VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at those pictures again, I don't see how someone could have tossed her over the bridge and how her body would still have made it to the island where she was found. If you go back and look at I-95 in relation to where her body was, she would have had another "island" of sorts to get over, to get to where she was found.

Hey belimom...here's a shot of that building you were talking about. It's accessed from Briarcliffe Drive. It's a dirt road that literally just continues where the cul de sac in this ritzy neighborhood stops. Odd, you think? There are several structures on this property, and as of yet, I've been unable to pull up any info on it. The place looks like some kind of compound to me. I have no idea what it is.
Kelly69.jpg

Strange, this mess of old, dilapidated structures in the middle of these beautifully manicured lawns and well kept homes. I labeled tham all in blue and it seems that the dirt road connects them all. One view from Google shows hundreds of old tires or something dumped right in the water behind one of these structures.

Kellypics.jpg

Looking at those pictures again, I don't see how someone could have tossed her over the bridge and how her body would still have made it to the island where she was found. If you go back and look at I-95 in relation to where her body was, she would have had another "island" of sorts to get over, to get to where she was found.

It would be tough going, that's certain. Here are two images:

#1 shows the most likely drop-off point into Swift Creek from the overpass. The A label should be on the right-hand side of the bridge. Sigh. :)

EastofI95.gif

The second image shows how difficult a journey it would be as the body approached the little rock. The river bottom is showing through most of that passage. BTW, label B in the image above should be on the right-hand side of the bridge as well. Double sigh. :)

EntryfromWesttoLittleRock.gif

That's why I think a boat was used to get the body to its final resting place. Some walking and carrying would have been required, but not much.

My theory: she was abducted, put in a car, and driven to the other side of the river/creek. If you look on the map, there's a structure about 700 ft from The Rock. I zoomed in and it looks to be a kennel of some sort? Maybe someone local knows what it is. A hunting club? Not sure. But she was driven there, and taken through the woods and dumped in the water.

Here's the structure:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...705,-77.385497&spn=0.000864,0.001742&t=h&z=20

...(snipped)...
That's why I think a boat was used to get the body to its final resting place. Some walking and carrying would have been required, but not much.

I think someone could have carried her (or forced her?) from that structure to a spot by the water and dropped her in. Much more likely, I think, than a boat. Then again, if you had her in a car, then why not take her far away? I guess it's because they wanted to make it look like she did it herself...? I'm stumped now...!

ETA: If you zoom in close enough, you can see that the final bend leading to the rock/island is way to shallow for almost any boat. I'm sure that fluctuates according to rain, etc.

Just one final point about why THE Chesterfield police department will say she committed suicide when we all know something else happened.

The very first day I looked at Topix, the first poster on the Kelly thread said something like:

Are other women missing as well?

A second poster responded:

Don't you think the police have already checked with them!?!

The first poster responded to that remark with:

No i don't. This is Chesterfield Police i'm talking about. Didn't need your cockeyed response either.
Not terribly encouraging. lol

Have a good night one and all.

I think someone could have carried her (or forced her?) from that structure to a spot by the water and dropped her in. Much more likely, I think, than a boat. Then again, if you had her in a car, then why not take her far away? I guess it's because they wanted to make it look like she did it herself...? I'm stumped now...!

Bingo! As least for me.

Bingo! As least for me.

I think this lends itself to someone known to her rather than a stranger. A stranger with no connection to her at all wouldn't care as much if LE could easily tell someone murdered her. But someone in her life (or in her past) would be more paranoid about being found out and want all attention deflected away from that possibility.

I've been staring at close-ups too long and may be making up things - LOL! ... But, what is this?!? The shadow looks almost like someone with a gun:

attachment.php

Attachments

• shadow.jpg
    shadow.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 237
I've been looking at them as well beli, they appear in several different locations throughout the area. I'm assuming, because I have no GOOD answer, that perhaps they're duck blinds?

I've been looking at them as well beli, they appear in several different locations throughout the area. I'm assuming, because I have no GOOD answer, that perhaps they're duck blinds?

Ha ha! That's exactly the conclusion my husband and I came to. I'm from a hunting family and that's why I also wondered if the structure that my map points to (and that you all have referred to) is a kennel or something for a hunting club? Can any of the locals go check it out? I could but I'm a couple of hours away.

FYI, when you zoom in at maps and stare at things, you can imagine all sorts of interesting stuff...:crazy:

(ETA: I don't really think it's someone with a gun, but I do believe duck blinds are usually lower? If you look at how long the shadows are for the trees, etc., it seems like a tall narrow structure?)

I've seen similar structures at a park in Michigan that were towers for observing nesting birds. They have openings where the observer can sit unseen and not disturb the birds being observed.

I've seen similar structures at a park in Michigan that were towers for observing nesting birds. They have openings where the observer can sit unseen and not disturb the birds being observed.

