Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waddles,

Good finds on the fbook page! I've been checking online to see if any press releases, blogs etc. mention this but so far nothing. While the fbook poster claims that finding her jacket by the railroad 'gives [them] hope'...unfortunately, and maybe I am being pessimistic but the more of her belongings etc., that are NOT with her and the longer it goes without any sightings, calls from Morgan the worse it seems to be looking.

Another thing about the coat. Was a description of this released? I know Mom and Morgan picked out an outfit but I don't recall reading anything about a jacket she might have taken. As another side thought, usually when going to an indoor concert, people leave bulky bags, jackets etc. in the car, since a) they're indoors B) relatively short walk inside to arena and c) gets warm inside with people dancing, being packed together etc. I wonder if she did take her jacket in with her? Also, was there a coat policy? Sometimes event staff prohibits things like cameras, big bags and coats and such so they don't have to dedicate as much time patting people down or checking bags for contraband and can get people processed through quicker.

As for those railroad tracks...I visited friends at UVa in my old college days (okay around 2005) and I remember walking over the tracks to get from frat houses/bars back to the sorority house where I was staying. Not sure if they are the same set of tracks where Morgan's coat might be found but needless to say, I was sketched out by the area. Had I not been with UVa students, who seemed to think it was totally normal to be crisscrossing the tracks in the middle of the night (I was with a group of sorority girls in heels!), I never would have even thought about going across/near them.

Does seem early-meanwhile there are volunteers out there doing their own search
Someone said that she was seen repeatedly dropping her purse in the car park (FB) and as such maybe it's not surprising the phone was found without the battery. Maybe also when the person found the purse the phone was spilled out in pieces from being dropped..just ideas

BBM...this is good news but I hope some of them are at least trained for searches because if there is a crime somewhere down the line evidence might be contaminated.

Good to hear there are still searches going on though.

Waddles,

Good finds on the fbook page! I've been checking online to see if any press releases, blogs etc. mention this but so far nothing. While the fbook poster claims that finding her jacket by the railroad 'gives [them] hope'...unfortunately, and maybe I am being pessimistic but the more of her belongings etc., that are NOT with her and the longer it goes without any sightings, calls from Morgan the worse it seems to be looking.

Another thing about the coat. Was a description of this released? I know Mom and Morgan picked out an outfit but I don't recall reading anything about a jacket she might have taken. As another side thought, usually when going to an indoor concert, people leave bulky bags, jackets etc. in the car, since a) they're indoors B) relatively short walk inside to arena and c) gets warm inside with people dancing, being packed together etc. I wonder if she did take her jacket in with her? Also, was there a coat policy? Sometimes event staff prohibits things like cameras, big bags and coats and such so they don't have to dedicate as much time patting people down or checking bags for contraband and can get people processed through quicker.

As for those railroad tracks...I visited friends at UVa in my old college days (okay around 2005) and I remember walking over the tracks to get from frat houses/bars back to the sorority house where I was staying. Not sure if they are the same set of tracks where Morgan's coat might be found but needless to say, I was sketched out by the area. Had I not been with UVa students, who seemed to think it was totally normal to be crisscrossing the tracks in the middle of the night (I was with a group of sorority girls in heels!), I never would have even thought about going across/near them.

Yes, very good points West-I never heard anything about her wearing a jacket either -but it could have been omitted or they did not remember which one she was wearing or something. Had she left her jacket in the car she wouldn't be able to retrieve it right-since her friends had the keys? But that part is still confusing to me.
Whole thing is so mysterious-we can only think she either trusted someone or people who were accompanying her/lured her away or she was not in a state to think straight

I am going to drive to Charlottesville tonight and do some sleuthing. Don't worry I'll in stealth mode and won't get in the way of LE, promise! I just need to see these places myself. Anything you guys would like pics of or specific places you would want me to try and go?

I am going to drive to Charlottesville tonight and do some sleuthing. Don't worry I'll in stealth mode and won't get in the way of LE, promise! I just need to see these places myself. Anything you guys would like pics of or specific places you would want me to try and go?

Great stuff! Yeah maybe to work out if there is a way to link all these sightings so they make sense on foot-like how to get from the car park (purse) to the bridge (sighting) and rail tracks (jacket) and if they could all be a logical path to take -does that make sense I can't quite explain myself, it's Friday. I had a good look at the map but still was not clear

Also are any of these places connected to areas where you could maybe see the concert from high up or is it way too far?

Way to go secret agent mom :)

Do they have a 24 hr command post set-up? I know they started a website, findmorgan.com, but it has less information and coverage on it than what some of the local newspapers have! (last update is about vigil, nothing new). I'd like to see if what is going on at the site is different than what we are hearing on the news etc. (ie: no command post, ground searches over, no missing posters up on campus etc.) Fanning out from the central location, distances covered by Morgan on foot would be interesting too. Just looking at distance on maps can be deceiving.

Way to go secret agent mom :)

Do they have a 24 hr command post set-up? I know they started a website, findmorgan.com, but it has less information and coverage on it than what some of the local newspapers have! (last update is about vigil, nothing new). I'd like to see if what is going on at the site is different than what we are hearing on the news etc. (ie: no command post, ground searches over, no missing posters up on campus etc.) Fanning out from the central location, distances covered by Morgan on foot would be interesting too. Just looking at distance on maps can be deceiving.

quite a bit of discussion here on searches, flyers etc http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10368

Great minds think alike! I posted this a couple of days ago. The red arrow is the section she was in and the green arrow is where the smoking area is. I added that when we are told she left for a smoke - may not be relevant now.

morgans_seat.png

Thanks. Can't remember where she was supposed to be seated-it's in the early pages of discussion. What I meant was can you see into the arena to observe the concert from the places she was seen- the train tracks above, or the bridge, or is it way too far?

Cos when locked out of a concert you so wanted to see wouldn't you maybe seek to join people who had found a high point to watch and listen for free?

Great minds think alike! I posted this a couple of days ago. The red arrow is the section she was in and the green arrow is where the smoking area is. I added that when we are told she left for a smoke - may not be relevant now.

morgans_seat.png

On CSI last night Ironically
the show was also concerning a concert killer[ not that she is killed] just sayin that the show was about a guy/guys who kidnapped victims from concerts and they had a scalped ticket they stole from the couple and sold blah blah blah..
what I mean is that...
someone could have stalked her from anywhere.
I have heard no reports of X-boyfriends
new ones
girlfriends
arguments
etc..
makes me wonder if a person was stalking the area?
Wonder if anybody recently has been in trouble for stalking in the area?

Cos when locked out of a concert you so wanted to see wouldn't you maybe seek to join people who had found a high point to watch and listen for free?

I think the arena is enclosed....not open like a stadium.

On CSI last night Ironically
the show was also concerning a concert killer[ not that she is killed] just sayin that the show was about a guy/guys who kidnapped victims from concerts and they had a scalped ticket they stole from the couple and sold blah blah blah..
what I mean is that...
someone could have stalked her from anywhere.
I have heard no reports of X-boyfriends
new ones
girlfriends
arguments
etc..
makes me wonder if a person was stalking the area?
Wonder if anybody recently has been in trouble for stalking in the area?
http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=714427

I am thinking stalker.....here

Question--

Does this family have a publicist or family spokesperson--maybe live-in Pastor? Someone needs to get on the horn with more of these news shows or just get the word out there a bit more. At the very least there should be another press conference as we come up on a week since Morgan was last seen to add new information to the search. Assuming Morgan is alive somewhere and being held, she could be well past VA at this point. A lack of national exposure means people who might have a chance of recognizing her/helping her goes out the window. I think all missing people should be profiled on national TV but as we all know that clearly does not happen. HOWEVER, Morgan attends a school with 20,000+ people, all in her peer group. This story is big in the Mid-Atlantic, everyone knows someone who went to UVa, Tech etc. That is a built in base right there that the LE can be utilizing to get info out there and it seems that whatever info they have they are keeping close to the vest.

I know its kinda off topic, but there is nothing on Morgan on CNN.com and only an article from yesterday morning on Foxnews.com buried in between other stories. It has always seemed to me that the most successful of missing persons stories have a constant flow of information being released, people being interviewed etc. The case I immediately think of is Elizabeth Smart. Ed Smart did a great job of making sure that not too much information was released in the beginning but enough to keep it on front pages and then throughout searches, he would release tips etc. so that after a few weeks the case would pop back up on people's radar. I really believe that this strategy helped to keep people on their toes and aware, culminating in a great ending for Elizabeth and her family--thanks in part to observant people on the streets who had kept up with the story simply by watching tv/reading the paper whatever!

Gotch - sorry. It is an indoor arena....so you couldn't see it, but you can sometimes hear concerts blocks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme