VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't hardly sleep for thinking about Kelly and Jamie and the entire family and friends, and all of those who searched for her. This is so heartbreaking for this family. I know strange things happen in nature but my mind has a hard time grasping how this whole thing happened. Jamie, I'm heartbroken for you and your family. Kelly was beautiful, and when I look at her pictures I get such a warm feeling in my heart that she was such a great person to be around. I wish I could have known her.

Yes it is what I was referring to. I just dont gt how Kelly would have been looked over.

Thanks Shutterfly.

I totally agree. I also don't see how Kelly could have been looked over either. Go back and examine the many images posted in the last few days and you will see the shallowness of the water, especially as Swift Creek turns and gets closer and closer to the Interstate 95 overpass, right near the lil rock. I thought at first this might be due to the hour at which, say, Google Maps' images were taken. But then I went to other map sites (Bing for example) and they all showed the same thing--I could see the bottom of the creek.

It should have been easy to spot Kelly. Take a look at this:

CatIsland9.jpg

or this:

CatalanoIsnland3.jpg

or this:

CatIsland11.jpg

(All of these shots Shutterfly's screen captures.)

I see river bottoms in all. I see shallow water.

I agree Truth. While I'm sure there's a spot here and there that has some depth to it, for the most part this creek (these waterways) appear to be fairly shallow...and with the time of the year it is folliage is nil - so that wouldn't be a factor of obscuring or casting much of a shadow.

Have something I'm throwing out there - for those of us that believe this was an abduction... Kelly goes somewhere with someone and things go from bad to worse - maybe on both sides. Maybe this wasn't the intention and something happened that escalated the situation. Kelly is taken wherever and then brought back some time later in the night and dropped from the bridge into the water. I think it would take 2 people to do this...but that way it would be a relatively quick process.

Might be something to put out...did anyone take note of any cars that were alongside the bridge that night appearing to have some kind of mechanical trouble? Even if only briefly...

They either didnt look good ,or she wasnt there until after the searches were over?
All of this does not add up. At the time it was flooding, but still the air craft , divers should have seen something. They were there the next day,and for several days after?

I think decomp of the body will tell (or should tell) the ME a lot. If she was in the water for all that time - the colder water should have helped preserve her body to an extent. The longer she laid out on that rock the more she would have decomposed. I would think the ME would have some idea of how long she was in the water and how long she would have been out. But then again...we've seen how incompetent it appears LE was...hope it's not been the same with the ME.

I hate to say this but I would think that the ME is going to go with what the LE said in the beginning (suicide) just so that the LE does not have to come back and say "we dropped the ball on this one".
I had a long talk with Kelly's neice Jamie last night and A LOT of things don't add up. The family is talking over a 2nd autopsy, which I agree wholeheartedly should be performed once her body is in PA. If the ME in PA, gives a different outcome, I would be on the phone so quick with a lawyer and sue the pants off of the PD, LE and whoever else could be sued.
Bottom line, IF Kelly was there for almost 2 months, why wasn't she found?

Exactly - and I would contribute funds to a 2nd autopsy... There is no way she should not have been seen.

I have followed Kelly's thread on here since she went missing. I just want to say to her family I am so, so sorry. It is my deepest hope and prayer that you find out what happened to her. God Bless.

I hate to say this but I would think that the ME is going to go with what the LE said in the beginning (suicide) just so that the LE does not have to come back and say "we dropped the ball on this one".
I had a long talk with Kelly's neice Jamie last night and A LOT of things don't add up. The family is talking over a 2nd autopsy, which I agree wholeheartedly should be performed once her body is in PA. If the ME in PA, gives a different outcome, I would be on the phone so quick with a lawyer and sue the pants off of the PD, LE and whoever else could be sued.
Bottom line, IF Kelly was there for almost 2 months, why wasn't she found?

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. Everyone watches everyone else's back. If ME proves me wrong, I'll apologize immediately, but I don't see that coming.

Kelly's body had to pass through numerous sharp twists and turns as it made its way along Swift Creek, especially once it passed White Bank Park. The body would have had to make a sharp right in front of the boat ramp at WBP, and then an extreme left to get behind the "big" island in front of our little rock, and finally it would have had to make another sharp right to arrive at the little rock. Also, the creek at some point would have had to rise dramatically to raise the body up high enough to eventually land on top of our rock. Come on. I mean, please.

I agree Truth. While I'm sure there's a spot here and there that has some depth to it, for the most part this creek (these waterways) appear to be fairly shallow...and with the time of the year it is folliage is nil - so that wouldn't be a factor of obscuring or casting much of a shadow.

Have something I'm throwing out there - for those of us that believe this was an abduction... Kelly goes somewhere with someone and things go from bad to worse - maybe on both sides. Maybe this wasn't the intention and something happened that escalated the situation. Kelly is taken wherever and then brought back some time later in the night and dropped from the bridge into the water. I think it would take 2 people to do this...but that way it would be a relatively quick process.

Might be something to put out...did anyone take note of any cars that were alongside the bridge that night appearing to have some kind of mechanical trouble? Even if only briefly...

Very possible MB.

Take a look at Shutterfly's photo below. The I95 bridge railings aren't particularly high--maybe 3-4 feet?

SwiftCreek95N.jpg

The only problem for me is, the body wouldn't have very far to go to get to its final resting place, but the turn into the location of our rock is in some of the most shallow waters seen in any of the images we're looked at.

Of course, Kellly could have been placed there by carrying her in a boat to the location--sort of the same way she was carried out of the area via a small boat to the WBP boat ramps.

I think it's very possible that she got there by boat or even a quick drop from the bridge. You would think that IF she did get thrown off of a bridge, helicopters fly around for traffic purposes to tell about traffic, so someone would have seen her, you would think. PLUS one would think that if they had a helicopter out searching for her that day, wouldn't they have flown around a certain distance, N, S, E, W? A mile is not that far to fly out considering she had been gone for an hour or so before it was noticed by co-workers and a few hours after that when police were called in to search.

Also, now I wonder IF traffic helicopters maybe record when they are flying around reporting traffic conditions?

I'm going to go out on a limb with beltingitout; one we didn't want to step too far out on before now because most of us didn't want to accept that Kelly could really be in the water.....

Abducted by boat?

She knows this person literally from the river and seeing them there multiple times?

Makes plans to meet this person at 10 am on Jan 15th, face to face, and maybe she initially changed her mind, decided against it, and then decided in the end to go anyway...so she ran out the door to catch them?

She was seen running toward the river......

That would explain no car being seen.......

Maybe this person coaxed her into the boat "just to talk" and then when she said she had to go they pulled a knife or a gun on her. What would she do?

Frigid water.....
Steel toed boots.....
Jeans and industrial grade shirt....
How deep is that water......
What if she tips the boat over trying to get away....

I think IF she was abducted, then this person abducted her AND disposed of her in their 'comfort zone." She never left the area more than a mile of so from BPA. How long she was potentially alive, I have no idea, but my gut tells me they dumped her from somewhere very near to where she was found.

Two people, doing nothing but sitting in a boat going up the creek, don't attract much attention. And it was something like 40 degrees that day. I would think the boat traffic was relatively light.

And of course that is JMO

My theory: she was abducted, put in a car, and driven to the other side of the river/creek. If you look on the map, there's a structure about 700 ft from The Rock. I zoomed in and it looks to be a kennel of some sort? Maybe someone local knows what it is. A hunting club? Not sure. But she was driven there, and taken through the woods and dumped in the water.

Here's the structure:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...705,-77.385497&spn=0.000864,0.001742&t=h&z=20

I def. hear what you are saying and fully understand...

So what if we go this route... Wonder if she was put in further upstream - from ground level. I wish I could do these maps like Shutter...

Looking at the map there is a road named Pine Forest Drive and it connects into a dirt? road that doesn't appear to be labeled to me - although I'm sure it has a name. This is a path/road of some kind that leads directly to the creek... If you're looking at the map it's on the left side of I-95.

There also seems to be a little "spur" off of this path/roadway to a place that is almost circular in appearance - some kind of clearing. Almost directly across from this path/road is what appears to be a neighborhood.

I hope this hasn't been too confusing...

I def. hear what you are saying and fully understand...

So what if we go this route... Wonder if she was put in further upstream - from ground level. I wish I could do these maps like Shutter...

Looking at the map there is a road named Pine Forest Drive and it connects into a dirt? road that doesn't appear to be labeled to me - although I'm sure it has a name. This is a path/road of some kind that leads directly to the creek... If you're looking at the map it's on the left side of I-95.

There also seems to be a little "spur" off of this path/roadway to a place that is almost circular in appearance - some kind of clearing. Almost directly across from this path/road is what appears to be a neighborhood.

I hope this hasn't been too confusing...

I've got those maps in my machine MB...hang on, brb

We're about on the same wave length Belimom... My post I just made was speaking of the area across from this on the other side of 95

And you know what...Kelly sure as heck didn't walk this far on either side of 95

Kellyfound.jpg

I'm looking for that close up..... here it is!!! See the trailers? This pic is flipped to fit the screen.

Access.jpg

Yep...that's exactly the area I was talking about... Wonder how much of a public access that could be... And would this be a possible place for Kelly to have been put in the water?

ETA: Also below that trailer place...there is another dirt road/path that looks like a possibility as well - with some kind of structure between the spur (cleared area) and path to the creek

Now that I take another look - that structure looks like 2 trailers put together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn