VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 12 said north bank park.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12151613

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Richmond Police have identified the body found on March 10 in North Bank Park as Bahriddin Nasibboyev, an Uzbek national. Nasibboyev is also known as "Bahr Naser."

Investigators informed Nasibboyev's next of kin today, a brother living in Uzbekistan, of his death.

An autopsy has been performed. There were no obvious signs of trauma to the body

Suicide by drowning is the act of deliberately submerging oneself in water or other liquid to prevent breathing and deprive the brain of oxygen. Due to the body's natural tendency to come up for air, drowning attempts often involve the use of a heavy object to overcome this reflex. Drowning involves physical and mental anguish. [10]

Drowning is among the least common methods of suicide, typically accounting for less than 2% of all reported suicides in the United States.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods#Drowning

!!!!!!!!!

so one would ONLY be able to do this by 1) having heavy objects weighting you down, jump in with no chance to get out or 2) jump from a very high place, where the impact/shock/would knock you out or at least make you unable to try to swim 3) get very drunk/high and deliberately swim out into the ocean, getting into waves/riptide or 4) you have your own boat, you take it way out in the ocean and you jump off , maybe with weights 5) on a cruise ship you climb UP and over the balcony or rail (I have been on many cruises and trust me, they do NOT have true accidents unless someone is drunk or horseplay etc....you don't just trip and fall off a cruise ship) ...again this would be trauma/shock from hitting the water

no one drowns themselves in a bathtub...they don't just hold their head under water...
the natural flight/fight/survival instinct kicks in

even among people determined to commit suicide drowning is not usually used....2%
and my guess those 2 percent are jumpers/weighted down etc

Using ccweb's three examples as a starting point, I want to create an extensive list of reasons why it appears that Kelly's death was not a suicide; please add to this list any reasons that you deem fit:

1. body ended up upstream
2. goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. she left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. she bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. she made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. she had just gotten a raise
10. she had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. she reported to others that she was being stalked
12. water was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles

Thanks.
Maybe someone from another agency might be interested in all thease facts and get the ball rolling . The more i see this list of facts the more i want to do something . Its clear she did not kill herself. I think L.E. knows this too! They may just not be saying anything?

not sure about her having her keys with her and not even sure about her saying she had been stalked.

Wow!!! Okay...Kelly told co-workers of a spot/place she like to go in the woods. She stated in regular/general conversation that no one would be able to find it. She could be alone there. There was reason to question her about the comment, because at the time no one thought anything of it. It was just conversation. But now with the events that have taken place, those words have taken on a new meaning. No one at BPA know where she was speaking of. Believe me we have searched and tried to find something/anything.

The events of the night before are private and I will not post. The family will release what information they want released. But there are actions that are questionable. Thanks all I am saying.

RIP Kelly. You are missed.

I am not dogging Jitterbug, but I just keep thinking about the message in this post. This person thought the information they had was important and wanted us to know about it. Why?

Beltingitout asked Kelly's family and they say they have no idea what Jitter is talking about. Obviously, people at work know more about the last 24 hours of Kelly's life than her own family does. IIRC, while her family was down in Chester searching, they were asking for people to come forward with information. Did they talk to BPA employees? Why wouldn't someone share this with Kelly's family? Even if they had been asked to zip it, you would think someone would have shared out of compassion.

What private questionable actions happened the night before Kelly disappeared? Do you all think "private" implies something very personal or something confidential related to the workplace?

Just a thought..... we do not know for sure the location kelly went into the water. The dogs tracked her scent going around and behind Linens of the Week. This could mean she did not go on the water at BPA. She could have wandered for a while, walking until she came upon a place she knew. She stated to fellow co-workers that she had a special place she had found that no one would be able to find her at. I know no one wants to believe she did this to herself, but so many different events of the night before point in that direction. This is hard to accept, but most likely the end result is Kelly's doings.

RIP Kelly...You will be missed by so many.

Wow!!! Okay...Kelly told co-workers of a spot/place she like to go in the woods. She stated in regular/general conversation that no one would be able to find it. She could be alone there. There was reason to question her about the comment, because at the time no one thought anything of it. It was just conversation. But now with the events that have taken place, those words have taken on a new meaning. No one at BPA know where she was speaking of. Believe me we have searched and tried to find something/anything.

The events of the night before are private and I will not post. The family will release what information they want released. But there are actions that are questionable. Thanks all I am saying.

RIP Kelly. You are missed.

My fellow posters.......

I don't mean to be rude (and/or ignorant) but I'm a bit confused by this and I could use some help in determining where I should "file" this information in my "system." According to TOS, I'm to consider this rumor at this point because we cannot seem to get any sort of confirmation or clarification on the content of these posts, correct?

My fellow posters.......
I don't mean to be rude (and/or ignorant) but I'm a bit confused by this and I could use some help in determining where I should "file" this information in my "system." According to TOS, I'm to consider this rumor at this point because we cannot seem to get any sort of confirmation or clarification on the content of these posts, correct?

Long response:
This is definitely rumor. My opinion of rumor is: take it, read it, file it way in the back of the file cabinet of my brain, and only bring it forward if there is some confirmation. So far, no confirmation. It's not quite in the trash, but only a step away.

Jitterbug said that there was a special place that Kelly liked to go. Doesn't everyone have one? It can be a special bench in the park, or a patch of grass by the lake. There can be hundreds of benches in the park, and thousands of patches by the lake, but I might like one special one. I don't know if it means much of anything. So Kelly found a quiet place--I see no real significance in that.

Beyond that, whenever someone says, "Did you know blah, blah, blah?", and then when I ask about "blah, blah, blah" the person says, "I'm sorry--that's private--I'm not going to talk about that and it's really none of your business" (which in essence is what we were told), I do not believe what they are saying, because if the "blah, blah, blah" statement was so private, why was it mentioned in the first place? Apparently even Kelly's family has no idea what jitterbug is talking about in this regard. Unless jitterbug is willing to further discuss what was stated, I really don't want to hear about it at all. Don't mean to be rude, but I feel as if we were all baited, and I don't like that.

Short response: Shutterfly, file it away, far, far away. I mean FAR away. :)

RIP Kelly C. May the Lord embrace you in His arms.

not sure about her having her keys with her and not even sure about her saying she had been stalked.

It was reported in many articles that Kelly had her car keys with her (not her house keys) as well as her cell phone. In fact the very first post in the first Kelly thread quotes an article where it says she had her car keys with her. This was verified by one of her coworkers as well.

As for the stalking, I believe it was the family that said she reported to them that she was being stalked. It's extremely late right now (2:00 AM), but I'll look into that tomorrow, unless you find it first. :)

Special Anniversary, special place. We know who put the nasty words on Kelly's mailbox, we know that it was this person that said it was an important date that she and kelly celebrated every year when Kelly disappeared, do we know who had previously tried to strangle Kelly?

Wow, I missed the info about someone trying to strangle Kelly.....that's news to me....how awful.....can you point me in the right direction and I'll go back and read it....thanks!

I think I missed that info too other than police having been called out before to Kelly and CinV's residence due to somethings that CinV did. I know some of the specifics, which haven't been mentioned, but may have missed some about strangulation.

Also, I'll have to agree with CinV that Kelly wouldn't have worried about making sure the cats had homes. From my understanding, the cats were CinV's and when she and Kelly lived together, they were in the house. When CinV moved out, she did not take them with her and Kelly put the cats outside. Let me add that even AFTER Kelly disappeared, the cats were still there. If CinV has her own house now, why didn't she take them? Not that it matters but just throwing that out there.

Alright, I've got to respond to two things although I hate to reveal people's garbage...
The mailbox- I am 95% sure that CIV did this, but my understanding was that this was a while back - at least 6 months to a year.
The strangling- CIV as well.
Powers that be and family, please don't hate me.
I'm only posting this because I want us to have as clear a set of facts as possible...especially if we decide to go to LE with this, which I think we should. Once we get our best pieces together, I think I'm going to call the detective and present them when we're ready.
I have no idea what the anniversary is about.
I think the doors were probably left unlocked by LE accidentally.
The goggles left the 2nd day are a definite.
If I think of anything else I will reveal it if possible.

that post is from Kelly's nephew, Jeff. Which ex, I would assume CinV because the mutual friends of CinV and Kelly's, as well as Kelly's family, had said that Kelly never spoke of violence from any other person other than CinV.

Also, I'll have to agree with CinV that Kelly wouldn't have worried about making sure the cats had homes. From my understanding, the cats were CinV's and when she and Kelly lived together, they were in the house. When CinV moved out, she did not take them with her and Kelly put the cats outside. Let me add that even AFTER Kelly disappeared, the cats were still there. If CinV has her own house now, why didn't she take them? Not that it matters but just throwing that out there.
I have a dog named Scooby and she is like a family member to me.
I would never leave her anywhere. If you leave your pets behind, I dont think you have any regaurd for life. They are living and have feelings. That says a lot , and its crul. People get charged with that sort of thing you know. I get mad just thinking about it. Has someone taken the cats to fid them homes?

Just a thought..... we do not know for sure the location kelly went into the water. The dogs tracked her scent going around and behind Linens of the Week. This could mean she did not go on the water at BPA. She could have wandered for a while, walking until she came upon a place she knew. She stated to fellow co-workers that she had a special place she had found that no one would be able to find her at. I know no one wants to believe she did this to herself, but so many different events of the night before point in that direction. This is hard to accept, but most likely the end result is Kelly's doings.

RIP Kelly...You will be missed by so many.

Could this special place have been some kind of building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3