VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as well. Not to mention her fiancee saying that she discovered something that has changed the nature of their relationship. It kind of makes me think that she must have said something that alluded to her leaving or had an interest in someone else. Otherwise why would their relationship change?

It's all been very odd. I think there is more to this story. I hope she is safe.
moo
I must have missed what the fiancee said. Could someone please direct me or give me a quick breakdown.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Her find page has recent activity. Sounds like they may be looking at ways to be able to hire a PI. JMO, but this should have been done quite awhile ago. 😕

Her find page has recent activity. Sounds like they may be looking at ways to be able to hire a PI. JMO, but this should have been done quite awhile ago. ��

Agreed, but I hope they do hire a PI. Katelin needs to be found. :candle:

Agreed, but I hope they do hire a PI. Katelin needs to be found. :candle:

Yes, she definitely does. I've thought from the beginning that she didn't disappear voluntarily. It's time for some answers for her loved ones.

Yes, she definitely does. I've thought from the beginning that she didn't disappear voluntarily. It's time for some answers for her loved ones.

Me too Tabirey. Katelin is in my thought often.

Still thinking of you, Katelin. Come home if you can. If not, I hope whoever hurt you is called to account soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a long time to be voluntarily "lost". Hope you are okay, Katelin.

Has her family made any pleas recently for her return?

This case has had some peculiar oddities in it. The biggest one.being LE not wanting the family to do their own searches in the beginning, yet it didn't appear LE was actively searching.

Also, the lack of pleas on television or in the newspaper from either her mother or fiancé seemed off. For that matter, she must have had a close relationship with her step-father to have spent the night with him before he drove her to the airport, but ended up dropping her off at the mall. No pleas from him either.

We WS thought and hoped the family must have received some inside information that Kaitlyn was okay, she had taken off on her own. If that's not the case, this family needs straight answers from LE! Hire a PI and pray for answers. Good Luck!

This case has had some peculiar oddities in it. The biggest one.being LE not wanting the family to do their own searches in the beginning, yet it didn't appear LE was actively searching.

Also, the lack of pleas on television or in the newspaper from either her mother or fiancé seemed off. For that matter, she must have had a close relationship with her step-father to have spent the night with him before he drove her to the airport, but ended up dropping her off at the mall. No pleas from him either.

We WS thought and hoped the family must have received some inside information that Kaitlyn was okay, she had taken off on her own. If that's not the case, this family needs straight answers from LE! Hire a PI and pray for answers. Good Luck!

I have to agree with the oddities, but wanted to correct something, according to interviews early on with Mom by MSM, Katelin didn't sleep over stepdads house. Mom dropped her off there the morning she was leaving out.
I believe the reason that her fiancé wasn't interviewed much was because of location. She lives in AZ and I don't think MSM took this case seriously enough to warrant going there to interview her in person. JMO on that !
I definitely think getting a PI involved is the best step now for the family to get answers. Hopefully that will happen soon !

I do have a question, was it ever stated by LE that they did NOT want the family looking? After the initial information released there wasn't much of anything else other than a lot of back and forth between the two families.

The lack of sheer panic in the public eye for Katelin, on behalf from her side of the family is what made me and still gives me some thought, that maybe she is somewhere that they are aware of. However, at this point in this case I think these answers will now be difficult to find unless it's a glaring lead that LE failed to follow. MOO

I do have a question, was it ever stated by LE that they did NOT want the family looking? After the initial information released there wasn't much of anything else other than a lot of back and forth between the two families.

The lack of sheer panic in the public eye for Katelin, on behalf from her side of the family is what made me and still gives me some thought, that maybe she is somewhere that they are aware of. However, at this point in this case I think these answers will now be difficult to find unless it's a glaring lead that LE failed to follow. MOO

As far as your question goes, not that I can recall. What I do remember is that searches were trying to be organized, but LE stated they weren't necessary due to the ground already having been covered. Don't quote me on that, though.

As far as KA having taken off on her own as the explanation for the family's lack of urgency up to this point, I do agree with you. Perhaps this latest effort to reengage media and organize a PI is a sign of people within the family coming to the realization that Katelin isn't coming back on her own.

I have to agree with the oddities, but wanted to correct something, according to interviews early on with Mom by MSM, Katelin didn't sleep over stepdads house. Mom dropped her off there the morning she was leaving out.
I believe the reason that her fiancé wasn't interviewed much was because of location. She lives in AZ and I don't think MSM took this case seriously enough to warrant going there to interview her in person. JMO on that !
I definitely think getting a PI involved is the best step now for the family to get answers. Hopefully that will happen soon !

Sadly, I think that LE wrote Katelin off as a voluntary missing person as well. This case breaks my heart.

We had the Shannon Burgess case here in Canada. Family (including estranged husband) all attended an initial presser, then family and LE went pretty quiet. WSers were questioning the lack of family involvement, lack of media coverage, etc. Months later, husband was charged after Shannon's body was found buried in the yard ... the same estranged husband who had been at the family presser.

IMO, just because family/LE have gone quiet doesn't necessarily equate to lack of ongoing investigation.

From reading the page, it did seem like LE didn't want people to be sleuthed on social media because they wanted them to cooperate.
The whole thing with the searches does not sit right with me. If it were my son, and 4 months have passed I would go search anyway unless LE gave me an absolute reason not to.
IMO they should be looking into PIs and possibly holding fundraisers to pay for them. Sometimes companies will offer their products for that reason or even donate money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member