VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder...

Is there any employee who has not been accounted for on that day - like called in sick or took a day of vacation (or even a week of vacation).

Is there any employee who was fired in the recent past? Or one who may have up and quit recently?

7. Did Kelly receive a recent promotion (or award, raise, etc) that could have caused some workplace jealousy?

And, from an article recently referenced by dreamweaver (just a few posts back in this thread):
"Desimone added that Catalano loved her job and that she had recently gotten a raise."

There were a lot of good questions MBLover asked in that post, and here's one more answer, which could be relevant. (Also good thinking re: whether anyone was missing/absent from work that day, and/or had recently gotten fired.)

I know to her family some of those questions may have initially sounded like little more than impolite prying, but I do hope they're coming to understand that the answers to these types of questions could very possibly lead to discovering what has happened to Kelly.

WELL ME AND MY WIFE JUST GOT BACK FROM HELPING SEARCH. sorry for the caps. still nothing. that whole area has been covered and nothing. now. i talked to a leo and they are leaning towards suicide. they didnt come out and say it but thats what im getting. the water search is over, unless they get a solid tip on her whereabouts. they stopped looking today at 1200 and i beleive they started at 8. that area is producing nothing. they will be back in the morni ng i beleive. i will be hunting the area and will keep my eyes peeled. soory but i have to say this case will close soon if someone dont fess up or people start saying what they really know. someone knows something and is really killing this case. imo

Looking back at the picture posted by Shutterfly, Could Kelly have been running for the (back) parking lot instead of the river? It was said earlier that Kelly took her keys and phone with her, sounds like maybe she wasn't planning on coming right back. Did she normally keep these items at her work station or in a locker? If she had them with her I can understand grabbing them, if they were in a locker then she made another stop before heading out the door. I agree someone needs to speak up here and I believe more then one person knows something. It may be that someone over heard talk, rumor or whatever that they do not want to repeat and don't want to believe another coworker could be responsible, but they need to in order for Kelly to be found.
On the flip side if she wasn't planning on coming right back, I found it strange that she wouldn't say something to a boss, need to leave a little while I have an emergency or could a boss be involved in Kelly being missing, that would be good reason for the employees not to speak up. I wonder if any cell pings have come back yet, I really thing the local LE needs to do a little more digging here instead of jumping to the conclusion of suicide. Just putting it out there.......anything is possible.
Joseph bless you and your wife for helping! Did you say earlier that you were the one that found Kelly's safety glasses? Could you give a location on the pictures Shutterfly posted where the glasses were found? Also don't all safety glasses look pretty much look same another words these may not be Kelly's glasses. LE could check them for DNA if they want to be sure.

Suicide by jumping in the river? If so, would she be hard to find?

I wish LE would do more digging, too before they start talking about suicide....I just don't sense that's it...it doesn't make sense at all to me!

Suicide sounds crazy. Anything is possible, but I don't think most people grab their keys and cell phone and run out of their business to "jump in the river". Why bring the phone or keys? Nope. Doesn't sound the least bit plausible. I just turned 41 - I think about death more often than I used to but I have no intention of killing myself. We need more info on her private life. Not trying to pry - but without that info she may never be found.

... Also don't all safety glasses look pretty much the same another words these may not be Kelly's glasses. LE could check them for DNA if they want to be sure.

It would really be something if the glasses belonged to the person who I believe called Kelly down to the river on a false "emergency." LE needs to check the DNA to not only rule out Kelly as owner, but to help identify who they actually belong to.

Regardless, there is no way that Kelly committed suicide. None. She has been described repeated as a happy, sweet, kind woman by friends, family, and colleagues. Why would the doors to her home be found open (as if someone had broken in)? Why would she even bother going to work that day if suicide was her plan? Why would she run from the building? For what? To jump in the river? It makes no sense. If she had a few questions about death and baptism, so has every believer that has ever lived! It's human! Even the strongest Christians face hills and valleys, ups and downs in their faith. That doesn't mean Kelly was suicidal. Not at all.

In my mind someone called, sent Kelly a text OR told her "I fell and hurt myself [or found something; or need to show you something] down by the river and I need your help. Please, just come meet me for a minute, you don't need to bring anyone with you, just hurry ..." and being the very good person Kelly is, she went to help. But there was nothing she was needed to help with, it was strictly a premise to beckon her there to the side of the river and, I believe, harm her. What a terrible concept, but I do believe it's true. JMO

Please Lord, I pray that Kelly will be brought home soon. Please continue to be with the family as they work their way through this difficult time.

I don't buy the suicide theory at all.

1. She is very loved by her family & friends and seems to have returned that love.
2. She had a home
3. She had pet(s) - 2 cats?
4. She had a vehicle - that as one family member described was her baby
5. She had a job
6. She had just gotten a raise at her job
7. Boss(es) / co-workers seemed to have high praises for Kelly
8. One family member described Kelly as a runner and strong swimmer who participated in a lot of events. Most athletes care about and are proud of their bodies and would do nothing to alter that.
9. Most women who commit suicide do so by overdose or a gun. I could understand if Kelly was going to kill herself by jumping into a body of water - IF she wasn't a strong swimmer (as it would possibly be a rather quick drowning), but I just don't believe for one minute that Kelly would put her family through that.

So Kelly was asking questions about death and the afterlife... Wow that's what a lot of my friends talk about every now and then. Lots of heated debates and discussion and we've discussed suicide as well - but none of us have committed suicide, nor do we intend to. When you get to that 40 mark it seems that some things really hit home with death. Right now, that's all I see this as - Kelly looking for answers and not looking at it as to what would happen if she did.

Does anyone know if Kelly was seeking out a church family or involved in any church related activities? Have any new churches cropped up in the area? Had Kelly attended a church or Bible study recently with any neighbors or co-workers?

Prayers for Kelly and her family. I hope she is found safe and sound very soon.

the marsh (all shown as brown on the google maps) is harsh to get fruther if you get caught up in it......i hate to say it but you could accidently fall in the wrong place and never get out...and the marsh seems to suck things down....that said, the open river starts getting a very strong current there especially with the wet fall/winter we've had, lots to consider...

That might be a consideration if she were a stranger to the place but she had walked that way many times before so it seems.

Looking back at the picture posted by Shutterfly, Could Kelly have been running for the (back) parking lot instead of the river? It was said earlier that Kelly took her keys and phone with her, sounds like maybe she wasn't planning on coming right back. Did she normally keep these items at her work station or in a locker? If she had them with her I can understand grabbing them, if they were in a locker then she made another stop before heading out the door. I agree someone needs to speak up here and I believe more then one person knows something. It may be that someone over heard talk, rumor or whatever that they do not want to repeat and don't want to believe another coworker could be responsible, but they need to in order for Kelly to be found.
On the flip side if she wasn't planning on coming right back, I found it strange that she wouldn't say something to a boss, need to leave a little while I have an emergency or could a boss be involved in Kelly being missing, that would be good reason for the employees not to speak up. I wonder if any cell pings have come back yet, I really thing the local LE needs to do a little more digging here instead of jumping to the conclusion of suicide. Just putting it out there.......anything is possible.
Joseph bless you and your wife for helping! Did you say earlier that you were the one that found Kelly's safety glasses? Could you give a location on the pictures Shutterfly posted where the glasses were found? Also don't all safety glasses look pretty much look same another words these may not be Kelly's glasses. LE could check them for DNA if they want to be sure.

i never found the glasses. it was told to me glasses were found. not exactly safety

It would really be something if the glasses belonged to the person who I believe called Kelly down to the river on a false "emergency." LE needs to check the DNA to not only rule out Kelly as owner, but to help identify who they actually belong to.

Regardless, there is no way that Kelly committed suicide. None. She has been described repeated as a happy, sweet, kind woman by friends, family, and colleagues. Why would the doors to her home be found open (as if someone had broken in)? Why would she even bother going to work that day if suicide was her plan? Why would she run from the building? For what? To jump in the river? It makes no sense. If she had a few questions about death and baptism, so has every believer that has ever lived! It's human! Even the strongest Christians face hills and valleys, ups and downs in their faith. That doesn't mean Kelly was suicidal. Not at all.

