VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi it's my first time posting on here so i hope im doing this right. On her partners facebook there was a status posted earlier this year approx jan/feb which stated that

if people saw posts about her being single was not because katelin had runaway but rather that she found out personal and hurtful information about her..... Maybe Katelin had a someone else on the side or a potential someonw.

Hi it's my first time posting on here so i hope im doing this right. On her partners facebook there was a status posted earlier this year approx jan/feb which stated that

if people saw posts about her being single was not because katelin had runaway but rather that she found out personal and hurtful information about her..... Maybe Katelin had a someone else on the side or a potential someonw.

Welcome aboard. I hope a poster will provide more clarity to your question.

I just know that if Katelin went missing in Arizona then everyone would expect the fiance to take lead of things.

But the 3000 mile difference makes it hard for the fiance to lead anything.

But I do know that the fiance was suppose to be meeting katelin in Vegas. So obviously the fiance was still in a relationship with Katelin.

But some people could have made the fiance feel like Katelin just didn't want to be bothered. Idk.

It was just a lot of bickering. And no real United front on the find Katelin page.

From reading the page, it did seem like LE didn't want people to be sleuthed on social media because they wanted them to cooperate.
The whole thing with the searches does not sit right with me. If it were my son, and 4 months have passed I would go search anyway unless LE gave me an absolute reason not to. IMO they should be looking into PIs and possibly holding fundraisers to pay for them. Sometimes companies will offer their products for that reason or even donate money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or unless you gave LE a pretty good reason to not need a search? Maybe if you thought or had reason to believe she left of her own volition and then LE found corroborating evidence on her social media that she did. (that SM evidence was actually reported.)

I will look for the link and apologize for not having it handy so,,,

MOO

:welcome4:

Welcome aboard. I hope a poster will provide more clarity to your question.

I just know that if Katelin went missing in Arizona then everyone would expect the fiance to take lead of things.

But the 3000 mile difference makes it hard for the fiance to lead anything.

But I do know that the fiance was suppose to be meeting katelin in Vegas. So obviously the fiance was still in a relationship with Katelin.

But some people could have made the fiance feel like Katelin just didn't want to be bothered. Idk.

It was just a lot of bickering. And no real United front on the find Katelin page.

I would think that any MSM references to the fiancé would be admissible, with a link, but she is a victim as well as are any family and friends.

Although from general information we know what the reference pertains to I do not think it is allowable here. references on the FB 'find' page is ok I think? I will ask a Mod.

Or unless you gave LE a pretty good reason to not need a search? Maybe if you thought or had reason to believe she left of her own volition and then LE found corroborating evidence on her social media that she did. (that SM evidence was actually reported.)

I will look for the link and apologize for not having it handy so,,,

MOO

Sorry for quoting my own post but to clarify with a link;

"We're hoping – and this has happened before – that she simply decided that she wasn't going to go back [to Arizona] and made other arrangements," Pearce says. "Information recovered from her social media accounts and her cellphone records shows that [that may be case]."
http://www.people.com/article/spots...n-michelle-akens-missing-heather-ciccone-dead

As an aside, it has already been debated that "this has happened before" did not mean Katelin but rather other similar cases.

So my only point was that perhaps the mother and Step Dad had some indication that she was acting or speaking in a way that gave them pause, even if they didn't put it together at the time and which was also indicated by whatever evidence LE uncovered in her cell and SM records. We won't know that but we can say all day long that they should be doing more!

Perhaps not though.

Let's not infer then, that the parents are lax in not insisting on those things that we think they should insist on.They are victims too. They likely know things that LE know but will not be shared with me. Sadly.

I feel bad for Katelin and her partner as well as her family.

MOO

I am so frustrated with this case. The bickering and name calling between Katelin's family and friends. And no one doing anything to search or help keep her name out there.

As of Monday on the public FB page it was stated that whoever was in charge of finding a PI was moving, and asked for some links. I'm unsure of who this person is or how/if they are related to Katelin. I don't see it going anywhere. They said a while ago they were looking into a PI and it hasn't happened yet. And I remember discussion about needing funds.

While I think the public could be helpful and donate to offset costs, the family should NOT be relying on the public to fully fund a PI. Just like it should not totally be on the public to be keeping Katelin's name out there in the media. Your sister, daughter, fiancé, friend, cousin is missing. You should be hiring a PI and doing searches and contacting media outlets regardless of what anyone else is doing.

I'm sorry for the rant but I started out so hopeful for Katelin, and now I feel like she's being let down, and that her own kin doesn't even want to put forth the effort to find her.

You are not forgotten Katelin

It doesn't look like there's anything new, not that I can find anyway 😢

This isn't a new article as it is over 2 months old. It was probably on here earlier and I missed it, but when I read it now it did bring to light some things I had not known.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

The People magazine article in December quotes LE as saying they found something in her cellphone and social media accounts that might indicate she left voluntarily. But the Huffington Post article states that LE has not revealed anything they might have found in the social media searches. I had wondered about surveillance cameras in the mall, Metro and the airport and if LE found something but didn't reveal it. The Huffington Post article says LE can't confirm she was in any of those 3 locations.

The People magazine article: http://www.people.com/article/spots...n-michelle-akens-missing-heather-ciccone-dead

This is a long shot, and I saw her case briefly mentioned, but has a connection to the murder of Heather Ciccone been explored at all? Katelin went missing on the 5th, and Heather was shot the night of the 6th. Heather supposedly had a female stalker and was getting death threats, and mentioned on Facebook that a mutual friend was lurking on her SM supposedly at the request of the stalker. Katelin and Heather did have a few mutual friends on Facebook. Where Heather worked, where her body was found in her car, and where Katelin's suitcase were found were all within a few miles of each other. Could just be a coincidence...

This is a long shot, and I saw her case briefly mentioned, but has a connection to the murder of Heather Ciccone been explored at all? Katelin went missing on the 5th, and Heather was shot the night of the 6th. Heather supposedly had a female stalker and was getting death threats, and mentioned on Facebook that a mutual friend was lurking on her SM supposedly at the request of the stalker. Katelin and Heather did have a few mutual friends on Facebook. Where Heather worked, where her body was found in her car, and where Katelin's suitcase were found were all within a few miles of each other. Could just be a coincidence...

They ruled this out way in the beginning.

The police only ever said that there was no "apparent" connection. But I cannot find any official word saying that it was ruled out. I have long wondered about these two cases. Supposedly in Heathers case they knew who was harassing her...yet no arrest? Nothing? Somehow I feel they could be related

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've wondered too if they are connected.

Seriously that links blocked. Whatever. Must be such a horrible website then but I can understand why(people lie after all) Anyways someone's trying to raise money for a private investigator. You can find the link on one of the Facebook pages.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

A connection was discussed or at least commented on several months ago but for some reason it was deleted and this thread was pulled down shortly thereafter. Just saying

I recently watched the case of Tiffany Daniels on Disappeared and it reminded me quite a bit of Katelin.

The only thing I can think is that the stepfather knows that katelin left and he relayed that info to LE and that's why he was cleared.
The luggage thing is weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members