VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too believe it was a crime of passion BUT regardless of vehicle make, etc., you can tint windows yourself or have them professionally done. At this point, we can't rule out anything and that may be what this individual is thinking. I do think she got in the vehicle willingly because she knew this person AND maybe she knew they were upset and didn't want a lot of yelling outside so that people would notice. Also, if she would get a bit upset about someone pulling the pictures of her and CinV off of her toolbox, maybe she had enough to where she started making her private life more private around work...IE: she didn't tell anyone she was going to meet someone in a parking lot, maybe she had them pull to where they couldn't be seen?

I think she had a pre-arranged meeting. What I am not sure of is this: if she works in the area where the door is with the small window, what are the chances that she could see a vehicle outside? I say this because that would prove that someone didn't just pull up unannounced. But then again, why didn't she tell the co-workers that she walks with "Hey I have made other plans, can't walk with you today." With that being said, she couldn't just take breaks in the middle of working on a project, so she had to be finished with the project first. Was it established that whatever project she was working on when she left, was finished?

Shutter - I have to agree with you.

Seems to me maybe what was a simple meeting for Kelly turned into something she wasn't prepared for and in turn became an opportunistic crime of passion. ETA: maybe it was pre-meditated on the others part

No signs of Kelly

The possibly toying of LE - with doors unlocked and alleged goggles/gloves found the next day after that area had been searched.

IMO if Kelly had done herself in, surely some remant of her clothing or her body would have been found by now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods

Suicide by drowning is the act of deliberately submerging oneself in water or other liquid to prevent breathing and deprive the brain of oxygen. Due to the body's natural tendency to come up for air, drowning attempts often involve the use of a heavy object to overcome this reflex. If the drowning is stopped before death, oxygen deprivation can cause brain damage.

Drowning is among the least common methods of suicide, typically accounting for less than 2% of all reported suicides in the United States.

Thanks for the visuals and explanations, Shutterfly. You're amazing and that makes it so much clearer.

And I pretty much agree with your analysis, especially why she seemed to be in a hurry.

MBLover, that was the best "it wasn't suicide" explanation yet. Why would ANYONE make it so difficult?

Suicide by drowning can't possible be LE's ongoing theory. Perhaps they're using their suicide explanation to give themselves time to come up with something better and more accurate. Let's hope.

I don't think she was ever headed 'to' the river. I believe she had prearranged to meet someone around 10am, looked at the clock and realized she was late getting out there, or got distracted and lost track of the time, and bolted out the front door of BPA to meet them. For whatever reason, I get the impression that this meeting was important to her. Maybe she expected to get a break around 10 am for this meeting, and that didn't pan out properly? I think maybe those who saw her headed in that general direction may assume that she was headed to the river because using that entrance may be part of her routine if she was headed to the river.
Having whoever she could have been meeting lay low behind one of the mounds would make sense. First, from the standpoint that conducting personal business during on the clock time would be frowned upon. If no one saw her visitor, she could simply say she needed air or to "walk off" whatever was bothering her that caused her the need to go outside during non-break time. It could be that she didn't want anyone to know who she was meeting because she didn't want to get ribbed about seeing, perhaps, an ex, or a new special friend that she didn't want recognized; there could be a myriad of reasons why she would want to hide this person's identity. You also wouldn't have this person meet you in the employee lot if you wanted to hide their identity. What if a fellow employee or you boss came out to their car? Then you're potentially busted anyway. I just think the adjacent lot makes sense, just as a prearranged meeting does; there were no calls or texts that we're aware of, so it seems to fit. They say that most often it comes down to a case of the obvious, so in this case, I would venture a guess and say that she was running...because she was in a hurry.
I don't believe she jumped into, fell into or was pushed into that river. I don't believe that she was accidentally or purposely shot by a hunter or picked up by a random RSO trolling for a victim. Nor do I believe that she ran off, committed suicide, and dug a hole and buried herself. Almost as unlikely are the chances that some random serial killer happened upon her at the exact moment that she exited the building in what is essentially a bad location to assume you can kill someone and go undetected. It's a cul de sac in a business complex! I believe Kelly had a better chance of being abducted by a UFO in this spot than for her to just vanish into thin air like she has. I don't think they've found her because I believe wholeheatedly that she is NOT there. I think that when the truth finally does come out, if ever, it's going to be a big, ugly case of a 'crime of passion.'
I think she got into the car of her own free will, which is why there was no screaming, a struggle witnessed or signs of such if any of it existed at all. If it took place in the vehicle, all of that was well contained. Now add some tint to the windows, and the more expensive the automobile, the more attention paid to soundproofing it from outside influences. The temperature at 10:20 am that day was 48 degrees. It was cold, she didn't have a coat on that we're aware of, and she may have also wanted privacy....and something went horribly wrong. I've read and heard all that the rest of you have read and heard, and to me, this still seems like the simplest answer.
Maybe Kelly was the aggressor, who knows! Maybe she and this person became involved in an altercation and the unknown party mortally wounded Kelly during the struggle, defending themselves, and then panicked? There's a new one I haven't seen yet.

Linens of the Week is the business across from BPA but they are quite a ways off from the parking lot mound. But yes, in plain sight of it. We were told early on that their bay doors are frequently open across the front of the building but naturally they weren't the day I was there. It was about 29 degees in direct sunlight and the wind was blowing 40+. If they had their doors open that day, the poor guys would be linen~cicles for sure. It was COLD!! They've installed a kind of portable speedbump at the back of this lot where it joins their own and I saw one of their delivery vans scoot through the parking area while I was there. I didn't dare tangle with that speedbump contraption. It reminded me of spike strips and even driving a 4x4 myself, it struck me that if I hit it just wrong, I may wind up atop a tree. It's that big. If it was designed as a deterrent, it worked.

Sorry for unloading on ya cc........... :blowkiss:

bbm
Fantastic thinking, Shutterfly--and welcome back to the thread.

Crime of passion? You betcha. I've been totally convinced of that for a while. Whoever wrote all over Kelly's mailbox with vulgarities, whoever went into her home and moved things around, whoever was stalking her, that is the person who was there that morning of January 15 to speak to her, to meet with her.

"Unloading" you say? Unload more. Unload anytime. :)

No problem Shutterfly. I was hoping that my questions would prompt some great ideas...and you came up with them for sure.
MBLover, I was looking for those statistics on drowning the other day but couldn't find them--thanks for posting that.
Whoever Kelly met...there must be a phone call to that person at some point (not necessarily that day) so what's stopping LE from looking into the whereabouts of people on her phone record? If Kelly knows this person, then there HAS to be some record of them in her life.

bbm
Fantastic thinking, Shutterfly--and welcome back to the thread.

Crime of passion? You betcha. I've been totally convinced of that for a while. Whoever wrote all over Kelly's mailbox with vulgarities, whoever went into her home and moved things around, whoever was stalking her, that is the person who was there that morning of January 15 to speak to her, to meet with her.

"Unloading" you say? Unload more. Unload anytime. :)

Hey truthsleuth....

Wow!! I totally missed the info regarding Kelly's mailbox being valdalized. Where did this info come from?? I totally overlooked that....and I thought I pretty much was up-to-speed, but I guess not. Thanks!

Hey truthsleuth....

Wow!! I totally missed the info regarding Kelly's mailbox being valdalized. Where did this info come from?? I totally overlooked that....and I thought I pretty much was up-to-speed, but I guess not. Thanks!

It was referred to in a post over on that site that "starts with a T and ends with an X." :) The post was written by a nephew of Kelly's who points out the vulgarities and damage to the mailbox and points the finger at a poster there and a former poster here. That's it. I'm zipping my lip. Shhhh, it's post 213 there. Don't tell anyone I told you. :)

We are either dealing with a hate crime, or a crime of passion, did she rebuff some stud, or he didn't know her orientation and became enraged, or was it a jealous ex or girlfriend of ex?

Hey truthsleuth....

I had missed this also, we are dealing with a real nut job!

Maybe the anniversary was important to someone, but Kelly had moved on and the ex couldn't accept it!

It was referred to in a post over on that site that "starts with a T and ends with an X." :) The post was written by a nephew of Kelly's who points out the vulgarities and damage to the mailbox and points the finger at a poster there and a former poster here. That's it. I'm zipping my lip. Shhhh, it's post 213 there. Don't tell anyone I told you. :)

Why the secrecy?

Do we know if Kelly definitely owned a gun, if so was it located? did someone go into her house and take it?

Are we allowed to name that place? Great! TOPIX. I thought it was one of those no-no sites, hoppy.

Thanks!

If it is a banned site here at WS and you try to link to it, the link will show up in your post as a bunch of asterisks. That's how you can tell it's a 'no-no'. :)

Hoppy

If it is a banned site here at WS and you try to link to it, the link will show up in your post as a bunch of asterisks. That's how you can tell it's a 'no-no'. :)

Hoppy

Thanks for the explanation, hoppy. Asterisks in links = bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange