VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a techy person, but I'd assume my every move at a mall would be on camera. Iow, I cant see her choosing the mall as a planned escape in thinking that there are no cameras. I'd think there were plenty of cams... dressing rooms... everywhere... entrances/exits especially.

Why isn't she on camera there, even in the parking lot getting out of the car? There was no cam pointing at her when she exited the car? HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

I think she is not missing by choice. I wonder if LE examined any video of the mall or if the family, too, had the opportunity to search for her on any cameras/vids. A family member would recognize gait and gestures and posture immediately imo even if the hair and clothes were different.

I find that incredible. How many young blonde ladies are going to be walking through the mall pulling or carrying luggage? If she stopped to buy something or even look in a store you would think there would be tips called from those who saw her. I hope there are posters of her all through the mall.

Daily Mail picks up a ton of U.S. crime stories.

The article by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed on the public page has some pretty big (in my opinion) factual errors in it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so!

I find that incredible. How many young blonde ladies are going to be walking through the mall pulling or carrying luggage? If she stopped to buy something or even look in a store you would think there would be tips called from those who saw her. I hope there are posters of her all through the mall.

Ditto this! My thoughts exactly! And I assume that there should be from when the family was there passing out fliers with help from save the next girl

From personal experience, most corporate owned/chain stores will not let you put posters up in their windows, at their counters, etc. We covered a 200+ store mall once and not one store was allowed to put up our posters even though the missing person was last seen near that mall. Its company policy. Even a local WalMart wouldn't put up a local woman's missing poster because it has to come from their corporate office.

Handing fliers out in parking lots, getting them on pizza delivery boxes, standing on corners with big posters...those things are more productive. I believe at least the first two happened in Katelin's case.

From personal experience, most corporate owned/chain stores will not let you put posters up in their windows, at their counters, etc. We covered a 200+ store mall once and not one store was allowed to put up our posters even though the missing person was last seen near that mall. Its company policy. Even a local WalMart wouldn't put up a local woman's missing poster because it has to come from their corporate office.

Handing fliers out in parking lots, getting them on pizza delivery boxes, standing on corners with big posters...those things are more productive. I believe at least the first two happened in Katelin's case.

My daughters work is still putting them on their pizza boxes and we've been able to put them up at truck stops and gas stations along I-95, I still have quitea few left as I haven't been able to get farther north on 95 yet (life definitely gets busy! ) I do need to correct myself, I think the family and save the next girl was at hobby lobby in spotsy handing out fliers, not at the mall . Oh, and just some FYI about putting fliers at Walmart. ..no its not allowed BUT if a missing person is listed with National Center for Missing and Exploited children, Walmart management CAN print that case out and put it on their board! You just have to go in and ask them to do it! My husband's store and 2 others have Katelin's up on their boards 😊

That's awesome! You are doing a great job keeping fliers in the public's eye.

That's awesome! You are doing a great job keeping fliers in the public's eye.
Thank you, we're definitely trying! She's around my daughters ages, so I just can't imagine having one of them go missing 😕

Same question, different day.........................Where are you, Katelin?

Really wish LE would have a presser and state the actual facts. Some of the main questions I have are :
1. If she is believed to be missing after supposedly being dropped off at the mall, why is she then missing from Spotsylvania?
2. In regards to her luggage, we've seen several different stories of the condition of the luggage when found :
Version 1: contents scattered, some clothing missing. cell charger, old glasses and plane ticket from VA to NV found with luggage.
Version 2: luggage intact, nothing scattered, no clothes at all found. Cell charger, old glasses and plane ticket from NV to VA found within luggage.
(Or other versions that contain these statements in different order )

3. If LE believes that she is missing voluntarily because of messages, etc on her Facebook accts, then why would they also state that her disappearance is suspicious?

4. I've noticed that in other missing cases, LE has searched all last known places that the missing person was before disappearing and the surrounding area, why in this case did they only search three places (and not very extensively ) , but not the other two?