In my mind someone called, sent Kelly a text OR told her "I fell and hurt myself [or found something; or need to show you something] down by the river and I need your help. Please, just come meet me for a minute, you don't need to bring anyone with you, just hurry ..." and being the very good person Kelly is, she went to help. But there was nothing she was needed to help with, it was strictly a premise to beckon her there to the side of the river and, I believe, harm her. What a terrible concept, but I do believe it's true. JMO

Please Lord, I pray that Kelly will be brought home soon. Please continue to be with the family as they work their way through this difficult time.

i second everything you said in this post. i find suicide very hard to beleive. and no body. come on. i once said le was on their a game but i see a slack in their studies. me and my wife talked to a female leo and she said some things that bothered me a little. just the way she ended my sentences for me led me to beleive she knows some stuff. i mean stuff that would break this case wide open. i dont know mabey it was just me. i will be out there in the morning hunting then searching some more marsh for her. i know some places they did not look yet. the leo showed me a map where they have searched.

MB, totally agree and thanks for a very thoughtful and rational post about Kelly.
I posted before that I think someone lured her out of the work building. I thought it was probably a cell call or text; but I believe one of the nieces said that all the cell phone calls checked out, so I am left with someone calling her out of the building for help of some sort. I think that's why she took her cell and keys, in case she needed to call 911 for help for the person or drive them to a hospital.
Being 62 years old, I can look back at my life at 40, and those same questions, ideas, and wonderings about religion and being "saved" were on my mind. I think it's a rite of passage, not a suicide plan.
I pray that Kelly will be found, soon and alive.

If LE has stuff that would break the case wide open, why wouldn't they? Or do you mean they really do believe it was a suicide? TIA

Jokie
I believe someone lured her out as well, but am unsure how this would have been done if all of her calls/texts have been checked out and deemed normal.

But I have to ask...if she was off here and living alone without relatives being close by. I believe a niece said they all lived in PA...really how would one know (LE included) (and this isn't a slam to the family) that something was out of line with one of those calls? The only ones who know what was said in those calls are Kelly and the person she was speaking with.

Maybe there were no calls/texts within that time frame of when she took off...IDK.

Would Kelly have had a work pager or some kind of communication system (walkie-talkie type device)?

What does the work areas look like - are they open or partitioned off? Could a co-worker have come by her area and signaled for her to leave? Or did she see someone who wasn't supposed to be in the work area and followed them? Or maybe an old co-worker coming for a visit or picking up a last paycheck?

How many ways are in and out of this place and could one go undetected entering and leaving?

Sorry for my rambling posts...just lots of stuff going thru my head!

Ita with all of you that this wasn't a suicide. Why are there such varying accounts of what happened that day? Did she get a phone call or not, LE says no phone activity. Some say she casually said she was going for a walk, someone else says she was running down the hall, and yet another person saw her running towards the river. It doesn't add up to a consistent report. Until these questions are answered, can there really be any answer? Something is not right. jmo

If LE has stuff that would break the case wide open, why wouldn't they? Or do you mean they really do believe it was a suicide? TIA

i think they know some info they are not sharing. put it this way. when i said how she is supposed to be a happy go lucky person, the leo said along the lines of " they have reasons to beleive otherwise". now i dont know for a fact what that meant but they know something. something they are holding back. a very weird case it is.

Well when you look back at other cases sometimes the perpetrator is right there most likely helping with the search (keep your eyes open Joseph) they may even be giving little bits of information to LE like the "Kelly was questioning life the last few weeks" to take the focus off themselves maybe LE is just playing the suicide thing up hoping, this person will lead them to Kelly...........Keep an eye open for the person that really wasn't that close to Kelly and all of a sudden they seem to be her best friend and know so much about her.

Very interesting Joseph. Thanks for the info. I wish we knew what they do! It has to some type of romantic situation that went wrong. At least it seems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody