Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the mother's boyfriend is called Randy Poisal not Robert Poisal. His fb page indicates interest in young women and 'naked ladies'. From what I can see Katie's mum Jayne is not on fb
Well, whatever I thought his first name was I'm sure was wrong, but what strikes me is the similarity of his last name "Poisal" to "poison." How fitting. I thought he seemed just a little too interested in everything about Katie's disappearance, volunteering himself to Katie's fiance to help out with the kids -- eh gads! Keep him away from the children is my first thought. I mean even Katie's Mom didn't spring to the side of her grandchildren in their time of crisis -- and here's this unrelated man who was spouting off details of Katie's disappearance as if he'd been there on the scene from day one. I'm sorry but a perv by any other name ... is one too many. And I do believe his reputation has preceded him.

One more thing, RF does NOT spell his name correctly on his 2 fb pages and also is not spelled correctly in news articles.

One more thing, RF does NOT spell his name correctly on his 2 fb pages and also is not spelled correctly in news articles.
You found him? I haven't been able to find his page.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I hope Katie's case doesn't just fade away. It's been a few days with no new info and those kids deserve justice.

What do you mean? Is it intentional on his part? Or, is it someone else "posing" as "RF"?

How can they not tell how she died? it was about two weeks to the time she vanished to the time they found her.

IMO, If there was some sort of trauma on her body I think they would have come out and said something. JMO.

I'm not sure LE would say anything immediately. I have to bring up the Megan Landowski case again. I don't remember hearing how Megan was murdered (only rumors) until her classmate had been arrested. Then it came out. I really hope that LE has a good idea who took Katie from us.

What do you mean? Is it intentional on his part? Or, is it someone else "posing" as "RF"?

Intentional on his part, both fb accounts, not much there, pics of children, just suspicious to me. Same opinion I has with Summer Swindell case from the beginning. My opinion.

Intentional on his part, both fb accounts, not much there, pics of children, just suspicious to me.

I'm curious how you know this or are you speculating?

I'm curious how you know this or are you speculating?
Well, according to WS it would be speculating, according to my sleuthing it would be accurate, only because according to where he graduated HS, I graduated at the same HS and lived in that town many moons ago for at least 12 years and did research.

Intentional on his part, both fb accounts, not much there, pics of children, just suspicious to me. Same opinion I has with Summer Swindell case from the beginning. My opinion.

I completely agree with everything you are saying!! I think we pretty much know how this is going to end, and it seriously makes my blood boil! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I completely agree with everything you are saying!! I think we pretty much know how this is going to end, and it seriously makes my blood boil! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Okay, I keep trying to add a 3rd quote -- the post that says that the name of Katie's Mom's boyfriend, "Robert Poisal" (as he is identified in news articles), is also incorrect. He is "Randy Poisal."
This is the quote I can't add as part of the "multi quote" that I will manually type in here (there's more than one way to flog a dead horse!): "Originally posted by oneillm -- I think the mother's boyfriend is called Randy Poisal not Robert Poisal. His fb page indicates interest in young women and 'naked ladies.' From what I can see Katie's mum Jayne is not on fb."

WTH is going on? Can't they even get the names right? This seems deliberate. Do these two have a history? I guess MSM doesn't bother to ask for ID when quoting or interviewing someone for a news article.

I'm sure that LE already has noted these two discrepancies and correctly identified them for their own purposes.

Hi guys sorry I'm late to this one, She looks like the perfect mom from looking at her FB.
KB deserves full justice IMO she wouldn't of walked to the garage risking her safety late at night just for coins, I think this is the same situation here like so many/too many case on WS, I'm afraid its going to be a boyfriend/girlfriend fight gone to far.
I wish I had the same confidence in the bf that a few of you do. IDK in my book if you've got nothing to hide why not tell someone your love one missing instead of sticking your head in the sand and hoping the whole thing will go away. 11 days SMH c'mon

RIP Kathleen :rose:

Hi guys sorry I'm late to this one, She looks like the perfect mom from looking at her FB.
KB deserves full justice IMO she wouldn't of walked to the garage risking her safety late at night just for coins, I think this is the same situation here like so many/too many case on WS, I'm afraid its going to be a boyfriend/girlfriend fight gone to far.
I wish I had the same confidence in the bf that a few of you do. IDK in my book if you've got nothing to hide why not tell someone your love one missing instead of sticking your head in the sand and hoping the whole thing will go away. 11 days SMH c'mon

We have no way of knowing if she did or not. She very well could have. imo.

Katie's boyfriend made a missing person's report the next day. LE did not get a detective on this case until 11 days later.

Katie's boyfriend made a missing person's report the next day. LE did not get a detective on this case until 11 days later.

I think leep was referencing how long it took him to notify the family (9 -10 days)

Thank you for the link to the comments. There is indication from Katie's SM that she is a recovering addict, which would support the notion that she has a history of drug abuse. I think she was taking recovery very seriously, though we obviously can't know for sure, and know very little about her boyfriend. If he is also a current or former user, he could have connections to a bad crowd, which can also explain why he is so low key. I agree with that commenter that drugs may be connected, especially if someone close to Katie is involved still has drug connections or problems. Drug-fueled deaths seems to be the thing in Virginia these days, sadly.

I'm not sure LE would say anything immediately. I have to bring up the Megan Landowski case again. I don't remember hearing how Megan was murdered (only rumors) until her classmate had been arrested. Then it came out. I really hope that LE has a good idea who took Katie from us.
Her case was just on TV today on the ID Channel. I was painting my friends house, two doors from her house. It was a scary time. They placed a GPS tracker on a suspects car. Sneaky sneaky

He sexually assaulted her and stabbed her to death. Violently.

This could be a possibility as to why he was not close with her family. Maybe trying to keep her away from that lifestyle?
I really hope he had nothing to do with this, although it seems unlikely. I just feel for those poor kids.

I don't believe that crap. First the article says that hubby didn't let family know that she was missing until he filed the missing persons report. Which was wrong since he waited 9 days after filing the missing person's report.

Also i wouldn't put too much stock in the crack comments. Maybe the family did party. But I doubt katie was out there like that. Especially seeing how wonderful of a mom she was.

Plus those posters started getting racial and making childish comments . So the comments lost credibility in my book.

Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aliennbabyy