Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense. If she mistakenly wandered outside the arena, couldn't get back in, why wouldn't she be hysterically upset? Did she have contact with arena staff about being let back in?? I would think so! Yet, it sounds like she called a friend inside and was "oh well", can't get back in, enjoy and I'll get a ride home. Did anyone try to call her back?? Why weren't they concerned? I'm not buying any of this. Was she too drunk or stoned to realize where she was? Saying she "just somehow" wandered outside on her way to the bathroom says a lot about what condition she was in. The LE giving the presser says her "friends" are just going to get on with their lives....ok then! grrrrrrrrrr

ITA! Since Morgan told her mother how excited she was about the concert, why wouldn't she have been upset not to get back inside. I would think she would have been begging the staff to bend the rules. Furthermore, why would she think she'd find a ride home so early in the evening when Metallica hadn't yet taken the stage? It just doesn't make sense.

What also doesn't make sense is why the presser LE stated her friends are going to get on with their lives? What possessed him to say that? Morgan's been missing just 4 days, and - guilty or not - they let many crucial hours pass before she was discovered missing. I can't imagine they would be able to resume their normal lives anytime soon.

I think she most probably met someone outside the arena that night, whether a previously known friend or someone new and left with them, voluntarily or not. I just don't see a girl who was excited about a concert and was locked out of the arena, wandering around by herself through parking lots in an unfamiliar area. None of the friends came to the arena entrance to chat with her possible plans now that she was locked or give her car keys to drive to Starbucks etc. I can't imagine she thought it would be a good idea to just wander around the various satellite parking lots, I know people were tailgating but the weather was chilly that night and most people tailgating were probably already headed inside to get to their seats for the main event. It seems as though it would have been fairly deserted at the point of the night where they are sure she was still there (9:30 pm).

I agree. Teens to Twenty somethings (I have two 20+) are constantly texting on their phones. Even at get togethers, dinners, parties and yes even concerts. This phone will give a great time line.

SInce LE wouldnt answer the question if her friends heard from her after 9 I think she might have. I tried to get in touch with my daughter the other night but it went straight to voice mail. when I asked her about it she said her phone only had one bar left and turned it off. i guess ppl calling would drain her cell?

ITA! Since Morgan told her mother how excited she was about the concert, why wouldn't she have been upset not to get back inside. I would think she would have been begging the staff to bend the rules. Furthermore, why would she think she'd find a ride home so early in the evening when Metallica hadn't yet taken the stage? It just doesn't make sense.

What also doesn't make sense is why the presser LE stated her friends are going to get on with their lives? What possessed him to say that? Morgan's been missing just 4 days, and - guilty or not - they let many crucial hours pass before she was discovered missing. I can't imagine they would be able to resume their normal lives anytime soon.

bbm

That comment struck me as very..... odd. I know he didn't mean it this way, but the phrasing is so strange imo... like well... we're getting on with our lives; we got stuff to do... oopps ....that's the way the cookie crumbles so what's for lunch?

Just -- odd. I realize life goes on, certainly it does; but for LE to slip that sort of random-feeling remark into the presser like that - just wow. And it's only Wednesday for cryin out loud - not 6 months or a year down the road . dang.

Could there be truth in what the girl said about her being hit, so could she have been extremely upset and wanted out or could she have been feeling panicky and claustrophobic about the crowds or drugs or whatever and seek the safety or escape of outside - I remember when I was very very young I went to a concert with friends and felt disappointed by them because of drugs and alcohol and felt unsafe because of the crowds so I decided to hang around the exit and breathe.. dunno really just ideas

Yes, but with a grain of salt, some people just yap and make things up to see how far their tale will go. Sad but true.

Exactly what I was thinking, especially if they think it will get them attention from their favorite band or other fans.

Then again, getting hit at metal concerts is certainly not uncommon. I got my nose broken at a concert when I was 17. The guy in front of me was thrashing all around, never even knew his elbow met my nose with such incredible force.

bbm

That comment struck me as very..... odd. I know he didn't mean it this way, but the phrasing is so strange imo... like well... we're getting on with our lives; we got stuff to do... oopps ....that's the way the cookie crumbles so what's for lunch?

Just -- odd. I realize life goes on, certainly it does; but for LE to slip that sort of random-feeling remark into the presser like that - just wow. And it's only Wednesday for cryin out loud - not 6 months or a year down the road . dang.

I know it's very odd-does it mean this is not going to come back to haunt them because they did nothing wrong -or is he thinking of how Morgan had told them to just enjoy the concert and not worry about her -don't know it's super odd

See, I don't find it that strange. Maybe she was really there for one of the opening bands. Gosh, I swear I'm not a narcissist, and I don't mean to keep comparing myself to this case, but as a big concert-goer myself, a lot of times I was there for one of the opening acts and didn't care much or at all for the main act. It could have been the same way with Morgan, so maybe she wasn't really upset about not being able to get back in before Metallica took the stage.

I know it's very odd-does it mean this is not going to come back to haunt them because they did nothing wrong -or is he thinking of how Morgan had told them to just enjoy the concert and not worry about her -don't know it's super odd
I know right? I mean even if I did everything in my power that was "right," I would still be devastated on only day 4 if my best friend from 6th grade to now, were MISSING.

This is a sad case - great discussion though.

I was going to suggest that maybe she may have got into a disagreement with the venue security about the 'not being let back in' policy?

It can be so infuriating, especially if she exited by accident and she may have been quite upset/angry and thus, in turn aggravated one of the security staff?

See, I don't find it that strange. Maybe she was really there for one of the opening bands. Gosh, I swear I'm not a narcissist, and I don't mean to keep comparing myself to this case, but as a big concert-goer myself, a lot of times I was there for one of the opening acts and didn't care much or at all for the main act. It could have been the same way with Morgan, so maybe she wasn't really upset about not being able to get back in before Metallica took the stage.
That's true and her friends would know if she were a staunch Metallica fan or there for the other performers. Also, she could have been excited about something else or someone else and the concert was a ruse to hide it from Mom and Dad (?) But is 20 a little old to use a ruse to meet a dude? IDK... especially for someone in college, who lives away from home in an apt with a girlfriend. right?

You make a good point. I'd read she was very excited to be going to the Metallica concert and assumed it was this band she wanted to see. Maybe it was one of the opening acts instead.

That's true and her friends would know if she were a staunch Metallica fan or there for the other performers. Also, she could have been excited about something else or someone else and the concert was a ruse to hide it from Mom and Dad (?) But is 20 a little old to use a ruse to meet a dude? IDK... especially for someone in college, who lives away from home in an apt with a girlfriend. right?

Except she seems to have a very close relationship with her parents. Maybe they haven't been wild about the guys she's met in the past or wouldn't approve of someone she may have planned to meet up with at the concert.

This is a sad case - great discussion though.

I was going to suggest that maybe she may have got into a disagreement with the venue security about the 'not being let back in' policy?

It can be so infuriating, especially if she exited by accident and she may have been quite upset/angry and thus, in turn aggravated one of the security staff?

Hi Jenelle-welcome!
where's that Avatar from-it's hilarious
Yes this is a good point
We did hear though that a person at the door discussed with her and told her she was not allowed back in-I think he posted on the facebook page

Did LE specify whether the friend's last contact with Morgan was an actual phone call or rather a text message? How did they hear each other? (when Morgan was locked out but used the cell phone to let the friend know that she had a ride or would get a ride)

OT real quick; Welcome Jenelle!

And what dance is your cute spiderman avatar doing? (Im not cool and Im outta the proverbial loop.)
:)

Except she seems to have a very close relationship with her parents. Maybe they haven't been wild about the guys she's met in the past or wouldn't approve of someone she may have planned to meet up with at the concert.

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe it was someone she met online and she knew they wouldn't approve because of the danger in that situation.

Hi Jenelle-welcome!
where's that Avatar from-it's hilarious
Yes this is a good point
We did hear though that a person at the door discussed with her and told her she was not allowed back in-I think he posted on the facebook page

The avatar is one of the generic ones on here!

I think the lack of cameras in that area is a real worry though - especially for crowd control situations it is bizarre they don't have a CCT service there.

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe it was someone she met online and she knew they wouldn't approve because of the danger in that situation.

She exited the arena instead of, or after, using the bathroom; she apparently wasn't upset about not getting back inside; and, she told her friends she going to get a ride/had a ride. Meeting up with someone outside is making a lot more sense to me. If this is the case, I hope she told her friends who the person is or left evidence on her phone or computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member