VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe there is still no news at all. So sad for you Katelin. You are loved by the websleuth community and we all want you to be safe wherever you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no reason yet to think this is related, seems a long shot... but, it is in the area;

http://patch.com/virginia/centreville/police-body-unidentified-female-found-centreville-pond-0

CENTREVILLE, VA:The body of an unidentified female was pulled from a Centreville pond shortly after 3 p.m on Monday, May 16, according to the Fairfax County Police Department (FCPD).
Police say that shortly after 12 noon on Monday, May 16, officers were called to the 6200 block of Ridge Pond Road for the report of what appeared to be a body in a pond located behind an apartment building.

I'm in two minds about this. I desperately want this not to be Katelin because I want her to be found safe, but given I'm convinced that she is already no longer on this world, it would good for her to be found so whoever took her life can be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no reason yet to think this is related, seems a long shot... but, it is in the area;

http://patch.com/virginia/centreville/police-body-unidentified-female-found-centreville-pond-0

CENTREVILLE, VA:The body of an unidentified female was pulled from a Centreville pond shortly after 3 p.m on Monday, May 16, according to the Fairfax County Police Department (FCPD).
Police say that shortly after 12 noon on Monday, May 16, officers were called to the 6200 block of Ridge Pond Road for the report of what appeared to be a body in a pond located behind an apartment building.

IT's only 19.2 miles between Springfield and Centreville VA according to google. :(

Worth considering, although I think she is voluntary missing. Hate to think this happened to her but all I want is for her to be ok

MOO

Ty for this update Hoosier! My heart goes out to this lady's family.

I can't believe we're going into June and still nothing about Katelin 

I cannot believe how quiet everything has been. I think if LE had a pretty good idea about what happened or who was responsible for her disappearance, we would have heard something by now. Have there been any searches? Are family members still pleading for help? I know there was mention of hiring a PI, but I don't think that's happened yet. How long can someone be voluntarily missing in this day and age and not be found?

If she is voluntarily missing she might not be found for years.

If she is voluntarily missing she might not be found for years.
I have a feeling that is going to be the case.. :( but really thats a good outcome vs what could be! Hopefully sooner than later something will come up with this case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

when it comes right down to it i suppose i cannot say that i have any idea what has happened to katelin.
maybe she never made it to the mall, maybe she was abducted right after being dropped off, maybe she walked off by choice or was met by someone and left with them voluntarily.
i have no clue.

but unless there is some evidence we are not aware of to suggest that she did leave voluntarily, it would be sad to think that the case is being treated that way. and to me it does appear that way.

afaik there is just the one offhand comment by LE that suggests this. and i never felt like that comment was intended to mean what many people thought it did. now i have to go find it again to see if my feeling now matches my recollection...

when it comes right down to it i suppose i cannot say that i have any idea what has happened to katelin.
maybe she never made it to the mall, maybe she was abducted right after being dropped off, maybe she walked off by choice or was met by someone and left with them voluntarily.
i have no clue.

but unless there is some evidence we are not aware of to suggest that she did leave voluntarily, it would be sad to think that the case is being treated that way. and to me it does appear that way.

afaik there is just the one offhand comment by LE that suggests this. and i never felt like that comment was intended to mean what many people thought it did. now i have to go find it again to see if my feeling now matches my recollection...

"Information recovered from her social media accounts and her cellphone records shows that [that may be case]."
http://www.people.com/article/spots...n-michelle-akens-missing-heather-ciccone-dead

IMO "Information recovered" is evidence even if they don't tell me the details. I have found that by and large LE investigators know what they are doing. I take their statement to mean exactly what it says even if I do not want it to be true.

OTOH I do not wish for her to be dead and abducted either.

JMO

why would you not want it to be true that she left and is missing by choice? it is by far the best possible outcome of this case.

i did go back and look at those comments again but i still feel the same as i did when i heard them originally - if they found some solid evidence she intended to disappear purposefully then this situation would have been resolved quickly.

I believe that LE need to update and share more information. I think that's the only way they are going to get anyone, that knows anything, talking. Until LE shares why they originally speculated that she may have been missing voluntarily, I am still of the belief there is foul play involved.

why would you not want it to be true that she left and is missing by choice? it is by far the best possible outcome of this case.

i did go back and look at those comments again but i still feel the same as i did when i heard them originally - if they found some solid evidence she intended to disappear purposefully then this situation would have been resolved quickly.

Exactly! I agree if they actually had strong leads that she planned on disappearing on her own, they would have been able to locate her quickly.
I'm highly interested to know where her phone pinged from when those last texts sent from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member