VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED LIST

Using ccweb's three examples as a starting point, I want to create an extensive list of reasons why it appears that Kelly's death was not a suicide; please add to this list any reasons that you deem fit:

1. body ended up upstream
2. goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. she left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. she bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. she made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. she had just gotten a raise
10. she had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. she reported to others that she was being stalked
12. water was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles
14. doors to Kelly's home were found unlocked (after police locked them) following Kelly's disappearance
15. Kelly told coworkers "she'd be right back" or "be back in a minute"

Thanks.

truthsleuth...how bout that she reportedly told coworkers she'd "be right back" or " be back in a minute."

Does anyone remember off the top of their head how long Kelly's lunch breaks typically were, was it half an hour?

Shutter - I think that was one of the questions we could never get an answer for... Only that it was a liberal work environment...

Using ccweb's three examples as a starting point, I want to create an extensive list of reasons why it appears that Kelly's death was not a suicide; please add to this list any reasons that you deem fit:

1. body ended up upstream
2. goggles discovered on the second day of the search in an area that had already been searched
3. Kelly mentioned things were moved around in her home
4. Kelly's mailbox was vandalized; vulgarities written on it
5. Kelly took her car keys and cell phone with her as she ran out of BPA and toward the river; seems she was planning to return to work
6. she left her machine running, as if she planned to return
7. she bought 30 gallons of gas and a volleyball pass and signed up for cooking classes the night before her disappearance; she had future plans
8. she made plans to meet and walk with coworkers at 11:00-11:30 on the day she disappeared
9. she had just gotten a raise
10. she had just bought a new car, which she loved.
11. she reported to others that she was being stalked
12. water was shallow; Kelly was athletic and a strong swimmer
13. body traveled upstream approx 1.5 miles
14. doors to Kelly's home were found unlocked (after police locked them) following Kelly's disappearance
15. Kelly told coworkers "she'd be right back" or "be back in a minute"
16. she went to work that day. If she planned on suicide, wouldn't she have taken a vacation or sick day and just stayed home?

ETA: I've added Shutterfly's #15 and my own. If anyone has further items to add (AND I HOPE YOU DO! THERE ARE PLENTY MORE REASONS WE KNOW KELLY DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE), please copy the list above, add your remarks into the list, renumbering as you go; and post to the thread. I will NOT be offended. LOL Thank you! :)

I have been going over and over again in my head about this suicide theory and getting angrier by the moment at the thought of it.
I have gone back and looked at the precipitation levels for that area from the beginning of January until the day that Kelly was found as well as pulling the average precipitation for that area.
So, here is what I found:
The average for January is 3.8"; for 2010 the actual amount was 3.78"
The average for February is 3.4"; for 2010 the actual amount was 3.41"
The average for March is 3.7"; for 2010 the actual amount from March 1 - 11 was 1.17"

I also had done a research paper for school last semester on suicide and water is the least chosen way one would commit suicide and no one has ever commited suicide in shallow water.

I feel like I need to do something, scream from a roof top that this was not a suicide, but I sit here, with everyone else, with my hands tied, sad, trying to find the truth.....:banghead:

I think to commit suicide in that shallow water she would have to have weighted herself down. I would think the instinct to survive - even if trying to kill yourself - would overpower you as you're drowning. Don't most folks who commit suicide in water jump from a high bridge or something? Doesn't make sense...

Anyone know what local LE is saying about this case now? Have they changed their mind or are they still stuck in that one position?

Thanks for the precip. data Jen!

I think the word is mum right now on the cause until the ME comes back with an answer...hopefully the truth. I am sure they are alluding to suicide since they said there were no signs of trauma. Again, even if there were signs of trauma, depending on how long she had been in the water, we will probably never know. That's not to say that we are not going to fight like hell to try to find out the truth.

Wow!!! Okay...Kelly told co-workers of a spot/place she like to go in the woods. She stated in regular/general conversation that no one would be able to find it. She could be alone there. There was reason to question her about the comment, because at the time no one thought anything of it. It was just conversation. But now with the events that have taken place, those words have taken on a new meaning. No one at BPA know where she was speaking of. Believe me we have searched and tried to find something/anything.

The events of the night before are private and I will not post. The family will release what information they want released. But there are actions that are questionable. Thanks all I am saying.

RIP Kelly. You are missed.

Interesting. I'm guessing there is some kind of agenda behind this post.

I don't think She killed herself. Women drowning themselves is a very RARE form of suicide.

Amen OneLostGirl! The agenda is pretty clear.

Did Kelly spend time in this area around BPA apart from work? The comment about the "special place" where no one could find her is bizarre, when taken out of context of the conversation that was been going on. That no one asked what she meant is weird. Perhaps she meant to imply that she sometimes met a friend at lunch for a little romantic rendezvous in that "special place"? The part about the privacy of the area just meant no one would catch them making out, wink-wink.

Did someone at work catch Kelly's eye and the feeling was mutual? Maybe that someone was not as free about her sexuality as Kelly, not "out" shall we say. That person did not want others to know. Mind you it does not have to be someone in her own department. It could be someone in Accounting or HR for example. Someone who is not going to drive up in a car, because their car is already parked in the lot.

Did Kelly have a little raft or boat hidden somewhere down by the river? Was that how you get to the "special place"?

Then again, that whole conversation repeated by Jitterbug, may have been misconstrued.

I have thought some tonight on something...back to the guy that got fired. WHAT IF he had some type of altercation with Kelly on Thursday (the night before as stated by Jitterbug)? Maybe there was an exchange of words, maybe he came on to her and she told him she was not interested. Maybe she turned it in to BPA and they have a zero tolerance policy. Maybe that's why he got fired on Friday? In return of being fired and the possibility of not finding another job, Kelly disappeared.

It's just an idea that I wanted to toss out there

I'd be very interested in knowing that as well Beltingitout...

I'd also be interested in knowing about the pictures missing off Kelly's toolbox...and I'd also be very interested in knowing what the topic of conversation was going to be (and had been) with the people she walked with...

Of course I've asked these questions before and haven't received an answer...just like a lot of questions several of us have asked of her co-workers and none, unfortunately, have seemed to be forthcoming.

I've wondered if LE or the powers that be at BPA have asked the co-workers not to comment...

I think the word is mum right now on the cause until the ME comes back with an answer...hopefully the truth. I am sure they are alluding to suicide since they said there were no signs of trauma. Again, even if there were signs of trauma, depending on how long she had been in the water, we will probably never know. That's not to say that we are not going to fight like hell to try to find out the truth.

I'm not a ME here, but if there were any signs of trauma, say like blunt force trauma, I believe it should show up on the x-rays.

I think we all would like to know if there were any blunt force trauma to the head or other parts of the body and if there were any signs of injuries that are consistent from the use of a stun gun or a taser.

Just so everyone here understand my position, I don't buy the notion at all that Kelly's death was a suicide.

I do believe that BPA has asked workers to not speak and let the lawyers of the company do the talking, thats why we are getting these messages that aren't making sense to us. Someone at her job knows something but can't come right out and say it. As far as the pics, that had to be at least a few years back when she and CinV were a couple. They have been a part for a few years if you count a year of living as roommates and almost a year since CinV moved out.

but would trauma show IF she had been choked? she was face down in the water and decomposing.

but would trauma show IF she had been choked? she was face down in the water and decomposing.

If her hyoid bone was broken - that is from strangulation. It's a little bone in the neck.

However there is also something called "burking" which is compression to someone's chest that will also eventually stop breathing - but that method can take a while and I'm not sure how that shows on an autopsy...just heard about it on a show a few weeks ago.

If her hyoid bone was broken - that is from strangulation. It's a little bone in the neck.

However there is also something called "burking" which is compression to someone's chest that will also eventually stop breathing - but that method can take a while and I'm not sure how that shows on an autopsy...just heard about it on a show a few weeks ago.

I figured I'd just add this to MB's post....

What the heck is a Hyoid Bone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoid_bone

As I said before, I'm not an ME. If she had been choked, I believe that the trauma would show. At to what extent somewhere along the decomposition process that it would show or wouldn't show, I honestly don't know.

I would say that if a broken windpipe, broken neck, neck compression, or ligature mark on a neck were to be found, then that should be an obvious indication of strangulation to a ME.

I found a link that may help explain what we're discussing here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member