=nic

Not sure why I can't quote you nic, but thank you for your insight. Has Amber been in contact with anyone in Katelins family anytime recently?

I hate bringing it up but perhaps someone took items of clothing because they feared that DNA evidence could have been found on those items? Or maybe they haven't been found since they were scattered, which I doubt if they grid searched. Or maybe I am wrong and she did go on her own and took a few items, or maybe someone wanted it too look that way?

Does anyone know what specific clothing she was seen in when her mom dropped her off? Maybe, she had those clothes stripped of her and the others were discarded or burned or buried as to eliminate trace evidence or DNA. JMO

I hate bringing it up but perhaps someone took items of clothing because they feared that DNA evidence could have been found on those items? Or maybe they haven't been found since they were scattered, which I doubt if they grid searched. Or maybe I am wrong and she did go on her own and took a few items, or maybe someone wanted it too look that way?
We must be having ESP, posted relatively the same post at the same time.

Food for thought.

What if she had no clothes with her in the suitcase.
What if it was just a ruse to make everyone think she was going to the airport.

I'm kind of wondering why she had recently gotten a Virgin Mobile prepaid phone, actually. Did her own recently break? Or was she planning something? I don't know why she'd intentionally run away from what seems like a nice, happy future life, though..

I don't think I've heard it mentioned, but perhaps it WAS that nice, happy, future life that she was running away from.

Going on the info that SD is not a suspect since LE was able to verify through surveillance cameras his account of events, can we come to any other conclusion than Katelin was dropped off at the mall?

If he dropped her somewhere else (and he's not involved with her disappearance), then he has no reason to lie.

So assuming this to be true, why did Katelin want to go to the mall? Was she meeting someone? I wonder if LE has checked her social media accounts, email, texts, etc. to see if she had any contact with someone about meeting at the mall.

If she went inside the mall, wouldn't she show up on surveillance? I'm assuming since LE hasn't released any info about this that she didn't actually go inside the mall.

So where does that leave us? Other than with a missing Katelin.

Going on the info that SD is not a suspect since LE was able to verify through surveillance cameras his account of events, can we come to any other conclusion than Katelin was dropped off at the mall?

If he dropped her somewhere else (and he's not involved with her disappearance), then he has no reason to lie.

So assuming this to be true, why did Katelin want to go to the mall? Was she meeting someone? I wonder if LE has checked her social media accounts, email, texts, etc. to see if she had any contact with someone about meeting at the mall.

If she went inside the mall, wouldn't she show up on surveillance? I'm assuming since LE hasn't released any info about this that she didn't actually go inside the mall.

Maybe she never went inside the mall because she met up with someone who was there in a car.

Maybe she never went inside the mall because she met up with someone who was there in a car.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. The more I consider the possibilities, the more it seems as though she chose to disappear. Something could have happened to her after she got in the car with someone, but I'm leaning towards it being her choice.

So, I've gone round and round with the thing about Katelin's clothes being missing. At first I was thinking that maybe they were removed from the suitcase because if she disappeared herself voluntarily, maybe she was with someone who had the means to pay for her and she wouldn't be needing the stuff that was left in the suitcase, but she would be needing her clothes for the time being.

Then, later... my thoughts went to other more sick and sinister thoughts.... like maybe someone did take her- but they wanted her clothing as souvenirs or something, or maybe they wanted to be able to wear them themselves (or something of that nature, who knows... I'm just thinking that people who kidnap other people probably have other mental issues, too.)

But just now... I was on a couple of different websites looking up reports on Katelin being missing and all of the sudden it hit me--- what if her clothing was actually removed from her suitcase so that it couldn't be used by police dogs to trace her scent??

(Maybe it doesn't really matter, but I'm just trying to put pieces of the puzzle together... and this has been bothering me since her suitcase was found last Monday.)

Also, I wonder why nobody has asked Amber for any of Katelin's clothing (or other personal belongings) to be used for that purpose??

I suppose that if it was Katelin who took the clothes, she needed them (everyone needs a change of clothes), and if it was an abductor, they could have wanted to leave the impression that Katelin took them.

But none of this really makes sense.

I don't understand why Katelin would discard any of these items:
Luggage: Probably not too bulky or cumbersome, as it was a tote on wheels, so why ditch it?
Phone charger: Why take the phone and leave the charger?
Wallet: Her id and credit cards were still in the wallet and most people need these. It would draw more attention to herself, if she tried to replace id and credit cards at some point. They are small enough items to keep, and why ditch the wallet - is she going somewhere where she doesn't need money?
Old glasses: if these were her spare glasses, in case her regular ones broke, then why would she leave them behind?

Nic, do you know if she bought new glasses on her trip, and that's why she had two pairs, or did she take the old glasses with her, in case her regular ones got broken and she wouldn't be able to see?

I find the glasses especially disturbing, because if you wear glasses and carry around a spare pair, you are not going to just dump them.

Maybe she went to buy a backpack.

BBM: The problem is that LE never said they had verified his story. They also said they could not verify Katelin ever left Spotsylvania. They have no evidence Katelin was at the mall and they only said they could verify SD was in the "area" of the mall at the time he claimed. (however, they haven't said how they verified that) They can't verify Katelin was with him. It's these strange comments by LE that have be baffled.

BBM: The problem is that LE never said they had verified his story. They also said they could not verify Katelin ever left Spotsylvania. They have no evidence Katelin was at the mall and they only said they could verify SD was in the "area" of the mall at the time he claimed. (however, they haven't said how they verified that) They can't verify Katelin was with him. It's these strange comments by LE that have be baffled.

Yeah it's so tricky to figure out the exact meaning of what they actually know. I hear what you're saying. I was going by this tweet: https://twitter.com/ABC7Stephen/status/674655081577504772?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

But really, if they only saw his vehicle at the mall, that doesn't mean he was inside that vehicle. Someone else could have been driving it as a ruse.

I believe it was reported that his vehicle was seen in the area of the mall. There haven't been any verified sightings of Katelin.

It may be that he went to a gas station, as they usually have cameras. Either after dropping Katelin off (or possibly trying to establish an alibi). We don't really know where he was, only that he was in the area, so it could be that either the camera only got his licence plate and not the occupant/s, or he was the only occupant at that particular time.

Food for thought.

What if she had no clothes with her in the suitcase.
What if it was just a ruse to make everyone think she was going to the airport.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does anyone know what is missing from Kaitlin's suitcase? Did someone help her pack? Did someone pack for her? Unless someone knew how much money she had altogether, how would anyone know if all her money was left in her wallet or if some of it is missing?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does anyone know what is missing from Kaitlin's suitcase? Did someone help her pack? Did someone pack for her? Unless someone knew how much money she had altogether, how would anyone know if all her money was left in her wallet or if some of it is missing?

Presumably her family saw what she was wearing during her stay, and those items are now missing. Also, her fiancé would probably know what she took, either by seeing her pack, or knowing what was left behind.

I suppose that if it was Katelin who took the clothes, she needed them (everyone needs a change of clothes), and if it was an abductor, they could have wanted to leave the impression that Katelin took them.

But none of this really makes sense.

I don't understand why Katelin would discard any of these items:
Luggage: Probably not too bulky or cumbersome, as it was a tote on wheels, so why ditch it?
Phone charger: Why take the phone and leave the charger?
Wallet: Her id and credit cards were still in the wallet and most people need these. It would draw more attention to herself, if she tried to replace id and credit cards at some point. They are small enough items to keep, and why ditch the wallet - is she going somewhere where she doesn't need money?
Old glasses: if these were her spare glasses, in case her regular ones broke, then why would she leave them behind?

Nic, do you know if she bought new glasses on her trip, and that's why she had two pairs, or did she take the old glasses with her, in case her regular ones got broken and she wouldn't be able to see?

I find the glasses especially disturbing, because if you wear glasses and carry around a spare pair, you are not going to just dump them.

If she left on her own and the suitcase was planted by her, it doesn't make sense to me. However....
If someone planted the suitcase, they might have left the charger by accident or in a rush to dump the suitcase didn't see it.
If a homeless person took the time to go through the bag for clothes, they would have taken the wallet. I had a gym locker broken into once and an acquaintance as well and both times the thief grabbed the wallet. Both times the wallet was found in a trash can nearest a bathroom stall with money taken out. Someone would have grabbed Katelin's wallet, taken where they could have gone through it and discarded it. That didn't happen here and I believe there was some cash still in the suitcase.
And what was her wallet doing in the suitcase? Was it carry-on luggage? Still I would have thought she would have had it with her separate from the suitcase.
Spare glasses? Did she wear contacts? Or she wore glasses and these were just a spare pair?

This looks too much like someone other than Katelin put the bag there. Whoever did it may have tried to not to handle much in the bag - like the charger or the wallet - in order to avoid leaving touch DNA on them if they were found later or inside the bag. They took the clothes and that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214