GUILTY VA - LE use voice recognition, social media, to find militant in UK & US beheading video, *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have done SOOOO much reading these last few weeks. And links to sites I never knew of.
Last night I visited a site. From one of Mom posted Which led me to another site. Where I read about this Young Jihadi. Basir Al Britani I THINK his name was. But the writer of the article said don't be thinking it's of the other Britani. (Who I know is one of the Top Dogs of ISIS in Iraq I believe)
He also was a rapper. And English. Studied law. At Uni. Till he was 'groomed' by a couple of 'Imams' and they gave since been deported or incarcerated.
I'll have a look and see if I can find the link. I found it quite eerie to say the least.

So, I am a little obsessed with the ISIS videos in Hebrew. I listened to them over and over. I do speak fluent Hebrew and I can definitely say that while the first one speaks pretty close to perfect Hebrew and probably grew up around Israelis, the second one did not. The second one learned Hebrew but did not speak frequently. His Arabic accent is very thick.

1st:
http://m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Con...4RTcwQkQ5RTI0NjcxMzlBQTlEOEUxOTM4QTdGQjExNUY=

2nd:
http://m.jpost.com/Middle-East/Watc...1MTFGQjZDODA1QTcwRTU1MTBFNTZFQUE4QzdCNDVFQzA=

Both...are terrifying.

Hollywood probably couldn't even make this up, imo.

[video=youtube;S_8a9rADB5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8a9rADB5A[/video]

"Published on Oct 23, 2015

The son of a Hollywood director appears in a new video by al Qaeda affiliate. CNN's Brian Todd reports.

EXCLUSIVE: British son of Hollywood movie director, 26, is revealed as bloodthirsty star of al-Qaeda propaganda videos after converting from Catholicism and smuggling himself to Syria (dailymail, Oct 19, 2015)
http://dailym.ai/1kihAxK

Home
News
US Home
Sport
UK Showbiz
US Showbiz
Australia Home
Femail
Health
Sci & Tech
Video
Money
Travel
Login | Join now
Desktop site
News
London law graduate who posed next to a pile of severed head ‘trophies’ and appeared in jihadi propaganda video is among two British Al-Qaeda fighters killed in Syria

By Tom Wyke for MailOnline
09:32 26 Nov 2015, updated 15:07 29 Nov 2015
+17
Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
shares
comments
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Abu Basir al-Britani, 26, killed fighting for Jabhat al-Nusra in Latakia, Syria
British fighter of Indian origin studied law and sociology at university
He was used as a cameraman and posted several videos from Syria
Little is known about British Somali fighter Abu Khalid as-Sumali
Do you recognise these British fighters? E-mail: news@mailonline.co.uk
A London born law graduate was among two British jihadists who were killed this week whilst fighting for the al-Qaeda affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra in Syria.

British fighter Abu Basir al-Britani was of Indian origin and studied law and sociology at university.

He left his home in London in early 2014 and travelled to Syria to join the fight against the Assad regime. He was fatally shot in the head whilst filming in a battle against regime and Russian forces near Latakia.

Little is known about the second dead British fighter, known only by his nom de guerre as Abu Khalid as-Sumali. He is thought to be of Somali origin and was killed fighting in Idlib, Syria.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Scroll down for video:

Known only as Abu Basir al-Britani, the fighter, who was of Indian origin, left his home in London in early 2014 and travelled to Syria to join the fight against the Assad regime +17
Known only as Abu Basir al-Britani, the fighter, who was of Indian origin, left his home in London in early 2014 and travelled to Syria to join the fight against the Assad regime
Before joining Jabhat al-Nusra, Abu Basir (pictured) fought with the ISIS British battalion Rayat al-Tawheed. Pictured posing with his 'two trophies' - two severed heads of dead regime soldiers +17
Before joining Jabhat al-Nusra, Abu Basir (pictured) fought with the ISIS British battalion Rayat al-Tawheed. Pictured posing with his 'two trophies' - two severed heads of dead regime soldiers
Jihadis on social media also confirmed the death of British Jabhat al-Nusra fighter Abu Khalid as-Sumali +17
Jihadis on social media also confirmed the death of British Jabhat al-Nusra fighter Abu Khalid as-Sumali
Abu Basir initially joined the ISIS affiliated British battalion known as Rayat al-Tawheed.

He appeared in at least one propaganda video and was photographed posing next to a pile of severed regime army heads.

Following the disbanding of Rayat al-Tawheed in late 2014, Abu Basir joined the al-Qaeda affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra.

He refused to talk about his time with Rayat al-Tawheed, insisting he was only a member of ISIS for six days and had sworn an oath to his emir not to reveal details about his past.

However when approached by the MailOnline, Abu Basir did talk openly about his life in the UK, revealing that he was from London and attended a madrassa before studying sociology and law at university.

MORE...
Russia enters a diplomatic food fight with Turkey: Putin tells shoppers to stop buying Turkish tomatoes because ‘they are funding another missile to shoot down our boys’
Network of tunnels built by ISIS complete with sleeping quarters and electricity supplies discovered underneath recently liberated Iraqi town
When asked by a university student if a degree was a waste of time if wanted to just go and fight in Syria, the British fighter said: 'Well i studied something interesting related to the courts systems. If you’re going to leave check your intentions, ask Allah and make sure you join any other good islamic group apart from dawlah (ISIS).'

The 25-year-old kept an active social media profile and regularly answered questions about his life in Syria on his Tumblr page and posted images on Instagram.

When asked if he missed anything from the UK, the British fighter wrote: 'Aside from family. Going to the Masjids (mosques), chilling with the brothers and eating fast food and cuisine in different types of restaurants.'

He also revealed that he was no longer in contact with his family in the UK, commenting: 'I am here, my focus is here and my new life, my new family (brothers) are here.'

Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 1:45
Fullscreen
Not to be confused with British fighter Lucas Kinney (also known as Abu Basir al-Britani), the dead al-Qaeda fighter was of Indian origin and spoke fluent Hindi and English +17
Not to be confused with British fighter Lucas Kinney (also known as Abu Basir al-Britani), the dead al-Qaeda fighter was of Indian origin and spoke fluent Hindi and English
Abu Basir revealed that he was no longer in contact with his family in the UK, commenting: 'I am here, my focus is here and my new life, my new family (brothers) are here.' +17
Abu Basir revealed that he was no longer in contact with his family in the UK, commenting: 'I am here, my focus is here and my new life, my new family (brothers) are here.'
Play
Mute
/
Duration Time 2:19
Fullscreen
Pictured back in his Rayat al-Tawheed days, Abu Basir (front left) fought alongside the British ISIS battalion before it was disbanded and he joined Jabhat al-Nusra +17
Pictured back in his Rayat al-Tawheed days, Abu Basir (front left) fought alongside the British ISIS battalion before it was disbanded and he joined Jabhat al-Nusra
Abu Basir used his social media account to show off homemade grenades, constructed out of old shell rounds +17
Abu Basir used his social media account to show off homemade grenades, constructed out of old shell rounds
Play
Mute
/
Duration Time 1:57
Fullscreen
He was also asked if he would ever return to the UK, prompting him to declare that he had 'no reason to go back and no desire to. Why would I go from honour in Jihad to humiliation from having abandoned this blessed way of life?'

A thorn in many ISIS supporters side, the pro-Al-Qaeda fighter regularly mocked the rival terrorist group on social media and condemned the three East London schoolgirls for travelling to join ISIS.

Abu Basir, also known as Abu Basir al-Hindi, also ran a YouTube account to document his life whilst fighting and working as one of the group's cameramen and infantrymen.

He operated as a battlefield cameraman during Jabhat al-Nusra's fierce battle for Jisr al-shughour, fighting alongside a unit of Turkmen, Syrians and Uzbek fighters.

After surviving the fighting, he wrote a lengthy three part account of the action, peppering his descriptions with numerous Qu'ranic quotes.

However the British fighter, nicknamed Wolf Man by his fellow fighters, was best known for appearing in a two-minute jihadi propaganda video titled: 'A Moment in Ribaat: Standing Guard in the Way of Allah.'

Play
Mute
/
Duration Time 0:29
Fullscreen
Abu Basir appeared in an unofficial propaganda video, showing him on guard duty on the frontline in Syria +17
Abu Basir appeared in an unofficial propaganda video, showing him on guard duty on the frontline in Syria
A thorn in many ISIS supporters side, the pro-Al-Qaeda fighter regularly mocked the rival terrorist group on social media and condemned the three East London schoolgirls for travelling to join ISIS +17
A thorn in many ISIS supporters side, the pro-Al-Qaeda fighter regularly mocked the rival terrorist group on social media and condemned the three East London schoolgirls for travelling to join ISIS
Abu Basir appeared in a propaganda, paying tribute to a dead Jabhat al-Nusra known only as Abu Ahmad +17
Abu Basir appeared in a propaganda, paying tribute to a dead Jabhat al-Nusra known only as Abu Ahmad
Jihadis supporters also posted pictures of dead British al-Qaeda fighter Abu Khalid as-Sumali (left) +17
Jihadis supporters also posted pictures of dead British al-Qaeda fighter Abu Khalid as-Sumali (left)
Play
Mute
/
Duration Time 0:30
Fullscreen
Speaking with a clear London accent, the fighter is shown on guard duty at the frontline in Syria.

He speaks in a low voice and wears a camouflaged balaclava to conceal his real identity. Resting on his thighs, he carries an AK-47 and describes the conditions on the frontline.

'It's a foggy, cold day. The enemy is quite close and you can hear their shots coming - heavy machine gun fire,' the jihadi says.

He goes on to talk about the difficulties of being covered in mud and 'having to go natural' due to the lack of toilet facilities.

'From time to time you have to keep peering up but the problem is that if you stick your head up for too long, it is likely to take your head off,' he says as he glances over the parapet.

'And, of course, we all want shuhadaa (martyrdom) but we can't be reckless about these things,' he says, describing the 'honour' of defending Muslims.

'If it comes, it comes, but the priority of the Mujahid is to protect his life to stand guard whilst the villages and towns in that direction, they live their ordinary lives but we are on the front line, the Muajhideen, al-hamdulillah (praise be to God),' he insists.

Jihadis on Twitter posted tributes to the dead fighter, using his old handle 'Basirathon' as a hashtag.

Sorry guys I can't for the life of me c&p WITH links... omg I must be sooo dumb n it's probably sat here laughing at me while I scratch my head and look like a bimbo... I only use a fone to get online. Shop. Download tunes. Google. So I do apologise I'm a technophobe 😂

Sorry guys I can't for the life of me c&p WITH links... omg I must be sooo dumb n it's probably sat here laughing at me while I scratch my head and look like a bimbo... I only use a fone to get online. Shop. Download tunes. Google. So I do apologise I'm a technophobe ��

It took me a while to get the hang of it.
If you select the entire search bar at the top. Then click copy. Go to the page you want to copy it to and paste. Try that. Are you using safari?

It took me a while to get the hang of it.
If you select the entire search bar at the top. Then click copy. Go to the page you want to copy it to and paste. Try that. Are you using safari?

I'm actually using a mobile Web browser. I might try n download Firefox
As they now have a mobile version.
All I seem to have option of is to copy a segment of writing. Or the whole page as it's set out. But it won't hyperlink anything. So frustrating Grrr. Ty tho 😊

Canadian captured in Syria admits to role in gruesome ISIS execution videos
Feb 19 2019
rbbm.
"A Canadian captured in northern Syria last month has admitted he helped produce ISIS propaganda videos that showed prisoners digging their own graves and being executed, according to a local source.

Mohammed Abdullah Mohammed, who was detained by the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces on Jan. 13, acknowledged his role in the ISIS videos Flames of War and Flames of War 2, the Rojava Information Centre said.

“Our sources in YPG confirmed that he is the narrator of both FoW [Flames of War] videos,” the group said. The YPG is the Kurdish militia that dominates the SDF alliance fighting ISIS."

“No, I don’t regret it,” he said in an interview with Times reporter Rukmini Callimachi, who identified him as former Toronto resident whose legal name is Mohammed Khalifa.

Shortly after Mohammed was caught in the last patch of ISIS territory, Global News reported he seemed to be the long-sought Canadian narrator of the videos and many of the terror group’s other releases."

The same narrator’s voice can be heard in the 2017 video Flames of War 2, which similarly showed prisoners digging their own graves and ends with their execution. The same voice appears to have claimed responsibility for the November 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 130.

But his identity remained a mystery until a captured Canadian ISIS fighter, Muhammad Ali, identified him to Global News last October as an Ontario man who went by Abu Ridwan.

Ali said he believed Abu Ridwan was still alive."

UK supreme court ruling clears way for Isis pair to be tried in US

A US trial of two members of Islamic State accused of taking part in the beheading of hostages appears likely to go ahead, following a legal ruling that allows the UK to share evidence with US prosecutors.

Britain’s supreme court said on Wednesday that a stay preventing the Home Office from supplying intelligence relating to Alexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheikh must be lifted after the US said it would drop death penalty charges against them.

British Give U.S. Evidence Against ISIS ‘Beatles,’ Clearing Way for Trial

The Justice Department has long planned to prosecute Mr. Elsheikh and Mr. Kotey in Northern Virginia. But the proceedings have been delayed because the British evidence has been seen as essential to a trial, and litigation in Britain had kept it tied up.

Last month, after a push by the Pentagon to find a disposition option for the detainees, Attorney General William P. Barr reversed Mr. Sessions’s stance and provided assurances to Britain that American prosecutors would not seek the death penalty against the two potential defendants after all.

At the same time, however, Mr. Barr imposed a deadline of Oct. 15 for the British government to resolve litigation that has tied up its ability to transfer the evidence. If it failed to do so by then, he threatened, the United States would instead transfer the two men to the custody of the Iraqi government.

The concession, coupled with that threatened deadline, appears to have cleared the logjam in Britain. While Mr. Elsheikh’s mother then filed a new case before the High Court saying it would be illegal to transfer the evidence because her son should be tried in Britain, a lower body in the British judicial system quickly disposed of the case in its ruling on Tuesday.

Relatives of British IS hostage braced for trial

On 22 November this year it will be exactly eight years since the British photojournalist John Cantlie was kidnapped by the Islamic State group (IS) in Syria, along with the American journalist James Foley.

Mr Foley was murdered by his captors. So too were the British and American aid workers and journalists David Haines, Steven Sotloff, Kayla Mueller, Peter Abdurrahman Kassig and Alan Henning.

Mr Cantlie's fate is still unknown. IS forced him to appear in its propaganda videos, criticising the West in what appeared to be scripted addresses to the camera. But he has not been seen since 2016.

Two of the alleged members of the gang dubbed "The Beatles", Alexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheikh, were captured in 2018. Since then, they have been in a legal limbo but recent developments in the US mean the way is now clear, in theory, for their trial to go ahead in the US.

_102702965_compo.jpg

Alexanda Kotey (left) and El Shafee Elsheikh were captured by Syrian Kurdish forces

The other two alleged members of the gang, Kotay and ElSheikh, remained at large until they were captured in 2018 by Syrian Kurds fighting IS.

The two former Londoners have admitted belonging to IS but have denied the UK and US governments' allegations of torture and murder.

America had wanted to put them on trial but was lacking crucial evidence gathered by British intelligence.

Earlier, the mother of one of the two suspects won her English court battle to prevent this evidence being transferred to the US on grounds of data protection.

The men have been in a legal limbo, held by the US military in Iraq where the US attorney general threatened to hand them over to the courts, renowned for their summary justice and executions.

Then came a breakthrough: America undertook not to carry out the death penalty if the men were convicted in a US court.

And finally, on Tuesday, England's High Court lifted the ban on evidence being passed to the US.

Counter-terrorism officers from the Metropolitan Police duly delivered that evidence in person to the US Embassy in London.

Last edited:
Two of the most notorious Islamic State militants were charged in a Virginia federal courtroom Wednesday with crimes stemming from the kidnapping and killing of four Americans in Syria. It’s the next step in the pursuit of justice for a case that began with unspeakable horrors.

Why 2 Islamic State militants are going on trial in a Virginia courtroom

Among their alleged victims:, American humanitarian workers Peter Kassig and Kayla Mueller, David Haines and Alan Henning, Japanese citizens Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa, and American journalists Steven Sotloff and James Foley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back