I have a ton more questions, but these 4 are my top ones that I would hope LE would clarify.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ounds-missing-Arizona-teen-Kaitlin-Akens.html

snipped from the beginning of the article

Mystery surrounds missing Arizona teen who disappeared on her way to the airport two months ago
Kaitlin Akens, 19, was supposed to catch a flight from Virginia to Arizona
She texted her mom that she made it to the airport, but never boarded flight
Her suitcase was then found 45 miles away from where she was last seen
Inside was her bank card, ID, wallet, cash, glasses and the plane ticket
But missing were the teen's clothes and her cell phone
Akens' family said they haven't heard from her since her final text
Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office is treating her disappearance as suspicious

The BBM is something that makes no sense to me. Why is the clothing and the cell phone the only things missing from the suitcase? Whomever dumped the suitcase was certainly not trying to take the identification of who the suitcase belonged to out of it. IOW, that person wanted anyone finding the suitcase to know who it belonged to.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes any sense here. I am almost inclined to believe Katelin is no longer alive. I hate to think that but surely she would have gotten in touch with at least her sister judging her past behavior of the two texting every day.

JMO

[/B]

The BBM is something that makes no sense to me. Why is the clothing and the cell phone the only things missing from the suitcase? Whomever dumped the suitcase was certainly not trying to take the identification of who the suitcase belonged to out of it. IOW, that person wanted anyone finding the suitcase to know who it belonged to.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes any sense here. I am almost inclined to believe Katelin is no longer alive. I hate to think that but surely she would have gotten in touch with at least her sister judging her past behavior of the two texting every day.

JMO

Unfortunately, I have to agree. From what we've read about her, she doesn't seem to be the type that could go this long without contacting someone. ��

It just amazes me that people would purposely go missing around the Christmas holidays.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. From what we've read about her, she doesn't seem to be the type that could go this long without contacting someone. ��

I have that feeling, too, that she may not be with us anymore .... but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I'm baffled as all of you are.

I have that feeling, too, that she may not be with us anymore .... but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I'm baffled as all of you are.

I really have no idea when it comes to Katelin; I'm baffled. But I do have a nagging feeling that won't go away that says this may be a suicide. If I was going to kill myself, I suppose I'd want to buy time before anyone's looking for me and look at my pictures in my phone one last time. I really don't know...

Thinking of Katelin tonight as well. Nagging feeling, that one photo, nothing else to support the feeling, but if Katelin was seeing someone else, a male, and became pregnant, I wonder how she would handle that situation? I don't know, because I don't know Katelin. But I do wonder. JMO, as photos can be deceiving!!!

Second thought, the one I lean a bit further to, why the silence? If the motive was to calm things down so Katelin could get in contact with LE or family, and resume life without a huge media deal, it hasn't worked thus far, and I don't think it's going to work.

Katelin is more courageous than I am. I couldn't have left my parents to go to another state. Especially at such a young age. Heck in my 40's I don't want to leave my parents and move away. But I realize people are different. Two of my siblings do live in a different state. Both left for reasons. I wonder if Katelin left for a reason as well, or just jumped at the opportunity to explore new places. Did she visit VA frequently? Was she homesick? Or had she become settled in her new area, and thriving in life? Had her family visited her since she moved? Likely we'll never know the answers to these questions. Hopefully LE has those answers and maybe it will help them view Katelin as the individual she is, and what choices she likely would make based on past experiences in her life.

While many people have left their present lifestyle, and left behind all friends and family, very few do we ever know if they are still voluntarily missing, or something happened after they left. For family or friends trying to find someone that may have left voluntarily, it must be difficult not knowing why they left, or if they are still voluntarily living a new life.

A few cases we've seen on here that the person did show up years later, sometimes with same name, usually in a different state, were able to successfully move on with their lives. The devastation path they left not considered. Then some have limited contact with family throughout the years, and go missing, and no one knows they are truly missing. Like the lady in California that ended up at a hospital, thought she was from Australia, but was from the USA and her family didn't even know she was missing. She had amnesia.

Lastly, the theory I hate the most, yet feel the strongest about, Katelin is no longer alive. I sincerely hope I am wrong!! I want to hear LE say they saw her somewhere on a video, or a witness that talked to her, and it can be proved she was at "THIS PLACE" at "THIS TIME" and was OK! I don't think we've heard that so far.

Whatever work is going on behind the scenes, I hope LE is able to locate Katelin!!!

I don't understand why this has gone so quiet. Either there's evidence that she is missing voluntarily or not. Either there's evidence that she made it to the mall or not.
In other cases I've seen, when there are no leads after awhile, there's usually some kind of media push....where's Katelin's?
This has become very bizarre and unfortunately, I believe that other than on here, she's been forgotten and that makes me so sad for her and for the people that love her.

I hope it's like a few other cases I've seen, when it's quiet they've got someone in mind. Just not enough info to arrest, I'm hoping that's what's going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat