VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have those thoughts but keep hoping for better news.

Cici :greetings:

Thanks for the welcome. I don't post often as I don't always feel like I have enough of a grasp of the details on some of these cases... But I just felt so strongly immediately that something bad had happened and I'm sad that all this time on we have no news. And I don't feel in this case that no news is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying that Kaitlin sends a sign for her to be found. I believe she met with tragedy the day she left. I believe the police are trying to gather enough evidence and laying low while they do. My opinion only :(

My sentiments exactly 😕

I live outside the Richmond and northern VA areas and I don't recall see ANY coverage of this at any time in our area. And when I do an internet search there is no recent news to speak of. I don't understand the quiet.

I wonder sometimes if she was picked up by a creepy man and is holed up like the Castro creep who kept the 3 girls for ten years?

Or she was picked up for sex trafficking and could be in another country.

My heart aches for her to be safe.

We won't stop Katelin. You have many strangers thinking and praying for you little lady!

I know he's been cleared but I'm still going back to the step father. I honestly think he knows more than he's letting on.
MOO.

I know he's been cleared but I'm still going back to the step father. I honestly think he knows more than he's letting on.
MOO.

News reports have only stated that it was confirmed that his vehicle had been in the area. MOO, I believe several people have more information than what's being told to the media.

As a UK based person, sometimes I stop and try and remind myself how big the USA is, and therefore how easy it could be for someone to disappear if they wanted too.. But she didn't just say bye, pack and not come home one day. She had plans. Her personal belongings aren't with her, and people close to her don't seem to have consistent stories relating to her disappearance. So then I remember how big the USA is and how easy it must be at times to use foul play to make someone disappear. And my heart sinks.

You're right it's huge lots of empty space. So many places to hide things...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I live outside the Richmond and northern VA areas and I don't recall see ANY coverage of this at any time in our area. And when I do an internet search there is no recent news to speak of. I don't understand the quiet.

I'm so afraid that LE has written it off as a voluntary missing person. I desperately hope I'm wrong and that they are quietly continuing to investigate.

On Monday, Akens’ luggage was discovered abandoned in a drainage ditch on River Road in Spotsylvania County near the Fredericksburg city limit.
“Her phone charger, her wallet, it still had her ID, her credit cards, cash, her old glasses and her old plane ticket,” said Katelin’s sister, Gabrielle Akens.
Akens’ family tells 8News that her cell phone goes straight to voice mail when they call it.
“It’s very unusual. She texts me millions of times a day, calls us. It’s unusual for her not to text us,” said Gabrielle Akens.
Captain Pearce calls her disappearance suspicious.
“We’re dealing with this as a missing person right now, but again, suspicious circumstances. We are giving it 100 percent of our investigative effort.”

Sad, sad, sad. :(

Ok Miss Katelin, it's been 3 1/2 mos. Where are you? It's time to go home before we hit 4 mos !😕😣

Someone knows what happened and needs to come forward. This is all too sad and I have a feeling that someone is glad that she's been forgotten 😢 😢

The most recent article I could find. They were supposed to find out where those texts were sent from.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

So now they admit they have no evidence she made it to the mall. They also seem eager to portray the stepfather as innocent and it's odd how he's never been publicly named. This whole case is either being very strategically played or very incompetently played. I really hope there is a strategy going on.

Has the other case in VA where the young lady was shot in her car solved? I believe her name was heather? I know off topic. Just wondering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members