VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I'm thinking it might be related to his apparent delay in reporting her missing - did he wait for trash day?

jmo
This was my first thought when I remembered about trash. Trash curbside pickup in MP is on Wednesdays; bulk pickups are scheduled, but on Wednesdays as well.

Wednesday was July 31st.

Trash Collection info from Manassas Park City website

CURBSIDE COLLECTION SCHEDULE
Curbside residential trash collection occurs every Wednesday (excluding July 4th, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day)
and adheres to the following guidelines:
➢ Trash may be placed at the curb no earlier than 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, and no later than 6:00 a.m.
Wednesday.

They also collect bulk items on Wednesday as well.

Trash pickup for Manassas Park is on Wednesday. The date she was last seen was July 31 (Wednesday).
I was going to say that scenario wouldn’t work, until I remembered her last phone contact was July, 28.

That would be the last proof of life, and leave this guy with plenty of time to dispose of her in the trash.

Trash pickup for Manassas Park is on Wednesday. The date she was last seen was July 31 (Wednesday).

Just saw your post. Good that we think alike; I think he had to be sure that the waste was utilized. He reported her missing on Monday.

Horrible to type, sorry, but a small child body is easy to dispose of this way, as I suspect it could have been done in one case. Mamta was 5 feet and 132 lbs, so, maybe it would not the optimal way for an adult. JMO.

I don’t recall them removing anything from the scene until after his arrest. There are field test kits to determine if certain stains are blood. I’m just glad they had him right there the entire time the house was being processed, they made sure he wasn’t going anywhere.
LE removed a rolled up rug and a box early this morning.

Hopefully we are going to hear something tomorrow about what was found in the search. The chief said 3-4 hours to finish the search and then he has to wait for the report.

A reporter in this video says there seemed to be focus on the back deck where LE had a tent set up. FWIW

It’s good to see that LE is publically naming the husband as POI because LE rarely names one now.

I was going to say that scenario wouldn’t work, until I remembered her last phone contact was July, 28.

That would be the last proof of life, and leave this guy with plenty of time to dispose of her in the trash.
I hope he didn't drive around and dispose of her at waste management plants. I hope then can recover her. We've seen this to many times I really hope I'm wrong jmoo

I hope he didn't drive around and dispose of her at waste management plants. I hope then can recover her. We've seen this to many times I really hope I'm wrong jmoo
I’m thinking the car wasn’t involved at all, which would perhaps explain the length of time that has passed here.

That’s why I think he may have used his home trash.

I’m thinking the car wasn’t involved at all, which would perhaps explain the length of time that has passed here.

That’s why I think he may have used his home trash.
True ,plus the car is still there.for me it kinda gave a Ana Walsh feel although that could be because both guys aren't the smartest jmoo

<snipped & BBM>
In a 50-second news conference about an hour later, Prince William County Commonwealth’s Attorney Amy Ashworth said she had no new information to provide. A news release will be issued “later this afternoon,” she added.

“This is an ongoing investigation, and things are moving quickly. We will try to keep you informed as best we can,” she said to a gaggle of reporters outside the home. Ashworth's jurisdiction includes the independent city of Manassas Park.

Ashworth said authorities do not know whether Mamta Kafle Bhatt is dead or alive. Neither Ashworth nor the chief would answer whether charges have been filed against her husband, even though he was walked out of his Manassas Park home in handcuffs only an hour earlier.

<snipped & BBM>
In a 50-second news conference about an hour later, Prince William County Commonwealth’s Attorney Amy Ashworth said she had no new information to provide. A news release will be issued “later this afternoon,” she added.

“This is an ongoing investigation, and things are moving quickly. We will try to keep you informed as best we can,” she said to a gaggle of reporters outside the home. Ashworth's jurisdiction includes the independent city of Manassas Park.

Ashworth said authorities do not know whether Mamta Kafle Bhatt is dead or alive. Neither Ashworth nor the chief would answer whether charges have been filed against her husband, even though he was walked out of his Manassas Park home in handcuffs only an hour earlier.
Looking forward to the news release which I imagine will include a description of charges.

When it comes to the status of Mamta (dead or alive), this is standard phrasing. They do know the answer to that question, but don’t have her body.

I expect the release to say something like “unfortunately, we do not believe Mamta is alive.”

Assuming they are in fact announcing murder charges.

Looking forward to the news release which I imagine will include a description of charges.

When it comes to the status of Mamta (dead or alive), this is standard phrasing. They do know the answer to that question, but don’t have her body.

I expect the release to say something like “unfortunately, we do not believe Mamta is alive.”

Assuming they are in fact announcing murder charges.
Samantha Murphy all over again... I just hope they have better luck finding Mamta. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada
Back