Hey carbuff, could that be one of the "bird boxes" Jonathan said he was checking when he turned around and saw Kelly lying on the little island?

FYI...totally off topic, but they found Sarah Rogers, the missing 29 year old mother from Maine yesterday afternoon...1/2 mile from where her car was found abandoned.

I think this lends itself to someone known to her rather than a stranger. A stranger with no connection to her at all wouldn't care as much if LE could easily tell someone murdered her. But someone in her life (or in her past) would be more paranoid about being found out and want all attention deflected away from that possibility.

Excellent observation, belimom.

Just a thought..... we do not know for sure the location kelly went into the water. The dogs tracked her scent going around and behind Linens of the Week. This could mean she did not go on the water at BPA. She could have wandered for a while, walking until she came upon a place she knew. She stated to fellow co-workers that she had a special place she had found that no one would be able to find her at. I know no one wants to believe she did this to herself, but so many different events of the night before point in that direction. This is hard to accept, but most likely the end result is Kelly's doings.

RIP Kelly...You will be missed by so many.

Jitterbug, where did you read that Kelly had said to co-workers that she had found a place that no one would find her at? This is the first I am hearing of this. Also, I don't remember hearing anything about the scent being tracked around Linens of the Week? I had heard that they found a scent but lost it towards the water but I didn't hear specifics of where exactly. Plus, what do you mean by that so many events of the night before point in the direction of her committing suicide?

Hey carbuff, could that be one of the "bird boxes" Jonathan said he was checking when he turned around and saw Kelly lying on the little island?

I would say yes, it quite likely could be what he meant.

Jitterbug, where did you read that Kelly had said to co-workers that she had found a place that no one would find her at? This is the first I am hearing of this. Also, I don't remember hearing anything about the scent being tracked around Linens of the Week? I had heard that they found a scent but lost it towards the water but I didn't hear specifics of where exactly. Plus, what do you mean by that so many events of the night before point in the direction of her committing suicide?

I see you and others find this interesting that this statement pops up out of nowhere...

Maybe it is true...maybe it isn't. But IMHO...I find this very odd, in fact, more than odd....very strange, if you will, that now that Kelly has been found...especially after several of us in several posts asked if Kelly had a place she liked to go to...a place where if she needed to be alone that she could go to...

And no one ever responded to that question....

But now...here it is... No slam on you jitterbug...I'm just saying...

I also have to point out...of course a dog could track Kelly by the water and probably past the Linens of the Week... She's been a regular walker there for some time... But IMHO...for her to walk over a mile thru brush, marsh, scrub, crossing creeks/waterways...on foot... I'd never believe it unless the Big Guy himself came down and showed me video footage from Heaven that's what Kelly did...

I agree that even if Kelly liked to walk a lot, she is not going to walk through water, etc etc and then go back to work soaking wet.

Kelly's Obituary:
Kelly Diane Catalano
CHESTER, Va. — Kelly Diane Catalano, 40, of Chester, Va., and a former Meadville resident, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, March 11, 2010, in Chesterfield County, Va.She was born April 20, 1969, in Meadville, a daughter of Arthur Catalano Sr. and Eva Chase Catalano-Davenport.She was a 1987 graduate of Meadville Area Senior High School and was employed as a welder for BluePrint Automation, Colonial Heights, Va., since 2002.Kelly was always known to have a smile on her face. She deeply loved her family and friends, and she constantly spoiled her nieces and nephews. She enjoyed staying active, especially in softball, volleyball, golf, bowling, ballroom dancing, biking, motorcycling and yoga.Survivors include her mother, Eva Catalano-Davenport of Meadville; four sisters, Linda Snyder and her husband, George, of Meadville, Bonnie Smock of Meadville, Judy Williams and her companion, Ron Gray, of Conneaut Lake, and Lori Williams and her husband, Romie, of Meadville; two brothers, Arthur Catalano Jr. and his wife, Milly, of Solon, Ohio, and Gary Catalano of Meadville; and several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.She was preceded in death by her father and two nephews, Todd Snyder and David Williams.Calling hours will be Wednesday from 2 to 7 p.m. and Thursday from 10 to 11 a.m. at Robert W. Waid Funeral Home, 581 Chestnut St., Meadville.The funeral will be Thursday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with Father Richard Toohey, pastor of St. Mary of Grace Roman Catholic Church, officiating.Interment will be in St. Brigid Cemetery.In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials may be made to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at Development Department, Charles B. Wang, International Children's Building, 699 Prince St., Alexandria, Va. 22314-3175, (866) 411-KIDS or www.missingkids.com; or to Project Jason (Assistance for Families of the Missing) at PO Box 3035, Omaha, Neb. 68103, (402) 932-0095 or www.projectjason.org.Condolences may be e-mailed to the family at rwaid@windstream.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste