VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure if the building that possibly has the metal roof is close enough to the canoe spot to be relevant or not, but I was in the area this morning and drove down Briarcliffe. There was a dirt driveway that looked very recently used so I think that the house or whatever is back there must be in use. Or at least the driveway is. I was going to drive down it and look but I was alone and chickened out.

I'm still not sure if the building that possibly has the metal roof is close enough to the canoe spot to be relevant or not, but I was in the area this morning and drove down Briarcliffe. There was a dirt driveway that looked very recently used so I think that the house or whatever is back there must be in use. Or at least the driveway is. I was going to drive down it and look but I was alone and chickened out.

I was wondering if it is a hunting lodge type of thing. Sometimes they are corperate owned.

FWIW

This is a photograph of the structure nearest to the entrance of the dirt road which meanders through the woods and down to the location where the white canoe was seen on Google maps.

This structure and the business where Kelly was last seen are approximately 0.5 miles apart.

Attachments

• structure.jpg
    structure.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 28
FWIW

This is a photograph of the structure nearest to the entrance of the dirt road which meanders through the woods and down to the location where the white canoe was seen on Google maps.

This structure and the business where Kelly was last seen are approximately 0.5 miles apart.

It took a while to locate this structure in both Bing and Google, but what a straight path to the pond and surrounding areas! And in each image on both Bing and Google there are hunters in the water in every single water area.

Very good find, LLLindsayy.

misspelling on the mailbox, the mail box located at the house , the aniversary, vandilized before the fact, this shows anger, im no detective , but this seems like something important. this is my opinion based on fact.

Fact is, there were probably many duck hunters, hikers, and boaters who used that area at that time.

Even if hunting was not set to begin until Saturday morning (Jan. 18), nothing stopped any duck hunter from checking out the landscape the day before (Jan. 17--the day Kelly disappeared) and staking a claim in a sense to an area he wanted to hunt in.

If Kelly left BPA and took the path that leads to the pond/canoe behind Linens and the condom factory, there's a good possibility that Kelly ran into a duck hunter, boater, or hiker. I was surprised to find on Google Earth/Bing that duck hunters' boats are numerous on those waters (and it still astounds me that this is allowed so close to factories and especially to such a busy road as I95). Any one of those people could have had an unfortunate encounter with Kelly leading to her death.

I think we're safe, however, to discuss a category of people in general (duck hunters/hikers/boaters, etc.) who may have been in the area--and figure out what happened to bring about Kelly's death. We know Kelly did not commit suicide, so out there lies an explanation and a person who IS responsible. Let's find him or her without bringing unfair injury to anyone.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I do want to save this thread.

I have always felt Kelly was drawn out of BPA that morning. Whether by cell phone call or text message, maybe even a prearranged time. But someone was waiting for her in the area outside. I believe it may have been someone she had a previous relationship with. I'm just not sure that the duck hunter thing works for me. Kelly's death never seemed random to me, more planned. That she disappeared on "their anniversary", well hmmmnn. That person also really tried hard to convince us Kelly was suicidal. I guess there are a few theories that could fit, but LE is not interested in investigating ... Infuriates me!

Does anyone know:

1. What exactly was on the mailbox?
2. How was it spelled?
3. When was it written?

Thanks.

I have always felt Kelly was drawn out of BPA that morning. Whether by cell phone call or text message, maybe even a prearranged time. But someone was waiting for her in the area outside. I believe it may have been someone she had a previous relationship with. I'm just not sure that the duck hunter thing works for me. Kelly's death never seemed random to me, more planned. That she disappeared on "their anniversary", well hmmmnn. That person also really tried hard to convince us Kelly was suicidal. I guess there are a few theories that could fit, but LE is not interested in investigating ... Infuriates me!

Tell me about it. For LE this is a closed case; for most of us on WS this was a murder. Maybe someday we'll find the truth of what happened to Kelly Catalano.

Does anyone know:

2. How was it spelled?
3. When was it written?

Thanks.

1. Family says it was profanities
2. According to CinVA, there were misspellings--emphasizing that CinVA could not have written the words since she knows how to spell.
3. I think it was stated that the mailbox incident occurred sometime in spring of 2009. Most of the family's remarks in regard to the mailbox were made on the Topix thread about Kelly. The link for Topix is somewhere in the Kelly threads on Websleuths (threads #1, 2, or 3). Best I can do for you ...

Does anyone know:

2. How was it spelled?
3. When was it written?

Thanks.

Did anyone take pictures of the mailbox? I would have had my mailbox been messed. Maybe someone from Kellys family can share with us what was on the mailbox and if it was a personal message or random spray tag by kids??

Okay guys - I've cleaned this up and here's the deal: You may NOT talk about individuals unless you have a link to back it up. You may speculate in generalities. You may not post rumors unless there is something to show a direct connection to this case.

Please let me or any of the mods know if you have questions.

And thank you for caring about Kelly.

Salem

So where do we go from here? We agree there's nothing to indicate Kelly committed suicide, except to LE that is. I believe there's one piece of information that would put us on the right path.

Why did Kelly leave her job & go outside at that particular time?

I believe it was something either pre-arranged or she received a text/phone message.

I think the family would have known about any text or call so I would think it was
pre- arranged verbally.

I think the family would have known about any text or call so I would think it was
pre- arranged verbally.

It was mentioned on this board about not being able to get Kelly's phone records. LE would have been able to but Kelly's family couldnt.
They would have no way of knowing that information unless LE released it and I dont believe they did.

It was mentioned on this board about not being able to get Kelly's phone records. LE would have been able to but Kelly's family couldnt.
They would have no way of knowing that information unless LE released it and I dont believe they did.

Just wondering.
Who is Kelly's legal heir?

That person may be able to access the phone records.

That person might be able to get a copy of the police report.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but thinking maybe
Dateline or even an investigative journalist, might want to look into
this case.
(fwiw: I don't know if there are any investigative journalists re: missing person issues or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE