VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this today on Investigation Discovery. How baffling! I live like 5 miles from where she went missing and hadn't heard a peep before that article.

As someone who used to live in CA and came to visit the Alexandria area at least once a year I'm familiar with the metro and the airports. Pretty much on my case the only airports I got picked up and dropped off at were BWI and Dulles, Reagan I always hopped the metro even though door to airport was practically bike ride away. Traffic in this area is horrible. Example, my 15 mile drive to work used to take me a couple of hours and that was over 10 years ago, from friends I've heard it's a lot worse. Driving anywhere towards DC is a nightmare on weekends so taking the metro honestly just makes sense.

Given the side of the mall she would have been dropped off at, I would think the side closest to the Metro I can see there not being cameras around there in places. However, the metro has tons of cameras everywhere.

Hopefully she is found safe and sound but I can't help but wonder based on the lack of local (Springfield/Northern Va) news coverage they don't think she made it to this area or no crime was committed in my neck of the woods.

I just saw this today on Investigation Discovery. How baffling! I live like 5 miles from where she went missing and hadn't heard a peep before that article.

As someone who used to live in CA and came to visit the Alexandria area at least once a year I'm familiar with the metro and the airports. Pretty much on my case the only airports I got picked up and dropped off at were BWI and Dulles, Reagan I always hopped the metro even though door to airport was practically bike ride away. Traffic in this area is horrible. Example, my 15 mile drive to work used to take me a couple of hours and that was over 10 years ago, from friends I've heard it's a lot worse. Driving anywhere towards DC is a nightmare on weekends so taking the metro honestly just makes sense.

Given the side of the mall she would have been dropped off at, I would think the side closest to the Metro I can see there not being cameras around there in places. However, the metro has tons of cameras everywhere.

Hopefully she is found safe and sound but I can't help but wonder based on the lack of local (Springfield/Northern Va) news coverage they don't think she made it to this area or no crime was committed in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for the local info and welcome to the group..

Nothing really recent on the Facebook pages for her. So very sad...

I hope it's like a few other cases I've seen, when it's quiet they've got someone in mind. Just not enough info to arrest, I'm hoping that's what's going on..

You and me both Pappa.

Content not found

I don't know why it's doing that now, but if you facebook search Katelin's name, there is a post by Huffpost on Feb 21st, nothing new, but at least they put something out there

I see there is still no news. I was so sure we would have known something by now.

Where are you, Katelin?

I just can't shake this feeling that Katelin isn't with us anymore and was murdered. All the information just doesn't add up to a runaway or pre-planned disappearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't shake this feeling that Katelin isn't with us anymore and was murdered. All the information just doesn't add up to a runaway or pre-planned disappearance.

That feeling has been with me for a while now. I still can't figure why this wasn't a case for LE where she was dropped off at the mall or why I heard more about their involvement in the case.

Agreed. It's so sad. I just feel like there wasn't enough done in the beginning of her disappearance like searches, major SM pleas, etc. Plus with her girlfriend and her home so far across the country it probably made things a bit harder.

I also have those thoughts but keep hoping for better news.

Cici :greetings:

The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that it seems like girlfriend seems to have alluded that she thinks she might be fine and moved and and so she needs to, as well. Or has that changed by now?

I've had this feeling from the beginning 😕

I keep praying for good news, though any news would be better than what we're getting now.. Why is there nothing from the press?

I keep praying for good news, though any news would be better than what we're getting now.. Why is there nothing from the press?

Nothing at all Pappa 😣 I just don't understand why! There's a young lady who has been missing for 3 months under bizarre circumstances and the media has barely reported anything.

Praying that Kaitlin sends a sign for her to be found. I believe she met with tragedy the day she left. I believe the police are trying to gather enough evidence and laying low while they do. My opinion only :(

As a UK based person, sometimes I stop and try and remind myself how big the USA is, and therefore how easy it could be for someone to disappear if they wanted too.. But she didn't just say bye, pack and not come home one day. She had plans. Her personal belongings aren't with her, and people close to her don't seem to have consistent stories relating to her disappearance. So then I remember how big the USA is and how easy it must be at times to use foul play to make someone disappear. And my heart sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member