VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_042af439-5123-560a-a4b6-42367beaa4cf.html

Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:00 am |
Updated: 9:11 am, Thu Dec 20, 2012.
BY MARK BOWES Richmond Times-Dispatch

Friends of missing Altria research director Leyla Namiranian told police after her disappearance that she had become concerned about her safety after a man had made threatening comments and showed up uninvited at her house after she broke off their relationship, police said Wednesday.

from your link:

:devil:

Authorities also searched Edwards’ Cadillac and seized several items, including duct tape, a bucket and Clorox, according to an inventory, also filed in court.
Authorities have said Edwards is a primary suspect in the disappearance of Namiranian, who still has not been found.
Edwards has a violent criminal past that includes convictions for stabbing a former girlfriend with a butcher knife and assaulting her 10-year-old child in 1990.

the article also says that her phone was found

It looks like LE is closing in on the perp...

May justice for Leyla be found at last..

:please:

Very informative article Cat28. With the journal entry's showing threats and an assault combined with cell phone records proving that ex boyfriend Edwards lied to police, it's no wonder that he's a POI.
The court documents show Namiranian wrote that her ex-boyfriend Michael Edwards had said to her, "someday I'll see you out in the street and I'm gonna get you."

He later admitted to lying to authorities and admitted to parking outside of her residence at the time matching the cell phone records, according to the affidavits.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/20433048...issing-chesterfield-woman-feared-ex-boyfriend

Here is another article...

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/27/search-warrants-unsealed-in-altria-executives-disappearance/

"Namiranian told her friend her ex-boyfriend choked her. Namiranian’s friend goes on to say Edwards told Namiranian, “Someday i’ll see you out in the street and I’m going to get you.”"

and

"Officers executing a search warrant found a journal belonging to Namiranian.
One entry in it described her fear of her ex-boyfriend, according to the court documents."

what a **** i can't believe she got involved with him. he must have been very good at concealing his dark side

I agree that it's weird that she was involved with him and I am very surprised, but since she wrote about it in her journal and told a friend, I accept that it's true. I wonder if he was stalking her and saw her male company come over for dinner and killed her in a jealous rage after he left.

I still find the fact that the president of one of the units at Altria would go to supper at a female subordinate's house to be quite, quite strange unless they were having an affair or contemplating one.

i'm saying only this for what it's worth (nothing): if i had been told about something so serious as choking/clear threats i would have told her no i would've shouted in her ears to get a gun right away, protect herself. police cannot possibly be around when things turn violent.
also, she probably was not aware of his record, and apparently did not involve the poiice after she was threatened.

also i'm not familiar with this procedure, unsealing court documents, do they unseal them regularly after a period of time or is it a decision made by the autorithies?

I am glad that LE and MSM are still on this case...

I am going to reveal my ignorance... But why were records sealed in this case?

Especially when information such as threats to Leyla, and blood in POI's trunk were recorded?

:waitasec:

why were records sealed in this case? :waitasec:

I have no idea why the records were sealed. This case hasn't received as much local coverage as some missing persons cases have in the past. I asked a Chesterfield Police Officer about case progress several months ago and he said he didn't know who I was talking about.

i'm saying only this for what it's worth (nothing): if i had been told about something so serious as choking/clear threats i would have told her no i would've shouted in her ears to get a gun right away, protect herself. police cannot possibly be around when things turn violent.
also, she probably was not aware of his record, and apparently did not involve the poiice after she was threatened.

also i'm not familiar with this procedure, unsealing court documents, do they unseal them regularly after a period of time or is it a decision made by the autorithies?

Records can stay sealed for a very, very long time. In a recent case, the parents of missing woman Susan Powell (as well as the local media) have asked that the records be released to their attorney since the main POI was dead. Even at that point in time, LE has refused to unseal the records.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/21884411/one-year-anniversary-of-chesterfield-womans-disappearance

One year anniversary of Chesterfield woman's disappearance:

Police also searched Edward's care and took several items: duct tape, a blanket, a bucket, and Clorox. There were even reports of blood found in Edward's car.

Sarah Bloom did speak to a man we presume to be Michael Edwards over the phone a few months ago. She asked him in no uncertain terms, "Did you kill Leyla Namiranian?" He said "no". He told Sarah Bloom in that same phone call that he "had nothing to do with it" and "didn't see her that night". He also said they were great friends and texted regularly, but wouldn't admit to a relationship.

Thinking of Leyla today. I hope police know more than we are being told.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974
Back