VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! Okay...Kelly told co-workers of a spot/place she like to go in the woods. She stated in regular/general conversation that no one would be able to find it. She could be alone there. There was reason to question her about the comment, because at the time no one thought anything of it. It was just conversation. But now with the events that have taken place, those words have taken on a new meaning. No one at BPA know where she was speaking of. Believe me we have searched and tried to find something/anything.

The events of the night before are private and I will not post. The family will release what information they want released. But there are actions that are questionable. Thanks all I am saying.

RIP Kelly. You are missed.

Another reason to question suicide: How easy is it to kill yourself in relatively shallow, slow-moving, very cold water? People who commit suicide by drowning usually get drunk and swim out to sea, or jump from a high bridge into deep water. And since Kelly was athletic, I'm assuming she probably knew how to swim, which would make it even harder.

If she was suicidal, she'd have so many other options.

How easy is it to kill yourself in relatively shallow, slow-moving, very cold water?

It's not. That's why only 2% of those who commit suicide choose suicide by drowning. And of those 2% I'd think most of them chose deeper water and easier venues and open waters. Furthermore, I'd think they'd be carried in the direction of the stream--not opposing it!

People who commit suicide by drowning usually get drunk and swim out to sea, or jump from a high bridge into deep water.

Exactly. You make excellent points on all counts, maggieo.

And since Kelly was athletic, I'm assuming she probably knew how to swim, which would make it even harder.

Not only did she know how to swim but we've been told she was an excellent swimmer and very athletic.

None of it adds up.

Jitterbug, the family that I have spoken with seem baffled by the things that you have posted. Maybe you should contact them directly with any information that you have.

Even the detective on the case in all of his 30 years has not seen a person do this. Maybe jump off of a bridge, but never just run straight into shallow water... Your body imeadiately tells you the water is cold and to get out. As for Jitterbug... I am from the family, her nephew and the night before Kelly purchacased 30 gallons of gas and a volley ball pass from a gym. She even scheduled cooking classes with a friend. So what is it you believe she did to lead her to taking her own life??? Someone wrote vulgar language all over her mailbox. Kelly was a kind and caring person. Who will be missed by many... Thank you all for your responces... We do not believe she did this to her self...

Even the detective on the case in all of his 30 years has not seen a person do this. Maybe jump off of a bridge, but never just run straight into shallow water... Your body imeadiately tells you the water is cold and to get out. As for Jitterbug... I am from the family, her nephew and the night before Kelly purchacased 30 gallons of gas and a volley ball pass from a gym. She even scheduled cooking classes with a friend. So what is it you believe she did to lead her to taking her own life??? Someone wrote vulgar language all over her mailbox. Kelly was a kind and caring person. Who will be missed by many... Thank you all for your responces... We do not believe she did this to her self...

Right!

While this is not standard MO in all suicides - most people give away their things or give their "precious" things to certain people. And most people who commit suicide write some kind of note - trying to explain to their family why this happened and that they loved them...etc., etc., etc. They also start (some of them) pulling away from friends and sort of dropping out of society. And here we have none of anything that even remotely resembles a standard suicide...at least MOO.

Kelly had just purchased a brand new car that she was apparently very proud of - and all those things mentioned in the above post...and added to that, she had just gotten a raise. There were also family plans and softball plans coming up...

One area of her life may not have been going as planned...but it sure seems the rest of it was and surely all that good would outweight the one not so bright spot.

So maybe Kelly had a spot. A special place to meditate/chill out/get away. That special place may not have even been near BPA...could have been in a completely different direction....

Right!

While this is not standard MO in all suicides - most people give away their things or give their "precious" things to certain people. And most people who commit suicide write some kind of note - trying to explain to their family why this happened and that they loved them...etc., etc., etc. They also start (some of them) pulling away from friends and sort of dropping out of society. And here we have none of anything that even remotely resembles a standard suicide...at least MOO.

Kelly had just purchased a brand new car that she was apparently very proud of - and all those things mentioned in the above post...and added to that, she had just gotten a raise. There were also family plans and softball plans coming up...

One area of her life may not have been going as planned...but it sure seems the rest of it was and surely all that good would outweight the one not so bright spot.

So maybe Kelly had a spot. A special place to meditate/chill out/get away. That special place may not have even been near BPA...could have been in a completely different direction....

thank you for that... I just hope we are able to get to the truth.

So well said, amberstock and MBLover.

And when Kelly left the building she had with her keys to her car and a cell phone. If she were bent on suicide, heading right for the river to jump in, would she bring her cell phone and car keys with her? I'm thinking ... not.

For me, for dozens of reasons, Kelly committing suicide is not even a remote possibility.

Running into a shallow cold stream is NOT a logical way to commit suicide...or even very probable way to do it

I agree about the "signs" of suicide....for instance the actor in Canada, when we read about him giving away things etc..that is such a red flag, we don't see that here at all

not to mention that the body reaction to drowning is to save yourself...the spirit may be willing but the flesh is weak...someone may think they want to kill themselves but the sensation would make them fight it and swim..not to mention that Kelly was apparently athletic and could swim

there are certain cases where it may be an "accident">> Like someone swimming while drunk....or someone is on drugs and falls off a boat...

and certain cases where someone wants to get attention by trying suicide ...like taking pills and calling 911 or slitting their wrists ...slightly etc..

but NO one runs to a shallow cold stream and just lies there and dies that is just about physically impossible for a healthy person let alone a good swimmer ....I really hope they have a good coroner and hope they get some experts in there....It feels as if LE wants an easy out

My sympathy and prayers to the family....stand strong and fight for Kelly
hang in there...I hope some experts will weigh in here...I am not an expert

There were 2 threads pulled, containing several posts that were pulled, due to disagreements between CiV and family. I don't recall the pulled posts discussing a "special place of Kelly's." In fact, I kept a copy of the second of CiV's pulled posts, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a special place. (If you want a copy, give a yell.) The first of the pulled posts argued about the Kelly-CiV relationship.

I thought that I had seen a reference to "special place" posed as a question on this site. In other words, I thought someone had asked the question to either family or coworkers in the form of, "Does anyone know if Kelly had a special place that only she knew about to go think things through?"

Plus They already have my imaginary phone plan conversation in them so I already called the dissapeared post as mine!!

Why do some people seem to want Kelly's death to be a suicide, it is weird! I will never believe that she jumped into the river, perhaps she met up with a "friend" at the "special place" and then got thrown into the river, I feel that someone is trying to cover up a lot of the information, and has done from the start, what is going on, there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye!

Using ccweb's three examples as a starting point, I want to create an extensive list of reasons why it appears that Kelly's death was not a suicide; please add to this list any reasons that you deem fit:

1. body ended up upstream
2. goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. she left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. she bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. she made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. she had just gotten a raise
10. she had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. she reported to others that she was being stalked
12. water was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles

Thanks.

Good list..

let's add>>> water was shallow

Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer

~~~~~~~~

Even in a clinically depressed person, grieving person, or mentally ill person bent on suicide the body and body's nervous system, built in "fight or flight", etc will kick in to try to save oneself

Thas is why serious suicidial people put a gun in their mouth or hang themselves...(men more than women)...I was looking at statistics...many suicidial people are a cry for help, some however are serious and they take a way out that is not "reversable"....a cry for help might be one takes pills or lightly cuts wrists knowing someone is coming by to find them

however....NO one commits suicide by simply holding their breath>>> "I don't want to live, I will hold my breath till I die"....and you don't commit suicide by holding your face underwater in a bath tub or pool

as was stated before, drowning usually requires jumping off a bridge, or even a huge cruise ship ....if a person is "serious"....the fall/shock will kill them or make them unable to swim

no one has a "suicide attempt" in a pool or a stream....."yeah I jumped in to kill myself but I came up and started floating/swimming "....doesn't happen

I live near the ocean...suicide there is rare...one would have to get drunk/high and then swim out to a point of exhaustion, get in a wave/riptide...it might be seen in a movie but not that much in real life

I really hope they get some experts in there

I hope they are looking for a head injury...someone hitting Kelly and then throwing her in that water seems a plausible answer to me

Do we have an exact measurement as to how far she was found upstream from BPA? I read somewhere a mile but don't know if that was exact or not.

Do we have an exact measurement as to how far she was found upstream from BPA? I read somewhere a mile but don't know if that was exact or not.

I show 1.62 miles, from the pathway at the waters edge alongside BPA to our island...with room for error and not being 100% certain this island is where she was found, I'd say 1.5 miles would be an acceptable number. What we do know from published reports is that where she was found was a half mile from Whitebank....and that's 1.10 miles from that pathway at BPA via water.

Truth - there's something to add to the time line - upstream approx 1.5 miles.

Using ccweb's three examples as a starting point, I want to create an extensive list of reasons why it appears that Kelly's death was not a suicide; please add to this list any reasons that you deem fit:

1. body ended up upstream
2. goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. she left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. she bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. she made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. she had just gotten a raise
10. she had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. she reported to others that she was being stalked
12. water was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles

Thanks.

*****How about the fact that someone left her doors opened unlocked (or opened) - after she went missing

Does anyone remember off the top of their head how long Kelly's lunch breaks typically were, was it half an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody