VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate for you to go to that trouble, Lisa, but a better picture/map of understanding would help us understand.
Let me know if I can help in any way? Not sure what I can do, but you know I will!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
I remember posting about this, so I had to search back in thread one to find my post. I speculated that surveillance cameras around the U. S. Customs office close to the mall might have picked up the car, but that's just a guess. It is a fact that surveillance would be high in the area surrounding the facility, so it's a reasonable theory. There was talk later about toll booths, but I don't know if that was confirmed, or another theory. Look around the area of my posts in Thread #1 for more on this topic.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12241446

From the article posted:

According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center.

Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there...
http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

They should be investigated for rape, for sure. But she was seen in the days after the possible rape. So they probably did not make her disappear.

I would not discount that unnamed couple yet. For a few reasons.
1. It is not uncommon for victims to seek validation from their abusers. I would expect her to try to retrace her steps or contact the people involved in this assault.
{ if she did not want anyone to know about the issue ,she very well could have planned to meet someone at the mall}
2. The suitcase was found in the school district she attended and the Partlow address is not in that district.
I think we have always considered KA wanted to go back and live the same life she had in AZ without thinking about her resolving issues in VA. Her stepdad does look fishy but KA going through what she was, is also going to be thinking erratically Mostly likely she was internalizing and trying to hide any connection to the "event" .

1. It is not uncommon for victims to seek validation from their abusers. I would expect her to try to retrace her steps or contact the people involved in this assault.
{ if she did not want anyone to know about the issue ,she very well could have planned to meet someone at the mall}
2. The suitcase was found in the school district she attended and the Partlow address is not in that district.
I think we have always considered KA wanted to go back and live the same life she had in AZ without thinking about her resolving issues in VA. Her stepdad does look fishy but KA going through what she was, is also going to be thinking erratically Mostly likely she was internalizing and trying to hide any connection to the "event" .

Well, how would any of the above explain the apparent mistruths told by the ex-Step father? And the cell phones pinging where they do?

I hate for you to go to that trouble, Lisa, but a better picture/map of understanding would help us understand.
Let me know if I can help in any way? Not sure what I can do, but you know I will!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Jnblsm I went to look and saw we are on thread #3 and then decided to finish reading this thread first. So happy I did Bessie answered for me above this post.
Thank You, Bessie!

What I don't understand no matter where he parked...they should have security cameras at every door that someone can enter/exit the mall.

Not sure of their ages. They did also supply alcohol to a minor.
I doubt but I do wonder if step dad knew this couple?

Well, how would any of the above explain the apparent mistruths told by the ex-Step father? And the cell phones pinging where they do?
Yeah those pings of the cells! Something I can't remember (and funny the things I do) but did they ever find her phone?
Thanks in advance,

Can you list the mistruths? I am only aware he said he dropped her off at the mall and his car was seen in that area. I, by no means,want to relieve him of his POI status. I just wanted to point out that if KA was going through emotional burdens her reactions and other people's reactions to her might be different than normal.Which makes this mystery couple more relevant. As far as the phone pings until tower info is released I dont think I can say anything about those based on my knowledge of the area.Most people in this area hit those same towers everyday.

Yeah those pings of the cells! Something I can't remember (and funny the things I do) but did they ever find her phone?
Thanks in advance,

As far as we know, it hasn't been found. I do wonder if LE ever searched near her last ping in Stafford. Obviously, they've know about those pings and inconsistencies of JRB'S story for awhile, you'd think they would have.

Can you list the mistruths? I am only aware he said he dropped her off at the mall and his car was seen in that area. I, by no means,want to relieve him of his POI status. I just wanted to point out that if KA was going through emotional burdens her reactions and other people's reactions to her might be different than normal.Which makes this mystery couple more relevant. As far as the phone pings until tower info is released I dont think I can say anything about those based on my knowledge of the area.Most people in this area hit those same towers everyday.

Do we have any of our amazing map gurus following? With the new information on where their phones pinged versus where JRB stated they were at, a map might be a good idea to see the distances.

The car was never seen at the mall, or the train station, or the airport.

Katelin was never seen at any of those places.

JRB was never seen at any of those places.

There is no evidence that we know of that the phones were ever near any of those places.

The police have directly stated that the evidence suggests, and they believe, that she never left Spotsylvania County.

The police once said that there is evidence that the stepfather's car was "in the area" of the mall, but they were never any more specific about that.

If anyone disputes any of the above statements please provide a link to support your argument.

I am very interested in the timeline and knowing more about who knew what when about KA and the attack by her friends. I really find it odd that such an event would be followed only a few days later by KA going missing under suspicious circumstances and the two not be related in some way.

I am wondering if Stepdad found out and decided to act as he saw it as the straw that broke the camel's back as far as KA's behavior.

My other thought is that the two friends were put up to attacking KA by someone who wanted some dirt to break up KA and Amber.

The car was never seen at the mall, or the train station, or the airport.

Katelin was never seen at any of those places.

JRB was never seen at any of those places.

There is no evidence that we know of that the phones were ever near any of those places.

The police have directly stated that the evidence suggests, and they believe, that she never left Spotsylvania County.

The police once said that there is evidence that the stepfather's car was "in the area" of the mall, but they were never any more specific about that.

If anyone disputes any of the above statements please provide a link to support your argument.

Exactly!
I believe that LE just said that to make JRB complacent so that he would continue to talk with them. I remember when LE stated that, many of us were scratching our heads over the wording.

Can someone do a detailed transcript of the new information from crimewatch and then have a Mod sticky it to the 1st page of this thread for a factual reference. Thanks in advance.

920am Katelin dropped off at JRB's house

152pm JRB texts LMS stating that he dropped Katelin off at the metro per Katelin's request, but his phone pinged near his home.

2pm LMS receives text from Katelin's phone "I'm at the airport. Battery dying so won't be able to text for a bit." But at that exact time, police say, Katelin's phone actually "pinged" at a location more than 30 miles from the Springfield Metro stop.

1156 am: AR receives a text from Katelin's phone "Something came up. I'm not coming back today. I'll let you know when I get a new flight. I won't be able to text for a bit." (It's never been clarified if the time is MST or EST)

715pm: LMS receives text from Katelin's phone "I'm staying with a friend. I need some time alone." katelin's phone pings off a cell tower in Stafford, less than 15 miles from where her luggage was found.

Did I miss something? I didn't see anything in MSM about an "attack" on KA?

Yes. Basically date raped by a friend and her friends boyfriend after they got her drunk.

But we don't know if she was passed out or couldn't say stop due to being drunk or if she just felt shameful the next day.

Jmo.

Opppss! Posted before refreshing ! You beat me to it drjones! 

heya, a shorter list of the important new facts might be useful tho, i tried to do that with my posts as i watched it but they were rushed and some stuff isnt quite right.:)

heya, a shorter list of the important new facts might be useful tho, i tried to do that with my posts as i watched it but they were rushed and some stuff isnt quite right.:)

Great job. Especially for Thread Sticky purposes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back