VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
why in the world wasnt the blood found until now (JANUARY!?!)?! shouldn't that have been discovered soon after his car was towed?!!?

meanwhile, he's been running free for a year and could possibly harm someone else. is this blood in the trunk being tested to see if it belongs to Leyla?! actually, i should say "WAS the blood tested?!" it's been over 2 months since the article was posted... we need results!!

http://www.nbc12.com/story/20589327/blood-in-car-triggers-new-developments-in-missing-woman-case

"The documents do not say whether lab testing has determined to whom the blood belonged, or even whether it was human blood. Chesterfield police declined to comment Monday."

i'm so frustrated. all of the latest articles are from january! did this man really get away with this?!

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_68fc49c8-5ec8-11e2-b3b8-0019bb30f31a.html

I agree it's frustrating. It seems so incredibly obvious what happened, or at least who was responsible, that it makes me feel that whether a victim's case gets solved and whether anyone is ever brought to justice is a game of chance -- relating as much to the resources and level of sophistication of local law enforcement as it does the circumstance of your disappearance and level of cunning of the perpetrator.

On another note, my husband knew her casually. He thought she was smart, very serious and ambitious, and very nice (and he wouldn't say it to me, so I'll say it for him: she was also very attractive). So much going for her. The side of her that had a (married?) senior executive over for dinner at her house and dated some other random, uneducated, violent man was a total and complete shock to my husband. I think it's sad that she was lonely enough to see either of those men even if the outcome hadn't been her disappearance; she deserved so much better.

I agree it's frustrating. It seems so incredibly obvious what happened, or at least who was responsible, that it makes me feel that whether a victim's case gets solved and whether anyone is ever brought to justice is a game of chance -- relating as much to the resources and level of sophistication of local law enforcement as it does the circumstance of your disappearance and level of cunning of the perpetrator.

On another note, my husband knew her casually. He thought she was smart, very serious and ambitious, and very nice (and he wouldn't say it to me, so I'll say it for him: she was also very attractive). So much going for her. The side of her that had a (married?) senior executive over for dinner at her house and dated some other random, uneducated, violent man was a total and complete shock to my husband. I think it's sad that she was lonely enough to see either of those men even if the outcome hadn't been her disappearance; she deserved so much better.

So many good points... And thank you for sharing more insight into this lovely lady...

:seeya:

i just can't believe this person has actually gotten away with something here. i mean.. what's it going to take? how could he possibly have so many red flags around him and not somehow slip up under interrogation?!

Looking back through my notes on Leyla's disappearance and the person seemingly most apt to have harmed her...

This person, Michael Edwards (ME):

- Is someone Leyla's friends worried about after Leyla "split" with him...

- Cell phone records place him at her home night before, and morning of April 4, 2012 ..... (Date Leyla went missing)...

- LE seized ME's Cadillac... And found duct tape, bucket, and Clorox...

- AND....LE found blood in the trunk of his car...

ETA... ME has prior violent criminal convictions... Stabbing of girlfriend with a butcher knife... And assaulting a ten year old!

Now.... What is holding back the progress of this case?

:no:

JMO

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/23/leyla-namiranian-development-and-house-for-sale/

Police identified two persons of interest in the case. One, is a man who told police he was dating Namiranian at the time of her disappearance. CBS 6 has chosen not to reveal his name, but has learned he was convicted in 1990 of brutally stabbing a woman and assaulting her daughter.

I wonder why the Times Dispatch is OK with naming him while CBS seems to think his name needs to be concealed.

This story just makes me so sad. It seems like he family is overseas and she really didn't have any close friends. Reading about all her things being sold just made me so sad.

I hope the investigation into Leyla's disappearance is continuing...

Though there has been no recent news updates...

:bump: for Leyla...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23055/162

Status Missing
First name Leyla
Middle name
Last name Namiranian
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen April 04, 2012 18:30
Date entered 12/30/2013
Age last seen 41 to years old
Age now 43 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Other
Sex Female
Height (inches) 63.0 to 66.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0 to 150.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

2 years ago today.

Hi all, I'm just going to put up links to these two threads, from the Randy Allen Taylor and Alexis Murphy case thread.

Many of us delved deep into the background of RAT and the results leave open many possibilities. One of the threads was about possible victims of RAT. We also discussed the possibility that at some point in time that he may have crossed paths or even known Richard Evonitz.
Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
RAT Background
Possible Victims - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Possible Victims

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member